Feedback on Great War 10.1.76 patch

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Feedback on Great War 10.1.76 patch

Post by mrgenie »

First impressions:

- AI seems to be smarter deploying the units
- units getting stuck, didn't yet happen
- naval is finally something I can call smart
- espionage, working great at first glance

These are my personal 4 highlights among the many improvements!

Great job!

It's amazing how battlegoat keeps improving this game! Many thanks for the best tactical war-game that's out there.

Also I'm very happy with the fact we can now fix the infrastructure on the map!
I have 1 more addition/request though: can you also add the option for us to do this within our colonies?

Also, I have a military production INSIDE one of my colonies. I would love to get rid of it, don't need it
and give the land to my colony. Any way this is possible without releasing the nation as a whole?

and another one about colonies. Would it be possible to tell a colonial minister for example that he is NOT
allowed to build anything himself. Only if I the Lord place something. (like a switch as with many minister options to switch auto-build on/off for the colony)
and another switch where the colony can use industrial, military from my stock, or is that already happening right now?

For instance in Africa I from time to time send just troops to my colony. Hand them over to them. Let them do the protection of their country alone without
me taking care of it. But sometimes they seem to run dry on military and I must give them manually the mil goods for them to be able to fight off,
for instance english troops. So a switch to enable/disable automatic distribution per colony of various goods would be something that could help me out.

Yes I know I keep asking for "more" :) This game is just too great to stop developing it further
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
SGTscuba
General

Re: Feedback on Great War 10.1.76 patch

Post by SGTscuba »

I haven't yet had chance to play the patch, whats changed with the Naval AI?

I assume I don't need to restart my save for the AI changes to take effect though?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

SGTscuba wrote: Aug 06 2018 I haven't yet had chance to play the patch, whats changed with the Naval AI?

I assume I don't need to restart my save for the AI changes to take effect though?
Well meanwhile I found some single units getting stuck. But much less, at least noticeable less as before.

And only merchant marine. Normal naval vessels haven't seen them getting stuck anymore.

What was changed. Well the AI using the ships more rational. Like using the battleships to bombard coastal simultaneously with my
advancing land units. Thus clearing the path.

Not sending slow ships to places far away where merchants were under attack but using the slow heavy ones more defensive and the fast ones more
as covering other ships.

Hard to describe, but generally the use of navy ships is just more rational. Before it was more or less: just sending in something..
and usually before they got there, it was too late already anyway. Which also means, more naval fights on the ocean!

Because the opponent now also send his ships more rational it means they more "meet" each other and fight..

meaning the losses are also higher for all parties.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

mrgenie wrote: Aug 06 2018 It's amazing how battlegoat keeps improving this game! Many thanks for the best tactical war-game that's out there.
Best way to thank us is leave us a Steam review!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

mrgenie wrote: Aug 06 2018
SGTscuba wrote: Aug 06 2018 I haven't yet had chance to play the patch, whats changed with the Naval AI?

Well meanwhile I found some single units getting stuck. But much less, at least noticeable less as before.

And only merchant marine. Normal naval vessels haven't seen them getting stuck anymore.

What was changed. Well the AI using the ships more rational. Like using the battleships to bombard coastal simultaneously with my
advancing land units. Thus clearing the path.

Not sending slow ships to places far away where merchants were under attack but using the slow heavy ones more defensive and the fast ones more
as covering other ships.

Hard to describe, but generally the use of navy ships is just more rational. Before it was more or less: just sending in something..
and usually before they got there, it was too late already anyway. Which also means, more naval fights on the ocean!

Because the opponent now also send his ships more rational it means they more "meet" each other and fight..

meaning the losses are also higher for all parties.
I like. The AI "Disposing" of more ships will lead to less unit spam and probably help the AI cycle out older units for new ones whilst not breaking their economy.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

AI has become surprisingly more effective at naval invasions for sure. Me like. :)
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Uriens wrote: Aug 06 2018 AI has become surprisingly more effective at naval invasions for sure. Me like. :)
Yep! Freaked me out totally. I got used to play Germany and simply conquer all of Europe moving all my units to the front.. Worked every time!

Now all of the sudden i have the British invade me using the ports at the Baltic and before I noticed half of Germany conquered by the British!

gotta play smarter now to beat the AI.

Also the French usually I could conquer them.. well.. ehmm, manually without losing 1 single unit!

Now, I used the same tactics trying to conquer paris and the =)U¤=)(¤=)(¤ AI kept moving forward, and pulling back, forward and pulling back these damn artillery!!!!
And you can't take them out as easy as before because the other units he keeps pushing forward in front of the arty and if you think you finally got through them,
he pulls back the arty and moves in front a few units to take the punch..

cost me 450 units before I could capture Paris, using tactics that cost me 0 units before!

But ok, I'm human, I'll figure out something new to keep my losses low :)
Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Post by Zuikaku »

Havent tried the game yet, trying to synch the mod first. But if true, this was worth waiting for. Fantastic news indeed. Cheers to the BGs and let's hope they've got more surprises in the basket :-)
Please teach AI everything!

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”