3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

No sorry I do not.
Most are just posted throughout this thread.

I guess I might be able to dump some of my old master images for the UGBITS icons onto dropbox or something.
A few of them might have changed since though and there will be a good number of regional (or default) textures not depicted.
Demonius
Lieutenant
Location: United States, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Demonius »

ah no worries, was just curious
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Here is a copy of my UGBITS archive. I have just added it on dropbox as I can basically just paste the files into a new folder.
It might not be entirely accurate, it might not contain everything and as mentioned in most cases does not illustrate all texture options for a model.
link
Demonius
Lieutenant
Location: United States, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Demonius »

awesome thanks
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

seems most the Italian stuff was painted just plain green in the cold war :-?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Yes it appears so. That and NATO 3 tone. Still hoping someone will prove me wrong though as both are quite close to either my default colour choice or what I have used for Germany and France.

So really unless someone can find some other information something the question is: Default green, standard NATO 3 tone, something from world war 2 or something completely made up for modern Italian vehicles.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

NATO 3 tone would suit for me looking at this picture taken of equipment Italian armoured brigade Ariete arriving for Trident Juncture in Norway it would seem right?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The IDF Merkava IV is pretty much done except for a default texture set and possibly also a region group Z set just to allow for captured vehicles.

Also italy will probably get 3 tone NATO at least for modern vehicles. I might stick with green for cold war vehicles. No timeframe for when they will be ready though.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Merkava looks so nice :D
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Looks like i'll be playing Israel in the near future. :-)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Next set of models might be sometime in October but chances are it will be about as tested as the last set. As always though no guarantee for anything.

I got plans for more IDF vehicles but that will (most likely) not be in the near future as I do have quite a few other models to finish first.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Some additional vehicles. I wanted an older version of the Leopard 2 than the A6 and this one should effectively cover most of the pre-A5 versions. The turret is made to be easily detachable if I ever ends up doing engineering or a marksman version.
I am also giving the Leopard 2A6 a small overhaul. I am mainly just cannibalising the A4 for parts that can go on the A6 like the MG and reworking the texture to better support regional textures. I might also do minor touchups here and there.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Just for fun here is the partially rebuild Leopard 2A6 with the A4 minus the parts I have taken from it and a whole one for comparison.
So far the A4 has lost both front and tail-lights, hatches, tracks and wheels, smoke mortars and 120mm L44 (though it will be rebuild into a L55).
The optics will be redone and likely result in some changes to the turret also.

Most of the texture changes so far have just been taken from the A4. The entire engine is borrowed as are some of the detailing. Chances are I will adjust the basic details also as they are not very impressive but it should still be far less work than building a vehicle from scratch.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

great to see your progress looks really good so far looking forward to using the a4
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I hope to have the Leopard 2A4 available in some form for download this month. The main thing it needs is a generic texture version which is easy and shading on the chassis which is not too bad either.

Also I did kinda get angry on the Leopard 2A6 though so I ended up tearing the UV map for the turret and chassis apart and rebuilding it. The old UV map had as few pieces and as many connected edges as possible which is good for creating say camouflage without seams but it also distorts the UV map which makes it harder to maintain accuracy.
Still I can reuse a good portion of the A4.

I got a few other things in the works also but they will not be ready for October. This includes some world war 2 ground vehicles (only took something like 150 models) and I am sure none can guess what nationality these have.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”