Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.8d ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
number47 wrote:Edit: actually.. how far into the game were you when Russia was getting beat by poland? Could be caused by the fact that I don't have a working event to turn off Russias pay off debt minister setting. So eventually they have jack for a military due to constant budget cuts. But If I leave it off... Russia goes bankrupt in the first war they fight..
well actually, it happened at the beggining of the game (4-5 months maybe). Russia declared war to norway but no land exchange ever happened, that soon war with Poland started and they were just overrun...and very soon bankrupt...
If it waren't for me (helping russia finantialy) polaks would have become new world superpower :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
number47 wrote:Edit: actually.. how far into the game were you when Russia was getting beat by poland? Could be caused by the fact that I don't have a working event to turn off Russias pay off debt minister setting. So eventually they have jack for a military due to constant budget cuts. But If I leave it off... Russia goes bankrupt in the first war they fight..
well actually, it happened at the beggining of the game (4-5 months maybe). Russia declared war to norway but no land exchange ever happened, that soon war with Poland started and they were just overrun...and very soon bankrupt...
If it waren't for me (helping russia finantialy) polaks would have become new world superpower :D
Hrmm.. idk. I've seen poland sign an alliance early off with japan.. japan + the rest of NATO i guess.. but still seems unlikely. I have yet to see poland even survive a Russian DOW in my test games.(even after spending the last few hours making sure the major European powers keep a decent amount of their troops in Europe russia still trounced poland)

Edit: I did see one crazy game where russia flipped out and declared war on hong kong... so china declared war on russia.
You guys see poland start whooping russia post the save game for me before russia falls so i can figure out why lol. I don't mind crazy stuff happening, just wanna make sure its not due to a bug.

Anyways.. I'll work on 0.81 more after a nap Try to have it done tonight or tomorrow. Depends on how many more Battle zone settings I decide I wanna do before going back to the regular events.
Last edited by Fistalis on Jan 28 2012, edited 3 times in total.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote: Hrmm.. idk. I've seen poland sign an alliance early off with japan.. japan + the rest of NATO i guess.. but still seems unlikely. I have yet to see poland even survive a Russian DOW in my test games.
Well it was first time for me too...I never saw Poland survive that war before. Maybe, most of the russian troops were reserved in a far east of the country? But than again the whole world was nuts in that game :lol: :lol: israel conquering everybody, than iraq conquering israel and everybody, than saudi conquering iraq and everybody, than Iran, than Poland, Germany...it was joy to behold (all it was missing was a Louis Armstrong "What a woderfull world" in the background while all that land exchanged hands :lol: )
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

I still have 0.8b i think but when i play russia kick poland's ass and is now starting to invade germany with relative ease. Glad to see that not everyone gets identical scenarios
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

shouldn't kenya be at war with al shabaab or at least be helping somalia (i have v 0.8b or something so you may have fixed this)
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
fobboy
Sergeant

Post by fobboy »

tofofnts wrote:shouldn't kenya be at war with al shabaab or at least be helping somalia (i have v 0.8b or something so you may have fixed this)
I'm using the latest version...same game as the one where Poland annexed Russia. Al Shabaab, a few months previous, already annexed Kenya and then moved on to annexing Ethiopia.
fobboy
Sergeant

Post by fobboy »

After some tests, the world still stagnates after the events are done. One event to make the world a more "interesting" place as time moves on.

"After a series of wars and annexations in the world, the power and ability of the United Nations to promote World Peace is called into question. Having seen other regional powers in the world, mainly China and Russia annex nation after nation, other countries in the world with dreams of regional or major power status start harboring thoughts of withdrawing from the ineffectual UN and mimic the actions of the 2 aggressor countries."

Event: Countries start withdrawing from the United Nations as time passes leading to a complete dissolution of the United Nations.
Effect: Cassus Belli award on every other nation on earth for the countries that withdraw from the UN. Also, CB award on the country that withdraws for any other nation still remaining in the UN.

Historical Precedence: See League of Nations.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:shouldn't kenya be at war with al shabaab or at least be helping somalia (i have v 0.8b or something so you may have fixed this)
Fixed in 0.8d. Kenya and ethiopia both Start with onesided mutal protection and tranisit treaties to assit. Which leads to al shabaab getting to declare war on both for free because they are in a proxy war with them.

fobboy wrote:After some tests, the world still stagnates after the events are done. One event to make the world a more "interesting" place as time moves on.

