Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.59

Post by Fistalis »

Gracuul wrote:Great mod! Just trying it out now but was basically the no colonies game I was wanting with SRCW. Albeit with a further tech tree.
LOL i wish thats all I had to do to make this mod..just cut out some colonies :lol: I actually saw you asking for that.. and it would be a rather quick mod to do.. but i've been extremely busy with this and my other mod so won't let myself take another project on no matter how easy it is.
Gracuul wrote: 2 Quick things from first observation, Saudis capitol is Wrong, prolly from the base game translation. And Liechtenstein is MIA.

Very minor things from a mod with such a large scope of change. Would be cool is BG would feature the mod in an update once you hit V1.0 :-)
Thanks i'll check both out. and see what can be done about them in the next version.(Saudi capital is an easy fix..i probably used the wrong reference file for the location of the captial i can promise that will be fixed next update, adding liechtenstein i'll put down as an eventually.. one day, somewhere above south sudan on the list)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Fistalis wrote:, adding liechtenstein i'll put down as an eventually.. one day, somewhere above south sudan on the list)
Rofl :lol: And The rest according to a complex mathematical equation that factors in (Landmass/Population)*(Number of Nuclear Weapons in recorded arsenal*3.16)/ |O

Kinda pointless to add single hex/island nations like Naaru and Tuvalu(Not single, but still no real resources). Good for historical purposes, bad for gameplay since a single island hex Is almost impossible without Luck, and cheating.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

Post by sniperaddiction »

i think everything is perfect now everything seems to be going good and its really looking like the modern world and what would happen... sooo thank you!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Gracuul wrote:
Fistalis wrote:, adding liechtenstein i'll put down as an eventually.. one day, somewhere above south sudan on the list)
Rofl :lol: And The rest according to a complex mathematical equation that factors in (Landmass/Population)*(Number of Nuclear Weapons in recorded arsenal*3.16)/ |O

Kinda pointless to add single hex/island nations like Naaru and Tuvalu(Not single, but still no real resources). Good for historical purposes, bad for gameplay since a single island hex Is almost impossible without Luck, and cheating.
LOL.. actually the engine has some regions built in.. so it requires a small amount of work to get them up and running... such as the single island nations i've added. While other nations/regions etc are not.. so require a large amount of work to get them in. IEOW for example.. you'll notice the loyalty in their hex is always to pakistan. This is because i've basically used a way to create regions which wasn't intended.

I've decided against adding liecthenstein. A single hex nation with no resources and no miltary or military fabs really doesn't add much to the mod for the amount of work. As to Naaru and Tuvalu they are just too small.. being less than a hex in size.

Again though.. i do very much appreciate you pointing out both issues (i hadn't even considered adding liecthenstein prior to your post), its amazing the things I don't notice in my limited play testing that other people pick up on rather quick.
sniperaddiction wrote:i think everything is perfect now everything seems to be going good and its really looking like the modern world and what would happen... sooo thank you!
Glad that your enjoying the mod.. as much time as I put into it Its nice to know someone other than myself will enjoy it.
dbraaker
Lieutenant

Post by dbraaker »

who is the chief in the second soi? russia, china? sounds great anyway, il give it a try once i have time to play
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

dbraaker wrote:who is the chief in the second soi? russia, china? sounds great anyway, il give it a try once i have time to play
The warsaw pact has been replaced by the CSTO and SCO.. so the lead is russia. In V0.59 some alliances/treaties are missing.. working to fix alot of them for V0.6. (note this is going to mean ALOT of nations start allied with the U.S. in 0.6 due to nato and various alliances the U.S. has, the CSTO and SCO are rather small). I'm at the point in 0.59 where most things are functioning.. but the relationship/treaties fixes are severely needed.In 0.59 You may see things like SK declaring war on NK only be decimated quickly by a joint NK/china force because SK doesn't have the proper treaties it should with the U.S. so the U.S. sends no help. (noted in my last playtest game). 0.6 is mainly working on these issues.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.6(+panama&suez hotfix)

Post by antemalagon »

So far just one small thing I spotted, South Korea's Capital is missing a letter =) should be "Seoul"
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

antemalagon wrote:So far just one small thing I spotted, South Korea's Capital is missing a letter =) should be "Seoul"
Thats what i get for borrowing a bunch of 2020 data :wink:
Noted for a fix in next version thanks
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

yeah they misspelled a lot in 2020, especially when it came to the word "Nuclear" lol
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Bout to give a full playthrough. So ill be pointing out here and there as I go so this awesome mod can make even the pickiest of ppl happy.

A lot of the island nations on the west and Northwest end of Africa have agriculture spots in the middle of the ocean.

Today the libyan rebels captured X912, Y254 or right abouts there.
-George Santayana
ZAR
Warrant Officer

Post by ZAR »

Somalia needs a lot of work. Could you add Somaliand and Al Shaba please ? Also DRC ,Uganda , Brundi and Tanzania needs relationship tweets.

Also SADC - Free trade and open borders would be nice.

But very nice mod :D :D :D
Guggy
Sergeant

Post by Guggy »

Terrific mod :) Loved it even before the "Hey lets conquer the world" fix for the AI lol.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Gracuul wrote:Bout to give a full playthrough. So ill be pointing out here and there as I go so this awesome mod can make even the pickiest of ppl happy.

A lot of the island nations on the west and Northwest end of Africa have agriculture spots in the middle of the ocean.

Today the libyan rebels captured X912, Y254 or right abouts there.
Good catch but thats not on my end.. might wanna report that in the main support issue thread. Resources in a hex is one thing I cannot mod so those are present in the main campaign as well.
:lol:
ZAR wrote:Somalia needs a lot of work. Could you add Somaliand and Al Shaba please ? Also DRC ,Uganda , Brundi and Tanzania needs relationship tweets.

Also SADC - Free trade and open borders would be nice.

But very nice mod :D :D :D
Somalia's current situation has been on my to do list for awhile. I planned on adding the al shabaab. Just haven't yet. Research material is kind of light for some reason on the subject (maybe people just don't pay attention to somalia anymore) The only reference map i could find for rebel controlled territory is here. If you find something better for me to use as a reference please point me to it. Either way look for it in a future update.
Ya relationships certainly aren't done yet.. i do a little here and a little there. I haven't even started researching relations in africa really.. so if you could be more specific that would help(or point me to some specific research material i should look at). As for the SADC I'll note it/research it and put it on my to do list.
Guggy wrote:Terrific mod :) Loved it even before the "Hey lets conquer the world" fix for the AI lol.
Thanks guggy, i've honestly spent more time modding than playing srCW.. once i get to the point that i can start this mod and play it longer than an hour without seeing something i need to do that will probably change. :lol:
Last edited by Fistalis on Aug 07 2011, edited 4 times in total.
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

And then your going to go straight to work on my No colonies shattered world right? :wink:
-George Santayana
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

Post by sniperaddiction »

as soon as i started playing as Spain there are foreign troops all over Czechoslovakia has a ton of troops just sitting in Croatia and Bulgaria does too.. just wondering if its suppose to do that. thanks!

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”