3D modelling

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Nerei
General
Human: Yes

Re: 3D modelling

Post by Nerei »

This is the sort of completed set models. There might still be bugs and all that but they appear to function as intended and their scales should not be too crazy.

The full set of additions are:

Code: Select all

ID		name								texture file name		Regional Textures
1571		Type 97 Chi-ha							chiha_tx.dds			J
1575		Type 97 Chi-ha Shinhoto						chihak_tx.dds			J
1622		Kawasaki C-2							JC2_tx.dds			J
1623		Mitsubishi F-1							JF1_tx.dds			J
1628		KC-767 - UV map update and regional texture added		KC767_tx.dds			HJ
1634		Type 60 self-propelled 106mm recoilless gun			J60RC_tx.dds			J
1636		Type 60 APC	- modified model				J60_tx.dds			J
1641		Type 90 Kyu-maru - new model					J90V2_tx.dds			J
1642		Type 10 Hitomaru - texture	update				J10V2_tx.dds			J		- Base model not included
1676		Yamato Aegis Battleship - modified model			JKVN_tx.dds			none
1743		Merkava 4							merkIVm_tx.dds			IZ
1755		Leopard 2A6	- new model					Leo2A6i_tx.dds			G
1757		Leopard 2A4							Leo2A4_tx.dds			G
1766		Type 73 heavy/M901 Patriot trailer - trimmed model		MIM104_tx.dds			J		- textures not included
1830		Type 45 Destroyer						NAEn_tx.dds			none
1883		KJ-200								kj200_tx.dds			C
1940		ZTZ-96								ZTZ96_tx.dds			C
1941		ZTZ-99								ZTZ99A_tx.dds			C
1943		ZBL-09								ZBL09_tx.dds			C
1954		Type 64 MAT armed Type 60 APC					J60MAT_tx.dds			J
1959		Type 75 HPS							J75HSP_tx.dds			J
Note: The Type 10 Is just a texture update and the Type 73 truck/M901 Patriot launch trailer is just a model update and to be functional they will need the base content from the original downloads. The Patriot trailer should have all in the base game but the Type 10 is from the June package which is not.

downlaod link
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Do you have any idea on when BG will implement those in the core game or why they didn't so far? You released a lot of units already that they didn't release yet...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

number47 wrote: Nov 02 2018 ...why they didn't so far?...
Not enough hours in the week. More the half the team is part time or less hours per week.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Thank you for the Chi-ha and Sinhoto models :D :-) :-) :-) :-)
Please teach AI everything!
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

In general I have very little information that is not publicly available. What I can say is if and when a model have been sent to BG. Beyond that I do not have anything to do with it.
Zuikaku wrote: Nov 02 2018 Thank you for the Chi-ha and Sinhoto models :D :-) :-) :-) :-)
I do have plans for more vehicles. In total around 15 for Imperial Japan not including half-tracks, trucks and armoured cars. No timeframe on when it might happen though.

Also everyone should feel free to bundle content I have made in other mods. This is really just a modders resource. The content should transfer seamlessly between being just a modders resource and being included in the core game if/when that happens.
milivoje02
Colonel

Post by milivoje02 »

Nerei wrote: May 03 2018 I might just put up simple texture additions like that. I can do all of that in Photoshop and just put it in dropbox.

T-55 lineup
From right to left basic worn model, Russian/Soviet (R), PRC (C), Indian (Q), Middle eastern (Z) and east European (T).
Region group T is just as much to avoid having all cold war Warsaw pact members outside the USSR run with beat up rusty T-55's.
What happened with this design for T 55 and with that desinge for Israeli Merkava ?
They are very good :)
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The T-55 was released some months ago. It was however only sent to BG after the last patch. It might be included in the next patch or it might not. That is something only BG can answer.

The Merkava was released a few days ago. It has not yet been sent to BG.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I have gotten some work done on the SA-13/9K35 Strela. The model should be easy to convert into other vehicles like the MT-LB. There should also be enough space on the UV map to mount a ZSU-23 on the rear like was done on some Iraqi vehicles.
This is rendered with a point light source so it is not representative of what the vehicle will look like in-game.

I am working on more Russian/USSR air defence systems like the SA-6. With it I want to try and ensure that the GM chassis is sufficiently universally usable that I can potentially convert it into say a 2K22 Tunguska at some point. Some BUK systems at least also appears to use the GM chassis so again trying to make it usable for this should make it easier to make the BUK and probably several other vehicles.

I also go a few other things planned. Anyone up for some aircraft identification?
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

looking good going to try out these new models now I feel a Israel game coming on :D
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

The 9K35 Strela/SA-13 now has most of the detailing done. It still needs proper shading as this is still rendered with more than just ambient lighting.

I will probably not have that many regional variants initially. Russian/USSR and desert is almost certain with DPRK and Indian being a maybe.
This is mostly due to the number of regional textures I can end up making if I make every possible one for next set of models (yes there is a lot)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'm always up for some aircraft identification :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Currently my silly plan is to post a new aircraft model each day through December. This is in part to allow creation of more models during the process while still doing something more than just uploading renderings at random.
I have not decided if they will have regional textures but if I add some they will be generic. It also depends on how much time I have.
They will however have all the basic detailing.

My planned release of those models would probably be sometime February to allow for the creation of a few more regional textures as I really do not think I will have the time for that also.

Yes again this is a bit silly but sometimes I just feel like doing something silly and this is one of the cases.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

A small texture pack for a few models
M110 (mesh 1761): Added Israeli, ROK, US and generic desert. Updated generic, British and Japanese textures.
M270 MLRS (mesh 1646): Added ROK, British, US and generic desert textures.
UH-1 (mesh 1647): Added Italian, Israeli, ROK and US textures. Updated Japanese and generic Textures.
UH-60JA (mesh 1653): Added Israeli, ROK and US textures. Updated generic and Japanese.
SH-60J (mesh 1658): Added US texture.

download link

Simply drop them into the meshes folder.
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

great stuff with the meshes and great plane for December looking forward to it
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I do not have all 31 aircraft ready but I do have enough done already that I should at least be able to go for the majority of December.
Those that celebrate Christmas can just call it a silly military aircraft themed avent calendar possibly with bonus aircraft as that certainly should be doable as I already got around 15 aircraft ready with another 10 fairly far along.

That is ready as in all details done. Not fully finished generic or regional textures.
Proper finalisation is a task for January and maybe February.

The good thing about aircraft is that they are quite a bit faster to make than say tanks. That is to say do not expect me to do this with tanks.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”