Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tofofnts
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.8b ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote:
tofofnts wrote:Why is northern mariana so rich?
If your using 0.8b My guess would be the U.S. has been gifting them cash.. I did a small amount of Staging to add in a few of the things I would have added via events if event 37 wasn't bugged. Among those is I turned on the U.S. and Russias Diplo minister to support Allies and Increase influence. Although the extra staging process may be causing stability issues So I may leave it out of 0.81 (primarily I put it in to give everyone a small taste of what it will be like once they fix event 37)

You should also notice Iran actively working on its nuke program and Dem rep Congo builds a few more mil fabs. :wink:
I am actually playing 0.78ish I'm actually going to download 0.8b right now
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
tofofnts wrote:Why is northern mariana so rich?
If your using 0.8b My guess would be the U.S. has been gifting them cash.. I did a small amount of Staging to add in a few of the things I would have added via events if event 37 wasn't bugged. Among those is I turned on the U.S. and Russias Diplo minister to support Allies and Increase influence. Although the extra staging process may be causing stability issues So I may leave it out of 0.81 (primarily I put it in to give everyone a small taste of what it will be like once they fix event 37)

You should also notice Iran actively working on its nuke program and Dem rep Congo builds a few more mil fabs. :wink:
I am actually playing 0.78ish I'm actually going to download 0.8b right now
No idea then.. I would have to look back at what I was messing with at the time. I know I put in a few things to help out smaller nations a few updates back. Could be that, or other AI nations are gifting them stuff, or any other number of things. If they start with that money then its an error on my part.. if they accumulate money (or go bankrupt) its most likely due to the AI until BG fixes event number 37 at which point I'll be able to prod the nations into concentrating on what I think they should.

At that point it becomes harder to tell if its what I told them to concentrate on or the fact that they are concentrating on it that's causing those type of issues.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Anyone running into more crashes Running 0.8b? Number47 reported he was, but since the base game has its own crashing problems it could be a fluke. Need to know cause i'm redoing the cache today so if its a widespread problem I'll leave out the extra staging that added a few AI minster priorites.

The events for 0.81 will all be after cache (put in mw1.csv) so I haven't started on them yet.. just cleaning up some files and recaching before I start adding events.

Edit: Also a reminder. If you have some sort of specific future event you would like to see added Feel free to post it in my forums there is a specific thread for 0.81 suggestions. Although I still see a lack of people using my forums so.. not sure what to do about that. Maybe there is far less interest in my mods than I had come to believe.

Edit: Released 0.8c
Cleaned up some files, and recached. Hopefully fixed the stability issues some people had with 0.8b. Did not remove the extra staging step, however initial tests showed none of the issues I saw in 0.8b . Let me know either way so I can either remove the added staging in 0.81 or leave it depending. 0.8b might have just been a bad cache.
NikosGreece
Sergeant

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.8c ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by NikosGreece »

I don't know if i missed something,didn't install good or what,but it still shows me that Serbia has a mutual defence treaty with Hungary,so just wanted to ask have you forgot to fix that or did i just fail to install it correctly...?
Greece and Serbia forever!!!
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.8c ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by Fistalis »

NikosGreece wrote:I don't know if i missed something,didn't install good or what,but it still shows me that Serbia has a mutual defence treaty with Hungary,so just wanted to ask have you forgot to fix that or did i just fail to install it correctly...?
Good question.. I'll check. :wink: (some relations got messed up when I cleaned up the files as well so i'm working on fixing those while I'm adding events)
Also I didn't get around to all the Relations fixes you had suggest in 0.8c. Think i did romania and maybe a few others. (c was mainly to fix stablity issues people were reporting)

Edit: Its still there. Ill remove it right now. Via a starting event then search the cache files and find the culprit thats doing it when I make the next cache :wink:

Edit 2: Okay its done, you should see it removed in the next version.
tofofnts
Captain

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.8d ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by tofofnts »

