Modern World Scenario v0.84a ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD )

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.78e ( Supreme ruler cold war MO

Post by Fistalis »

BTW fobboy what settings are you playing on? These effect not just the player but the AI as well.
The only time I see large nations go broke is when they are involved in more wars than they can afford. Either directly or via proxy. Sounds like russia is helping china in all their wars and driving themselves into debt doing so.

Very high volatility does a pretty decent job of snowballing in my testing. (if all hell breaking loose is what your looking for) But also results in nations going bankrupt to finance all the wars. (this is the only time i see russia having problems, due to china declaring war on anyone and everyone and russia having an alliance with china so russia goes into a full war stance)

You also have to remember that due to the new proxy system there is in many cases no reason for a country to declare war.
For example if China declares war on south korea.. the U.S. doesn't need to declare war since they are allies it can take part in the war as a proxy. This reduces the snowball effect you would see in 2020. In 2020 if china declared war on korea, the U.S. would have to declare in response, which would give C.B to chinas allies. Who would then declare war on the U.S. and that would give CB to the U.S. allies etc. But the proxy system stops it at the first DOW since the U.S. doesn't need to declare war. So it would require a set of scripted events to get the same effect in CW. With the down side of it happening the same way everytime.

Very high volatility does a decent job of doing something similar.. but its due to the AI being crazy war mongering and DOW at the drop of a pin rather than to the snowball effect.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.79 ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by Fistalis »

0.79 released
I'll concentrate on whatever the poll determines for 0.80

** v0.79 changelog** 12-31-11
  • Tourist Attractions added to the following cities to help small tourism based economies.
    • Antigua
    • anguilla
    • St kitts
    • Roseau
    • Castries
    • St vincent
    • Koror
    Note: these small nations still go broke but it helps a little.
  • Hong Kong is now a Colony of china to reflect its SAR status
  • Consumer small added to Lemesos
  • Russia now concentrates on Paying off its debt at the start of the game(They can still drive themselves broke but it should happen with less frequency)
  • U.S. no longer reduces its military so much to make paying off its debt quicker.(takes longer to pay off the debt but they should stay a bit more active militarily)
  • Added T-129 Atak Heli
  • Minor relations modifications
  • Replaced Kim Jong-il with Kim Jong-un
  • Updated Spains leader..
  • Tweaked the cost of a few units
  • Changed the Model for the M-95 degman
Few notes.
Russia concentrates on its fiscal viability for the first year. I haven't tested to see if they pay down their debt enough in that year so they don't go totally broke when they stop.(actually testing it now ) So i may need to increase the duration. However.. they will still run themselves into the red rather fast if many wars break out. Wars cost money and russia likes to mobilize its whole force. Which is way to much for it to afford. The U.S. has problems as well in those scenarios. (very high volatility for example) Not much can be done about this since the AI is programmed to consider war > a balanced budget.

The U.S. concentrates on paying its debt off for the first 2 years and they seem to do okay after that, however I've reduced the time they spend reducing military spending to the first year (it was the full 2 years)so we'll have to see how it goes.

If you don't like nations going broke because of mismanagement I suggest setting Starting funds on high and Economic difficulty on very easy. :wink: (I personally prefer the realistic nature of nations overextending them selves financially with too much military action) There is also a one line edit in the scenario file you can do to turn off starting debt as well.

At the bottom of the scenario file there is this line.

Code: Select all

debtfree:        0
Put a 1 in place of the 0 to turn starting debt off. :wink:
I'm looking into other ways I can get the AI to reduce its spending or increase its income.

Iran and China now concentrate more on military growth. We'll have to see if it causes a problem for them in the future and if so I'll assign an event to turn it off around the time they start going broke from it.

The small tourism based nations still go broke. I'll look into tweaking other things to try to make them at least sustain a positive balance when being played by the AI.
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.79a ( Supreme ruler cold war MO

Post by Fistalis »

0.79a released last update this year.

** v0.79a changelog**
12-31-11 Last update of 2011 :wink:
  • Russia now Builds its economy and works hard on paying off its debt the first year, note russia will max out its debt to build new production facilities then pay it off once the money is rolling in. :wink:
  • Most NATO nations follow an austerity plan the first year (need to tweak this a bit more so they concentrate on paying off their debts like russia and the U.S. does)
  • Note this may have an effect on NATO and Russias battle readiness. But Its not my fault they are cutting defense spending. :lol:
  • Some nations which can afford it now actively build up their military more
  • You may see more offers for Russia/Nato nations to sell you their old units :wink:
I may need to increase the times that they are in "austerity" mode let me know. Also worth noting is right now the "Austerity" programs are limited mainly to raising taxes and reducing military spending, I can and will if need be also reduce social spending.
(if anyone knows of a country thats actively building up its forces or cutting defense spending let me know I'll add the proper event for them to do so)
Still lots more events I want to put in but it'll have to wait til next year. AKA [_]B Help me improve it.
Events I want to add: China build more military production factilities overtaking RU and maybe even U.S. as top military production
Iran increase military production.
etc you get the idea.
[*]Now i'm gonna crack open that bottle for a drink :D
number47
General

