Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

sparky282
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.79b ( Supreme ruler cold war MO

Post by sparky282 »

download link seems to be down at the mo?
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

Just thought I'd mention that Canada currently has a mutual defence pact with South Korea, since the time of the Korean War.

(The war hasn't officially ended, it's just a ceasefire agreement)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

sparky282 wrote:download link seems to be down at the mo?
Seems fine from my end.
NRose97 wrote:Just thought I'd mention that Canada currently has a mutual defence pact with South Korea, since the time of the Korean War.

(The war hasn't officially ended, it's just a ceasefire agreement)
Actually canada sent troops as part of a U.N. Force not due to an agreement with south korea. Yes its technically a ceasefire but the game really doesn't differentiate between the 2 and i've seen bugs pop up when using ceasefires so I don't use them.

Full diplomatic relations between canada and south korea didn't even happen til 10 years after the korean war, and I have found no agreement in which Canada and SK have agreed to mutual defense. If you locate the document feel free to share it. (But i'm pretty sure it doesn't exist :wink: )
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
sparky282
Colonel

Post by sparky282 »

Fistalis wrote:
sparky282 wrote:download link seems to be down at the mo?
Seems fine from my end.

sorry all is well forgot about peerblock :lol:
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Almost certain that there is no MDT between Canada and South Korea however what about the military alliance between Australia, New Zealand and America!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:Almost certain that there is no MDT between Canada and South Korea however what about the military alliance between Australia, New Zealand and America!
To my knowledge the U.S. suspended any treaty obligations with New Zealand when New Zealand refused to allow U.S. Nuclear ships into their ports. Relations have since resumed but only military cooperation and not a full fledged MDT has been announced since. Been awhile since I researched that one though. Australia and the U.S. have an alliance in game.
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZUS

Yeah they did, however things have since cooled off and both nations are looking to repair past issues. To this effect they have resumed military cooperation!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

domcoppinger wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZUS

Yeah they did, however things have since cooled off and both nations are looking to repair past issues. To this effect they have resumed military cooperation!
Yes.. but treaty obligations to new Zealand are still suspended. ANZUS is considered a bi lateral arrangement at this point. Their relations start off well enough that it shouldn't take much to sign one. But given the current stance on it I'm not adding it to start. If/when the U.S removes the suspension of treaty obligations concerning New Zealand and ANZUS I'll add it.:wink:
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Fistalis wrote:Yes.. but treaty obligations to new Zealand are still suspended. ANZUS is considered a bi lateral arrangement at this point. Their relations start off well enough that it shouldn't take much to sign one. But given the current stance on it I'm not adding it to start. If/when the U.S removes the suspension of treaty obligations concerning New Zealand and ANZUS I'll add it.:wink:
Fair enough! You have convinced me!
Much Thanks

Number 46-48
mr.playa
Lieutenant

Post by mr.playa »

any chance for an update tomorrow ??
NRose97
Lieutenant

Post by NRose97 »

I think I was wrong about Canada having a direct mutual defence treaty, but I have come across this:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le1815621/
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

NRose97 wrote:I think I was wrong about Canada having a direct mutual defence treaty, but I have come across this:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le1815621/
Nice find, I'll have to look at the continued obligations of the U.N. force. Chances are its a voluntary force though. :wink: (I do wish BG would finish the U.N and add some of stuff like resolutions authorizing force etc, since chances are a multilateral force of the willing would be called up using the 50 year old resolution in the event of a crisis on the korean peninsula)
LeonTrotsky
Colonel

Post by LeonTrotsky »

Yeah. I hope they make it so the UN does more. Like when your approval drops so low and you are kicked out the UN can pass a resolution to dispose of you and hold free elections or something of the sort. I hope they improve it so it's more like today's UN. I hope that they improve it so you actually worry not only about UN rating but the world's approval of you to an extent. Unless you have a massive military and contribute a ton to the UN (in the case of the US). I think it would be pretty cool to see after I annex the balkins as Albania to see a UN lead force attempt to restore those countries and put me in my place (unfortunately for them they would lose).
"If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many more mistakes."
-Leon Trotsky
PyongYang
Colonel

Post by PyongYang »

This looks SPLENDID. I assume it's like starting now with the worldin it's real state?
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

PyongYang wrote:This looks SPLENDID. I assume it's like starting now with the worldin it's real state?
Its getting there. It certainly needs some more tweaks and work put in, but its come a long way since Version 0.1

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”