Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LiKaapstad
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.62

Post by LiKaapstad »

Hi, I was going to say great mod :-)

Just wish the presidents where current leaders :wink:

Other than my small complaint, excellent mod!
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

LiKaapstad wrote:Hi, I was going to say great mod :-)

Just wish the presidents where current leaders :wink:

Other than my small complaint, excellent mod!
Some are in some are not.. some got lost in the file clean up but will return next update. (oddly i think Obama, Zardari and Karzai were the only ones who didn't get lost in the file clean up, I'll fix it when i go to add more) Bear with me though there's like 200 nations..and i don't plan on adding any art since I wanna keep this as a data only mod. So each time i add someone i have to search through the various built in avatars to find one that at least resembles them. Which is why i've only done 3 or 4 each update.

If there is a particular leader someone wants to see in sooner than others feel free to post the info and find the avatar you think most closely resembles them and post the number and it would save me a huge amount of time. :wink:

Already done are Obama, Karzai ,Ali Zardari,Cameron,Medvedev,Castro.(although a few of them got left out in 0.62 i've already fixed them for the next update)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

Anyway to solve crashing after playing for a while? >:
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Cepheus wrote:Anyway to solve crashing after playing for a while? >:
Never had the issue personally... i'd try to reboot the PC maybe.. lots of troops etc at the start of the mod, and CW seems to not release memory properly.
Cepheus
Warrant Officer

Post by Cepheus »

I hadn't updated it, now it works.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Cepheus wrote:I hadn't updated it, now it works.
The game or the mod? :-? Oh btw now that you here and i'm thinking about it. China does start with nukes but they are in the strategic pool. I fixed this in the next update. (haven't fixed the other nations yet though). The silo missiles still won't be there cause I haven't put any silos in china yet though.
iuvart
Lieutenant

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.63

Post by iuvart »

Why is the Saarland (one of the sixteen states of Germany [1]) UN territory? :o

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saarland
sniperaddiction
Warrant Officer

Post by sniperaddiction »

i was wondering if you could add in some units like the us navy seals and green berets, SAS,Delta Force,Spetsnaz, etc. And i think you said in your last update you where gonna add more rebels. The cartel in Mexico would be pretty cool to but you do a whole new scenario for that lol.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sniperaddiction wrote:i was wondering if you could add in some units like the us navy seals and green berets, SAS,Delta Force,Spetsnaz, etc. And i think you said in your last update you where gonna add more rebels. The cartel in Mexico would be pretty cool to but you do a whole new scenario for that lol.
All those are considered the special forces units. And yes I plan on adding more rebel groups. However dealing with the AI issues that were slowing the game down at the beginning took precedent.(The U.S. moving 90% of its force into italy , greece and Israel trying to get to afghanistan was just horrible. I will restore the mutal defense etc.. if/when BG updates the AI code to ask "can i get there" before it sends all its troops lol)
iuvart wrote:Why is the Saarland (one of the sixteen states of Germany [1]) UN territory? :o

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saarland
Cause no one pointed it out and I hadn't noticed :wink: (Fixed for next update). Thanks for pointing it out.
adam_brisbane
Sergeant

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.64

Post by adam_brisbane »

I was playing your mod and love it but I was playing as Australia and just one strange thing that always happened in the air craft fabrication you have 3 fabrications but the game is always building four planes at a time.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

adam_brisbane wrote:I was playing your mod and love it but I was playing as Australia and just one strange thing that always happened in the air craft fabrication you have 3 fabrications but the game is always building four planes at a time.
Just loaded up with australia and didn't see. So i'm going to guess it was a fluke. The AI sometimes likes to put stuff in the queue so shouldn't be an issue. Nothing I have changed in the data files should effect anything of that sort. :wink:

Glad you enjoy the mod 8O
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Great mod! I was hoping to find something like this! My only question is where are the Taliban, which should be fighting Pakistan and Afghanistan. I'm sure it's already been asked...
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

LeonTrotsky wrote:Great mod! I was hoping to find something like this! My only question is where are the Taliban, which should be fighting Pakistan and Afghanistan. I'm sure it's already been asked...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Em ... Waziristan

They are there.. with their base in Pakistan :wink:

They aren't at war with pakistan.. since pakistan signed the treaty with them.. you need to get up to current events 8O

Edit: actually that happened like 5 years ago.. so its not so current.. but still applies lol
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Haha, I am up with current events, I just don't pay too much mind to Pakistan. I know they are in bed w/ the terrorists. However they have their own problems. I was also wondering I can't seem to find how to play as the Emirate of W. I was hoping to play against Afghanistan :D and kick the US out. Is it just not playable yet? I saw FARC was playable. Same with Libyan Republic. And Al Shabab.
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

To expand on the last post, shouldn't FARC be funded by Venezuela? There have been many a Colombian getting mad at Venezuela for many reasons, including the supposed funding of FARC, and let's not forget how Venezuela wants to do what they can to be a pain in the ass to any western allied country.
-Leon Trotsky

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”