3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Breznev
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Breznev »

Overall thanks for the interaction :-)
I just wanted to clarify some of the missing models in the game 8O 8O
There are also missing some units in the game
I help provide information about military units , And I think that my knowledge will benefit in the development of the game from good to better. In particular, assisting designers by providing sufficient and adequate information about military units
I really know how hard programmers and developers are trying to develop the game and try to mod a new models of the unit
Generally I never insist on executing my requests at specific times never
I just offer a bunch of data and information about military equipment and I hope that the designers will take it into consideration in any update coming or at least in the near future.
For example , there are some units is not present in the game

S-125 Neva/Pechora

S-200 Angara/Vega/Dubna ( in russian langage : Ангара\Вега\Дубна )

for information in the game there is a unit named SA 2 Guideline , its like the Picture of the S-200 in this case the modder can add the S-200 versions + some edit and use the model of SA 2 Guideline Because they are actually alike !

SAM System 2K12M1-2L (Kvadrat-2L)

These are some units that is not found in the game !!

I just provide some information and pictures about the unit , and I can provide information about its ranges and radars and others... and the date of manufacture in fact and the date of entry into service

Generally, I do not want to fulfill these requests at a specific time or to link designers to a specific time
No, I think my requests are simple :-) And all my purpose is to help improve the performance of the game and add more realistic to the game

I have already placed some requests , That would elevate the realism of the game.. But it was rejected by the developers :-(
The argument was rejection There are no resources !!

largely I repeat that I do not want to associate designers with a specific time to fulfill my request
Finally, thanks for the interaction and the response
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Nerei wrote: Sep 03 2019 To be fair the MIM-104 PAC3 Patriot I made is with a JSDF Type 73 tractor so you can argue for also making one with a Oshkosh HEMTT M983. The S-300 is also on a MAZ truck. I want to do a HEMTT at some point which lends itself well to also making THAAD and a M983. I also already got an incomplete Pantsir somewhere.
I also have plans for the BUK M1 but I do not want to give any timeframe for it. That is really my approach for all models.

The rest my happen I do not know yet. I will put them on my list but it should not be a great surprise that it is fairly long already.

Currently I am mainly focusing on finishing textures for the next release. I am probably not going to start any new models at this time or work on anything that is far from finished.
After that I might give this project low priority or even put it on pause for some time. I do not have much time right now anyway so the loss will be limited and I will just end up stressing if I start making deadlines even just for myself.
Taking time off and coming back fresh might also be the more productive option long term.
Seems fair enough to me buddy there is already so many of your models in-game the time it's taken you must be huge but it's your models that have kept this game interesting for me probably over the 400hours I had when I started using your models which now stands at around 1000+ hours I look forward to the next release I think after that you deserve some down time :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I probably got way more than 1000 hours in making models for the game. I am fairly certain I have made somewhere around 200-250 models so far and I am fairly certain they have taken at least 4-5 hours each on average. Probably significantly more really as some warships and tanks have taken well over 10.

I have however not really had any time to work on this for well over a week and I am not sure when I will have much time to spare so any chances of a release soon-ish are not that great.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

And that's without including the large number of models you have just helped Cyrus Jackson bring to the game also!

Have a break buddy we'll wait for the next release :-)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Conversions do not really take that long by comparison.
I still want to get the next set of models out as soon as possible as there is not that much work left but finding the time right now is really the main issue. I basically have none to spare.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I am planning to slowly get back to this. My time is still limited but it should not be as bad as the last few months. No timeframe for releases though.

I have worked a bit on this though mostly just texturing for models that where already fairly far along.
F-86 and F-86D's. Still missing around 8 variants or so.
Kawasaki P-2J Neptune. License build P-2V7 Neptune. The main difference between the J and V7 is the lengthened fuselage and turboprop instead of piston engines. I also got a V7 model but so far it shares the colouring of the J variant
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

looking good textures for some of the completed models would be great and these regional ones for the F-86 look fantastic
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Nerei wrote: Nov 14 2019 I am planning to slowly get back to this. My time is still limited but it should not be as bad as the last few months. No timeframe for releases though.

I have worked a bit on this though mostly just texturing for models that where already fairly far along.
F-86 and F-86D's. Still missing around 8 variants or so.
Kawasaki P-2J Neptune. License build P-2V7 Neptune. The main difference between the J and V7 is the lengthened fuselage and turboprop instead of piston engines. I also got a V7 model but so far it shares the colouring of the J variant
Great job for Kawasaki P-2J Neptune,i like very much. In which program do you make models ?
What do you think about design of Galeb g4 ?
siuper-galeb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I model in Maya and texture in Photoshop
As for the Galeb G4 I can find decent references for the it and making aircraft tends to be some of the easier, faster models to make so it is definitely possible to make. I will add it to my list.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Nerei wrote: Nov 21 2019 I model in Maya and texture in Photoshop
As for the Galeb G4 I can find decent references for the it and making aircraft tends to be some of the easier, faster models to make so it is definitely possible to make. I will add it to my list.
They have references in English on site of Aeronautic Museum in Belgrade (http://www.muzejvazduhoplovstva.org.rs/ ... =eng&id=35)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

For reference I mean orthographic illustrations. Basically something like this:

Also got a fairly old model of an OH-6D done to the point where it should be fairly easy to finish it. The texture map supports converting it into a OH-6A or Littlebird gunship
Paintjob is (obviously) JGSDF
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Nerei wrote: Nov 22 2019 For reference I mean orthographic illustrations. Basically something like this:

Also got a fairly old model of an OH-6D done to the point where it should be fairly easy to finish it. The texture map supports converting it into a OH-6A or Littlebird gunship
Paintjob is (obviously) JGSDF
Jus lock out on flags and cost of arms. Croatia,Serbia,macedonija,montenegro,bosnia,slovenia would not love to have a Yogoslavian flag on their units. So it bether widouth markings 8O
Oh 6d is cute :-) :-)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Chances are I would do a version with and without those markings for region group X. it would then be up to people to decide which one to use. I could also end up using the unmarked version as the generic texture and have the aircraft with Yugoslav markings as an optional download.
But yes there will be a version without markings. I try to ensure that for multi-region region groups.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

generally direction direction with unmarked verzion and generic tehture cud be a good direction. then when a country bought a unit it would get a little more vibrant colored unit instead of green or gray.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

It has only taken nearly a year and a half but I finally got around to finishing the PLAGF ZTL-11 Tank destroyer
It might still have a few tweaks left but it is mostly there.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”