Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.6(+panama&suez hotfix)

Post by sniperaddiction »

also united states is staking troops in Italy when they normal go and attack Libya...
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:as soon as i started playing as Spain there are foreign troops all over Czechoslovakia has a ton of troops just sitting in Croatia and Bulgaria does too.. just wondering if its suppose to do that. thanks!
Its the AI.. NATO countries like to fortify each other.. you should see the amount of troops NATO puts in turkey after a few months into the game. You'll also see the U.S. putting massive amounts of troops in Italy. This is all due to the default AI.. try as I might I haven't been able to modify these actions. We'll have to wait for BGs next update to see what it fixes/changes.(they still send troops to libya but for some reason they like to send far more troops to Italy)
Also since your here.. you may wanna wait for 0.61 to start your game.. im in the middle of finishing it up right now.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

ohhh ook lol thanks... well i mean it didn't do that in the last version of this. maybe because it didn't have the alliances it has now...
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:ohhh ook lol thanks... well i mean it didn't do that in the last version of this. maybe because it didn't have the alliances it has now...
Ya.. 0.59 didn't have NATO set up.. now that it is they like to fortify each other. (not sure about why they fortify certain locations though)
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.61

yea haha damn ive must of been a couple updates back ha... now that i see all these units going threw the suez ha....
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

also it looks like all of them country's that are there are just patrolling the Suez...
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:also it looks like all of them country's that are there are just patrolling the Suez...
They try to land in egypt at the other side of the suez.. then turn around and go to turkey.. why they are trying to all land in egypt is a mystery but its similar to a known issue found in the campaign so most likely this won't be fixed til the next BG patch. (or i can just remove everyones access to the suez) I'll do what i can to address this issue until then.

EDIT.. it seems to be a path finding issue. They don't have a transit treaty with the libyan republic so they try to land in egypt.. they don't have a land treaty with egypt so they end up in turkey twiddling their thumbs. If i do give them transit with the libyan republic they end up in italy after trying to land in tripoli.. so.. i'm trying to figure out a FIX and will update as soon as i find one.
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

ok thanks appreciate it
Gurc
Lieutenant

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.62

Post by Gurc »

Can not download. Says "can not read source" in firefox. Chrome can not download either :oops: . Is there a problem with my computer or is it so for anyone else? Can you upload again or put it on rapidshare or something?? 8O

Edit:: Just DL'ed now. Seems I interrupt download whenever I hit a button in the forum. Strange thing... Problem was with me in the first place :D
Last edited by Gurc on Aug 08 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Gurc wrote:Can not download. Says "can not read source" in firefox. Chrome can not download either :oops: . Is there a problem with my computer or is it so for anyone else? Can you upload again or put it on rapidshare or something?? 8O
Works fine for me...Using firefox btw. No idea where your from but some governments block drop box. :wink: Can't have too much information in the hands of the people :roll:

Edit: ah well then that explains it then.
antemalagon
Sergeant

Post by antemalagon »

Also noticed that the developers failed to add in Sharm el Sheikh which is a key city at the south east tip of the Sinai peninsula ( X1047 Y277) It should also have an airfield (sharm el sheikh has an international airport) and a tourist attraction if at all possible. It is a major resort town for Europeans and wealthy Arabs as well as being the south base for the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) which is a contingent of about 12 nations including the US. South Camp is primarily a US base.
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Why do nuclear states such as Pakistan and China not have available nuclear weapons? Am I not seeing something?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Last edit: actually yes the only nations to start with nukes already built are the U.S. and russia now that i look at the files. But as i said before the AI will start building them right away so it shouldn't be an issue.(maybe ill modify the OOBs at a later date but its low priority since its rare to see the AI use nukes other than retaliation.)

Appreciate you pointing it out though. I never use nukes so would have probably never noticed lol.

(should start with some from what I see in the file.. So they have to be going directly into the strategic pool or something.. I'll look into it eventually)
Last edited by Fistalis on Aug 09 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Thanks, but China isn't competent for building nukes to start with anyway with the starting quantity of uranium.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Cepheus wrote:Thanks, but China isn't competent for building nukes to start with anyway with the starting quantity of uranium.
AI builds it anyway.. buys it off the market. :wink: they start with 400000 tons.. it only uses like 200000kg for a nuke lol. (its the power plants that really eat up uranium). And as i said before can buy it on the market.. I redid the whole world market from the cold war campaign.. there's pretty much lots of everything on the market.. uranium is the only thing that is in low supply but theres enough for those who can afford it.(and china can because its costs to produce goods is lower than most of the developed world :wink: )

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”