3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by sparky282 »

Yep that seems to of sorted it! :D

Any chance of you uploading the model file for Queen Elizabeth? Of course I'm guessing it's not fully finished
Textures seem to be there and look very nice 8)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Well it does have several surfaces completely devoid of details and there are no shading meaning that parts of it will be a bit more blobby than it really should be.
The side you see on the render is the better one.

That said the model is unlikely to need more mesh or UV work so I guess it does not matter when it is exported.
Just keep in mind that the texture is far from done.

Dropbox download link
ID is 1832. It uses NAEn_tx.dds and the version I previously added to the repository is the latest one.
I am not adding the model to github until the basic texturing is done.

You can try this picnum entry. It is probably not completely insane. Maybe.
1832, 15, , , , 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, , , , , 2, , , , , , , , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1832, , , , , , 0.35
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Thanks for that I just started a new game as the UK and had already added the picnum to that unit!

At least now even if the model doesn't look great any texture changes won't require me to re-cache

I'll report back on the size etc with the picnum info you have added

Jaguar in the UK texture looks brilliant mate :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Sorry I have been a bit sick so I have not had that much time to commit to this.
Most of the time I have spent on this have gone towards Uv mapping some warships and a bit of texture work.
All of the below warships are at least UV mapped.

There have not gone that much work into these really as first off submarines are maybe except for missiles some of the easiest models to make and some of the others have been underway for a long time.

First off the PRC/Russia selection have a few more Russian Submarines. Russian surface combatants to come at some later point.

There is also some NATO vessels. This actually includes the last of the Cold war NATO models I posted like 2 years ago.
Most are US vessels.

Finally "other". This includes fictive vessels. It might come as a surprise that most are Japanese though the back one is a KDX-III.

The plan is to try and get some of these properly released over the coming weeks.
I might also have a few Russian helicopters but that depends on how much attention they end up getting.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

looking good quite a few new ones in there, I like the look of the fictive tank/replenishment ship
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The replenishment vessel in particular is not fictive. It is a Mashu class fleet replenishment ship.

Not sure when that one in particular will be ready but a few of the others are all but ready.

Also I am doing a bit of experimenting with texture overrides and regional textures. So far though it appears regional textures trumps everything even secondary meshes with overridden textures.
Unfortunately that means I will have to keep say the main rotors of helicopters on the main texture map despite them being large and largely not needing to be regional variations.
Basically it is less space for the helicopter itself as each texture map will need a large rotor object. Also secondary meshes with regional textures does not appear to mix well.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

So after a bit longer than I had hoped I have finally gotten some models ready for release.
Most are submarines but there are a few surface vessels also

The new models can be found in the repository

Added:
ID 1657 - Uzushio class submarine
ID 1683 - Large Aegis missile cruiser
ID 1684 - Harushio class submarine
ID 1687 - Yamagumo class destroyer
ID 1699 - Type 033 "Wuhan"/Project 633 "Romeo"
ID 1726 - Projects 949A Antey/Oscar II class SSGN
ID 1727 - Project 667A Navage/Yankee I SSBN
ID 1799 - USS Enterprise CVN 65
ID 1803 - Iowa class battleship USS Missouri roughly 1990
ID 1804 - 637/Sturgeon class submarine
ID 1817 - 688/Flight I Los Angeles class submarine
ID 1818 - Vanguard class ballistic missile submarine

Modified
ID 1814 - 688i/improved Los Angeles class submarine/USS Cheyenne - minor updates to mesh

The scale of the 688i should still be the same.

These have not been thoroughly tested but they should (hopefully) be okay.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Vanguard wasn't expecting that great!

I'll give them a try
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Took me a while to find it but I believe 1683 JMSDF Harushio class submarine, and 1684 Fictitious large guided missile cruiser, are actually reversed in the picnum file
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

They are or where is probably more appropriate as the picnums file has been updated and should now be accurate.

Also US version of the F-35A. Generic version will probably just be this one minus roundels and with different markings.
There will likely be a F-35B released along with the textures for the F-35A as it is really just a retextured F-35A (proportions are the same). F-35C requires remodelling so it will take longer.
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

hi Nerei thnks for all work and new model
plz try to designe a new unit model :

Pantsir S1
this Pantsir S2
Patriot pac 1&2&3
S -400
Buk M2
and some other units plz try to designe a new model for these unit because the orginal model unit in the game its a classic
and thank you
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The Pantsir I already have an incomplete version of. Not sure when it will be ready. I have not had much time to actually work on this recently.

I also have a PAC-3 Patriot done although it is using an Isuzu Type 73 heavy truck to pull the M901 trailer instead of an Oshkosh M983. I have an incomplete version with a M983 but again no guarantees as to when it will be ready.

I do have plans for a 9K37 Buk / SA-11 but it is not as far along as the first two.

The S-400 resembles the S-300 I have already made so it is probably a lower priority than the others. Not ruling it out or anything but expect the others before it.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have not had much time to dedicate to this but most of the basic texturing work on the Type 21 Frigate is done. The turret and parts of the rear superstructure being the most obvious. Beyond that though there is also some shading work.
The model is rendered with only ambient lighting so it should resemble what it would look like in-game.
auxilia
Sergeant

Post by auxilia »

Nerei, let me ask, when can we see your wonderful models in the game?
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Some of them have been included in the core game for over 18 months so technically the answer is "right now".

Beyond that most of the models I have made are available either through github or dropbox. You have to add those yourself though.
If you mean when those models might be added to the core game I cannot say. If, when and how they get into the game is entirely down to BG.

Really there are very little content that are not available either through the core game or some download so if you are willing to mod them in yourself you can pretty much have all of them today.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”