Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.83 ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by Fistalis »

Uriens wrote:Is Germany still getting Laser Infantry too fast in this version?
Good question, something I'll look at next time i test, getting ready for the work week now so I'll have to check later. I know you had mentioned it but when I was going through posts and making changes I didn't take the time to dig through this monster thread so it totally slipped by me. So unless I had modified it previously and don't remember then the likely answer is yes.

Edit: quick check and yes they are still likely to come out with laser weapons in a year or 2, I'll note this on my forums so i don't forget for 0.84
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
IMDBEST
Corporal

Post by IMDBEST »

Is there anyway to interact with the United Nations More? I feel they are left out besides offering me some reserve units time to time.. And yes I have played with the crit united nations. I also saw a panel about members of the united nations, i covered like 5 slots, and china covered 1 ( i was playing as US ) And then there were temp members? Please explain! :/
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

IMDBEST wrote:Is there anyway to interact with the United Nations More? I feel they are left out besides offering me some reserve units time to time.. And yes I have played with the crit united nations. I also saw a panel about members of the united nations, i covered like 5 slots, and china covered 1 ( i was playing as US ) And then there were temp members? Please explain! :/
Its a menu left over from the pre-development stage of SRCW not something I put in. I forget exactly how but theres a bug to access it. Anyway there's no hardcoding to support it so its useless anyway.
Smurfy
Sergeant

Post by Smurfy »

May I just say thanks for creating this. I was running I think 0.81 before and just upgraded to 0.83. What was already a great scenario just became a lot better! Now it is essentially a world war, and I like seeing mini-empires start forming up within a couple of years. Thanks Fistalis! :-)
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

In fact I am planning to mod your build. My main concern is the cities. I am planning to add new cities with 10k or 50k population into your world map. The side affect is if you add more cities the overall population of the country increases. You have simply changed population with the general setting that means you have increased them equally between both cities and urban. At the moment I have no idea to reduce population on non city hexes but I think I can find a way. I just ask which is more realistic adding 10k cities or 50k cities?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Atraphoenix wrote:In fact I am planning to mod your build. My main concern is the cities. I am planning to add new cities with 10k or 50k population into your world map. The side affect is if you add more cities the overall population of the country increases. You have simply changed population with the general setting that means you have increased them equally between both cities and urban. At the moment I have no idea to reduce population on non city hexes but I think I can find a way. I just ask which is more realistic adding 10k cities or 50k cities?
Well hmm ya thing is.
1. You can't recache the mod since I don't include all the data files.
2. AFAIK you can't modify the populations of cities the only way to modify population is via the .CVP which like you pointed out distributes the population evenly. Since all the base info is in the .MAPX file (which can't be edit by any means available to us). Adding cities does not increase population since it still uses the hex data for population distribution.
Questions? Comments? Corrections?
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=15697

That was my tutorial. I had modded .OOF file to add new cities I had not touched the .CVP file as I did not want an even distribution. Your mod has no OOF file unfortunately.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Atraphoenix wrote:http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=15697

That was my tutorial. I had modded .OOF file to add new cities I had not touched the .CVP file as I did not want an even distribution. Your mod has no OOF file unfortunately.
Yes but adding cities does not raise population, it simply uses the hexes population for the city. Feel free to actually TEST it.I have and can tell you that population has nothing to do with anything in the OOF file.

And yes As i said i didn't include many of the data files which means you cannot recache it.
Atraphoenix
Lieutenant

Post by Atraphoenix »

I know I cannot recache and after my trials you look right on population issue.
YugoSKS
Private

Post by YugoSKS »

I'm sorry if it has already been asked, but is this compatible
With the Mac release?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

YugoSKS wrote:I'm sorry if it has already been asked, but is this compatible
With the Mac release?
Brilliant question. I have no clue :lol:

I'll do what I can to get information on the Mac version but since I don't own a Mac, someone familiar with installing/using the mod who happens to own both versions is likely going to have to answer this one.(I'll poke balt about it but since the porting of the mac version was outsourced he's likely to be only slightly more knowledgeable than I am on it)
Axle117
Corporal

Modern World Scenario not working

Post by Axle117 »

Hi I had been playing this mod for some time, and I like it a lot so much so that it's all I will play when I am on SRCW. Some time ago I had to have my pc fixed I reinstalled the game, and then reinstalled the mod but now it will not work.

I have a Steam copy of the game and it is running update 7.2.2, I also have verified the integrity of the game cache and that was ok. I downloaded the mod from your web site and did the self extracting Rar. What is happening is I can set up a game all the options are there as are all the country's but when I hit launch game it just goes back to the main menu it just will not lode a game up.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Modern World Scenario not working

Post by Balthagor »

YugoSKS wrote:I'm sorry if it has already been asked, but is this compatible
With the Mac release?
From what I know of how the mod was created and what I know of how the mac conversion was done (it was not done by our studio) I expect it will work.

Axle117 wrote:...update 7.2.2...
Drop me an e-mail and include your CD-key, I'll help you get version 7.3.1 installed.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World Scenario not working

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:
Axle117 wrote:...update 7.2.2...
Drop me an e-mail and include your CD-key, I'll help you get version 7.3.1 installed.
Hit balt Up as he suggested. Once you're fully updated then install the mod. (Not sure how balt is fixing the steam versions but if its still through steam after that make sure you turn autoupdates OFF once you updated to 7.3.1 since this mod overwrites a few base files)

If you have any issues after that feel free to post again since it sounds like you are missing the cache file somehow
Mr.B
Corporal

Post by Mr.B »

Hi! I had like to say that your mod is awesome, and I've got a question, in the graphics part, there seems to be two zombie units, are they playable? xD

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”