3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

YaYo7
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by YaYo7 »

1908 //Northrop F-5, missing ugbit.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

YaYo7 wrote: Dec 27 2019 1908 //Northrop F-5, missing ugbit.
The F-5 was part of a group that was released as a sort of beta with mostly placeholder textures. Most should have been finished by now but there are a few left to sort out.

I will try and get them sorted with some base textures and UGBITS. Hopefully should not be too long.
sparky282 wrote: Dec 27 2019 Haha nerei you always Surprise me with models you have started the type 23 looks great and I very much look forward to it being in game, type 22 and 26 would also be great if and when you get round to them! The G4 also looks brilliant any chance of a planish grey texture? That could be used as many trainers in game c101-cc and hawk to name a few!
Keep in mind that there is no timeframe for the Type 23 frigate. The other models I have posted should be ready for whenever the next set of models gets released but I will not make that promise with the Type 23 due to how much work is left. There is also a lot of models I have not posted any renders of that are a lot further along than it is.

Grey colouring for the Galeb is possible as it is also a nice generic colour that does not scream a specific nationality.
milivoje02 wrote: Dec 26 2019 Yes,two version of marking are one way. But there was a third marck, a Kingdon of Yogoslavia mark,ih head marsk of 3 people comunutis in hers baner. So baner of x group are very complikated,maybe is better without them . Al in al,good work. I really like the angle on the back wings.
Optional textures are really just something that happens when I feel like it. They are probably the lowest priority when it comes to model additions. For the Galeb the priority by far is the X region group texture I have shown and the default texture.
It is also a balancing act as they take time to make and I'd rather also do say an IAR-93 Vultur/J-22 Orao than multiple optional texture variants of the Galeb.
Shecametwice190
Private

Post by Shecametwice190 »

Hello,

First of all, I must say that the models are truly great. However, after numerous hours and attempts, i'm still unable to use them in my games . I followed the instructions Nerei has left in many place throughout this post and still can't make it. My knowledge of modding isn't extensive and I was wondering if anyone here could be interested to show/tell me how to do it. Please note that I really don't mind paying for such help. If you're interested, please contact me in private.

Thanks,
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Dec 27 2019
sparky282 wrote: Dec 27 2019 Haha nerei you always Surprise me with models you have started the type 23 looks great and I very much look forward to it being in game, type 22 and 26 would also be great if and when you get round to them! The G4 also looks brilliant any chance of a planish grey texture? That could be used as many trainers in game c101-cc and hawk to name a few!
Keep in mind that there is no timeframe for the Type 23 frigate. The other models I have posted should be ready for whenever the next set of models gets released but I will not make that promise with the Type 23 due to how much work is left. There is also a lot of models I have not posted any renders of that are a lot further along than it is.

I'd rather also do say an IAR-93 Vultur/J-22 Orao than multiple optional texture variants of the Galeb.
I think we would rather that as well atleast I would :lol:

I understand mate I've been waiting about 6 years I can wait a while longer yet :D
UnionEXE
Sergeant

Post by UnionEXE »

very more units! need optimisation and IOF mech infatry very strong and i not know this machine history
The action of unheard of generosity !
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Sorry I've had a few things to deal with the last few days.

I have been working a bit on trying to sort out the last models with placeholder textures. I will not do a full set of regional textures for all of them due to the time that will take but I am making a few. The full set will be done later.
This is just a texture update so I will just upload it when it is done which will hopefully be in a day or two (no promises though).

I also found a B-47 Stratojet while I was looking around my models folder that I had completely forgotten. That should hopefully also be ready for the next batch of models whenever that is.

For now here is a render of the British Aerospace Harrier GR.5 (roughly) with default and British textures. The Indian texture is derived from a BA Sea Harrier FRS.51. The most notable difference between the GR.5 and FRS.51 is in the placement of the wing wheels which are further towards the wingtip on the FRS.51.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

With regards to new models vs optional stuff the optional content like the Yugoslavian Galeb textures the optional content are really not that high a priority. It is just something I do when I feel like it. Really what I feel like doing at a given time tends to be one of my main determinants when deciding what to work on.
It is also why I have made models that are not represented in the unit database. I simply felt like making them.

Also yes I do have a Orao/Vultur model not that much have been done with it so far. I am not even sure I would consider it ready to be UV mapped.

Fun fact my model projects folder is now well over 6 times larger than the SR install. That is not including autosaves or external backups.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

harrier looks great :D
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Fine shape for eagle 2. Here's a picture of the parade eagle 2 in Serbian Aviation. Not a classic fighting color,parade variant :)
1110455471.jpg
Harrier are top work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The UGBITS and texture update is now done.
Note there is no new models. This is just some better default textures and a few regional variants as well as the UGBITS to with them.
UGBITS updated.
Updated: 1895 - MiG-25. Default texture update. Regional variants: None so far
Updated: 1896 - Su-25. Default texture update. Regional variants: None so far
Updated: 1899 - British Aerospace Harrier. Default texture update. Regional variants: MQ
Updated: 1905 - 737 AEW&C/Wedgetail. Default texture update. Regional variants: K
Updated: 1908 - F-5 Freedom Fighter. Default texture update. Regional variants: U
link

Note more regional variants are planned but this should make them fully functional until then.

The default MiG-25 is loosely based on Soviet aircraft. The Su-25 is based on a Bulgarian aircraft and the Wedgetail is mostly an unmarked ROK aircraft. The default BA Harrier and F-5 are mostly just fictive.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

While I like fancy paint schemes I would probably not do one for the Orao/Vultur.
Currently my plan would be to have the default texture be something like this IAR-93 Vultur.
The Region group X variant would resemble the Galeb.
I might also end up doing a fictive default texture and make the Vultur scheme for Region group T. I have not entirely decided yet.

I wish there where a way to make the game pick a specific texture for say 5% of models as that would be an interesting way to include special variants without them being all or nothing like it currently is.
That said I'd so much rather have the option to define what texture string a specific region uses (ideally with priorities) instead of it being the first entry in worldavail.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

I agree on the texture string the way it is currently makes things look abit funny when you have lots of entries in the worldavail which is how I play!

thanks for the updates i'll check them out the long beach is very nice :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Personally I would love if it was something like this

Regionaltexture Z5,Z

Basically the game looks for Z5 first. If that is not there it looks for Z. If neither are there it just uses the default texture(s).

That would allow for a whole lot of options.
It would be possible to have proper markings for regions that are not alone in their region group (e.g. every middle eastern country other than Israel).

It would also make it possible to have say Ukraine not be stuck with Russian roundels without having all Russian aircraft be unmarked.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Nerei wrote: Jan 05 2020 Personally I would love if it was something like this

Regionaltexture Z5,Z

Basically the game looks for Z5 first. If that is not there it looks for Z. If neither are there it just uses the default texture(s).
Question - What does the "5" represent in this? What system of match up are you envisioning?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Balthagor wrote: Jan 05 2020
Nerei wrote: Jan 05 2020 Personally I would love if it was something like this

Regionaltexture Z5,Z

Question - What does the "5" represent in this? What system of match up are you envisioning?

[_]B [_]O :D

Seriously though the game would really benefit from either more region codes or a way to better split countries within a region code Nerei's example with Ukraine is a particular problem but one that is copied with many countries

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”