Would it be possible for you to add new rebel factions (like maybe the lord's resistance army http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army)
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:Would it be possible for you to add new rebel factions (like maybe the lord's resistance army http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army)
Yes its possible. However 0.81 will concentrate on events, and I won't be doing a new cache for it. No one has voted in the 0.82 poll so who knows about that. :wink:

The main question when adding rebel factions is What land do they control?
If its None.. then they won't be playable but can be added in more of an event fashion. (but still require a new cache, this is my current plan for the caucus emirate)
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Image Italy's economy isn't that bad, I mean there richer than the USA :lol: , also in the same game russia has conquered a ton of east europe (again) and has declared war on germany (again)
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote: Italy's economy isn't that bad, I mean there richer than the USA :lol: , also in the same game russia has conquered a ton of east europe (again) and has declared war on germany (again)
Huh? I'm not seeing what your trying to point out.

As far as the wars.. ya playing on higher volatility makes all kinds of wars. Usually russia invades europe, china makes a power grab in Asia and All hell breaks loose in the middle east. (I've been testing on very high volatility as well as my usual normal volatility :wink: )
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Haven't downloaded the newest version yet, but I was wondering how the tensions are between the US and Iran with the stuff that has been happening recently with the Strait of Hormuz, and Iran's "Threats" :D
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

NRose97 wrote:Haven't downloaded the newest version yet, but I was wondering how the tensions are between the US and Iran with the stuff that has been happening recently with the Strait of Hormuz, and Iran's "Threats" :D
Tensions between the 2 have been high from the start of this mod so I haven't messed with them, not that I shouldn't but been busy fixing other issues. Its easy for me to fall into a U.S. centric point of view and forget about other relations etc, so I've been purposely working on other countries.
Last edited by Fistalis on Jan 25 2012, edited 1 time in total.
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Fistalis wrote:
NRose97 wrote:Haven't downloaded the newest version yet, but I was wondering how the tensions are between the US and Iran with the stuff that has been happening recently with the Strait of Hormuz, and Iran's "Threats" :D
Tensions between the 2 have been high from the start of this mod so I haven't messed with them, not that I shouldn't but been busy fixing other issues.
Okay, thanks was just asking because I wasn't able to go check for myself :P Not on my home PC
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

Fistalis wrote: As far as the wars.. ya playing on higher volatility makes all kinds of wars. Usually russia invades europe, china makes a power grab in Asia and All hell breaks loose in the middle east. (I've been testing on very high volatility as well as my usual normal volatility :wink: )
Yup i love your mod especially because of how WWIII breaks out, russia has taken over the baltic states (except for a bit of estonia) and almost all of poland. It has also taken over slovakia, half of the czech republic and georgia. It is at war with germany, estonia, taiwan, poland hungary and czech republic. Meanwhile china is at war with south korea, mongolia, malaysia, the philippines and taiwan.
Germany is at war with Luxembourg and Russia, Turkey is at war with Greece and Armenia (Armenia is doing amazingly in that war thanks to Russia)

I also have a question, I gave FARC some troops but they don't seem to be using them, why is this?
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:
I also have a question, I gave FARC some troops but they don't seem to be using them, why is this?
On Some military difficulty settings nations recieve units damaged and must repair them when they are gifted units. Either they haven't repaired them yet or they don't have the military goods to repair them. The longer the building times the longer it takes to repair them. So giving them tanks etc.. it may take a month or so before they get them on the battlefield depending on if they have the military goods needed of course.
fobboy
Sergeant

Post by fobboy »

I haven't played the new version for that long, but I was wondering if the "snowballing" effect was evident. At the beginning, many wars might be declared, but I noticed in previous versions that the longer you play, the less new wars are being declared.

Also, does this version have more aggressive African or South american nations? We all talk about how Russia and China are aggressive and Europe and US would counter them...but nobody mentions Africa or South America, probably because they didn't do anything in previous versions.

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”