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.79 ( Supreme ruler cold war MOD

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
[*]Changed the Model for the M-95 degman[/list]
Even though this still hasn't happened (It still looks like M1 Abrams :lol: ) I want to buy you a drink for all the work you have done! :wink:

Happy New 2012!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
asierus
Sergeant

Post by asierus »

first happy new year all :)

i found a bug when i tried to play as spain when i start the game i start as cape verde, and starting as cape verde make you start as togo (maybe there are more countries affected) , maybe some country id error or something over there, i tried reinstalling and same issue. (all this with the latest version fo the game and the mod)

anyway thanks for the mod again :)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

number47 wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
[*]Changed the Model for the M-95 degman[/list]
Even though this still hasn't happened (It still looks like M1 Abrams :lol: ) I want to buy you a drink for all the work you have done! :wink:

Happy New 2012!!!
I changed it.. not sure why the model doesn't reflect it. Actually I see what the problem is.. should be fixed with the next update soon as I fix the below issue I'll post an update.
asierus wrote:first happy new year all :)

i found a bug when i tried to play as spain when i start the game i start as cape verde, and starting as cape verde make you start as togo (maybe there are more countries affected) , maybe some country id error or something over there, i tried reinstalling and same issue. (all this with the latest version fo the game and the mod)

anyway thanks for the mod again :)
Looking in to it. Soon as i track down the problem and fix it I'll post an update. I actually ran into this issue early yesterday with a different nation and thought I had fixed it.. but i guess I just moved it to another nation. :oops:
Last edited by Fistalis on Jan 01 2012, edited 2 times in total.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Relations edited. Good job Fistalis!!!
Fistalis
General

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.79b ( Supreme ruler cold war MO

Post by Fistalis »

** v0.79b changelog**
1-1-12
  • Fixed an issue With Country selection
  • Fixed the M-95 model
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Fistalis wrote:
** v0.79b changelog**
1-1-12
  • Fixed an issue With Country selection
  • Fixed the M-95 model
You're "THE MAN" :wink: :D :D :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Amonferrari
Warrant Officer

Post by Amonferrari »

Good Afternoon!

I am another who tried to recache your mod. You see, I often do that while playing, in order to remove military fabrication and play with no units. Its a thing that I have that makes me enjoy exploring the economic model of the game. So far I have done it with the regular srcw game and playtested it thru 2011, to see if there was any big differences with the way the world turned out in terms of demographics and economy.

I woul like to know if you could release a no unit fabrication mod, based on your mod. Just a version with the fabs removed from the defauld.units...

If not possible, thanks anyway for the attention, congrats for the grat mod!

Alexandre
"x" - Amonferrari - (Most common saying in SR2020 chatrooms...)

"SR2020 Location: X:582 Y:528 , just in case you want a Nuclear revenge..."
tofofnts
Captain

Post by tofofnts »

If it took you 6 seconds to change the relations between 2 countries it would take over 66 hours to change the relations for 200 countries, so don't worry about relations too much.
"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
-Oscar Wilde
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

tofofnts wrote:If it took you 6 seconds to change the relations between 2 countries it would take over 66 hours to change the relations for 200 countries, so don't worry about relations too much.
:lol:
Depends on the countries. If i know the ID of both countries by heart then it can take 5-10 seconds between searching for the ID changing the number and repeating for the second country.

If i don't I have to search the .CVP for the correct entry.. do the same for the second country then I can change them.(extra 20 secs to a few minutes depeding on if the nation has multiple entries...)

Thats ignoring the fact that relations aren't an exact science. Increasing relations between the U.S. and mexico by 0.5 may have different results from changing the relations of the U.S. and Cuba by 0.5

Edit: P.S.
number47 I KNEW there was a reason I wanted to visit europe.. and you just supplied an illustration of why.
Not only is she hot.. shes carrying ALMOST enough beer for me. (the barmaid outfit is a + as well)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr.playa
Lieutenant

Re: Modern World Scenario v0.78e ( Supreme ruler cold war MO

Post by mr.playa »

mr.playa wrote:ok
p.s:pls don't forget about the relations between syria and algeria , iraq, Lebanon
thank you
hi

have you improved these relations in this update ?
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

hey i noticed that the missle fabrication dont work for russia i cannot get the missles to start buildong they just stay in the q
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

TheCyab6a wrote:hey i noticed that the missle fabrication dont work for russia i cannot get the missles to start buildong they just stay in the q
Your minister probably has the production filled up. Turn off Auto build and clear out the production first. The minister can queue hundreds of missiles up during the staging process.. if you want to manually control them just clear out whats being produced first. :wink:

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”