Those of you who've been around for a while know that I don't usually talk about updates and features before they are released, but we are really close to completing the next SRU update. I've gotten to test most of the features I'm discussing today so I'm willing to trust that all these features will make it through final testing. I know many of you are eager to know more about our new project, but that's not what I'll be talking about today.
I also wanted to take a moment to talk about the studio. Last month we moved into a new studio, larger than our previous one. We've also got a few more people than last year. All of this should allow us to still provide ongoing support for the existing games even if much of our resources are focused on the new project. Thanks to the extra resources, I can confirm that we will have at least two updates this summer. And I believe the changes in this first update will be very exciting for our multiplayer fans!
June Update Features
A large amount of testing and code work have gone into the multiplayer side of the game.
- Improved Multiplayer Stability in lobby and in game
- File Transfer of Savegames to clients from host
- Lag notification in lobby and in game to identify the "weak links".
- Host Migration when the host disconnects so others can play on
We continue to play our own game and reevaluate some of the design elements that we see. To that end, there are some changes to the game coming.
- Minimap Filters totally redesigned
- Chat Popup layout updated to support Multiplayer improvements
- Diplomacy popup list of units in reserve can now be sorted by location instead of by unit type
- Right clicking on land loyal to a dead region shows the flag. Double click to make selected and interact with the dead region.
As always, we have made some small changes in the game content.
- Minor fixes and additions to various data files
- Leader updates for modern maps
- Road events for 1914 maps (as used already in Brinkmanship)
We want to help the creators in our community to generate new content for everyone to enjoy
- Totally redesigned Scenario Creator V2. Design new Scenarios new or existing region data, region lists and map files
- Updated map editor procedural generation now supports assigning regions and placement of simple facility sets and transportation layer