"After a series of wars and annexations in the world, the power and ability of the United Nations to promote World Peace is called into question. Having seen other regional powers in the world, mainly China and Russia annex nation after nation, other countries in the world with dreams of regional or major power status start harboring thoughts of withdrawing from the ineffectual UN and mimic the actions of the 2 aggressor countries."

Event: Countries start withdrawing from the United Nations as time passes leading to a complete dissolution of the United Nations.
Effect: Cassus Belli award on every other nation on earth for the countries that withdraw from the UN. Also, CB award on the country that withdraws for any other nation still remaining in the UN.

Historical Precedence: See League of Nations.
Neat idea... but not exactly what i'm looking for. That could easily be the Storyline to a whole alternate scenario though. :wink:

There is only like 4 events in 0.8d and all of them happen early. Story driven events I should say.. there are actually hundred of behind the scene events that are there to help the AI along.. like building new scructures ect.

2 Events = Al-shab declaring war on ethiopia and Kenya in response to their invervention. (They have actually threatened to do this IRL)
Coup in pakistan, military faction Signs Alliance with china
and lastly Waziristan declares war on India.
Strange thing is.. at that point India should have Full C.B towards pakistan but they never declare war unless I script them to. If your playing on Very high volatility the U.S. should have full C.B on both russia and China with in the first few months but again the AI refuses to declare war.

I don't want to script too many direct wars because if I do.. then even playing on no volatility will end up a huge war. I need to figure out why the AI refuses to declare war in some situations. |O
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote: If your playing on Very high volatility the U.S. should have full C.B on both russia and China with in the first few months but again the AI refuses to declare war.
USA never declares war on anything for some reason
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:
Fistalis wrote: If your playing on Very high volatility the U.S. should have full C.B on both russia and China with in the first few months but again the AI refuses to declare war.
Ya i know.. not sure why this is. I've seen them declare war on Cuba in rare instances but thats the ONLY war i've ever seen the U.S. as the agressor and I have no clue why. This isn't purposeful on my part.. its something I've been trying to figure out and fix since I started this mod. I think part of it has to do with the "long range attack" Declaration of wars. Everytime a country declares war stating a "Long range attack" they gain Relations with everyone.

Just confirmed this in my testing.. russia declared war on latvia.. then declared war one by one on 2 other NATO members due to "long range attacks" (proxy wars) THen loaded it up in multi as the U.S and sure enough the U.S. has 0 C.B against russia.. and full diplo and civilian relations.

Edit: it seems that the AI joining in a proxy war = a declaration of war regardless of the circumstances.
This means that when russia declares war on poland and all the allies respond.. it destroys any C.B other nations had against russia.

See this post in support for more info.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 21#p137221

TBH i'm tempted to give up on this mod til update 3 comes out
fobboy
Sergeant

Post by fobboy »

Fistalis wrote:
tofofnts wrote:
Ya i know.. not sure why this is. I've seen them declare war on Cuba in rare instances but thats the ONLY war i've ever seen the U.S. as the agressor and I have no clue why. This isn't purposeful on my part.. its something I've been trying to figure out and fix since I started this mod. I think part of it has to do with the "long range attack" Declaration of wars. Everytime a country declares war stating a "Long range attack" they gain Relations with everyone.

Just confirmed this in my testing.. russia declared war on latvia.. then declared war one by one on 2 other NATO members due to "long range attacks" (proxy wars) THen loaded it up in multi as the U.S and sure enough the U.S. has 0 C.B against russia.. and full diplo and civilian relations.

Edit: it seems that the AI joining in a proxy war = a declaration of war regardless of the circumstances.
This means that when russia declares war on poland and all the allies respond.. it destroys any C.B other nations had against russia.

See this post in support for more info.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 21#p137221

TBH i'm tempted to give up on this mod til update 3 comes out
If it comes out.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

fobboy wrote: If it comes out.
Oh it will. I would guess in the next month probably. I felt this same way when I had ran into a brick wall in fixing things prior to update 2.
cjamundson
Corporal

Post by cjamundson »

i tried downloading this mod just not sure how to get it into the actual game. any help would be great thanks.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Run the .exe target the folder where your supreme ruler cold war .exe is. It unzipps the files and its installed.
cjamundson
Corporal

Post by cjamundson »

playing the united states, submarines dont show up!

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”