Another nyoob question - thinking of buying

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Tiresias
Corporal
Human: Yes

Another nyoob question - thinking of buying

Post by Tiresias »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that this has basically been covered elsewhere on the forum but having looked at the forum I can't quite get my head around the answer, so was wondering if someone could confirm.

I'm thinking of buying this game and love the look of both SRU and the Great War DLC. I particularly like the idea of starting in 1914 as any country and seeing what happens as I work my way through to the modern era. But could someone please just clarify for me:

1.) If I start in 1914, how likely is it that key events from later in the 20th century - for example, the rise of Fascism/Naziism in the 1930s - will occur? Is the fate of the world inevitably distorted beyond recognition by the time the player is a couple of decades in due to the Butterfly Effect?

2.) Since SRGW has clearly been released as a DLC post hoc, after the game itself came out, will history play out differently depending on if you start in 1914 from within SRGW or from within SRU? Or are the two games basically the same played from this starting point?

Thanks for any help you can offer. Either way, I strongly suspect I'll be getting my teeth into it in earnest this weekend!
SGTscuba
General

Re: Another nyoob question - thinking of buying

Post by SGTscuba »

Tiresias wrote: Jun 01 2018 Hi everyone,

I'm sure that this has basically been covered elsewhere on the forum but having looked at the forum I can't quite get my head around the answer, so was wondering if someone could confirm.

I'm thinking of buying this game and love the look of both SRU and the Great War DLC. I particularly like the idea of starting in 1914 as any country and seeing what happens as I work my way through to the modern era. But could someone please just clarify for me:

1.) If I start in 1914, how likely is it that key events from later in the 20th century - for example, the rise of Fascism/Naziism in the 1930s - will occur? Is the fate of the world inevitably distorted beyond recognition by the time the player is a couple of decades in due to the Butterfly Effect?Unless something has changed in the last patch, the 1914 start does not have events to trigger WW2 or beyond.

2.) Since SRGW has clearly been released as a DLC post hoc, after the game itself came out, will history play out differently depending on if you start in 1914 from within SRGW or from within SRU? Or are the two games basically the same played from this starting point?
They are the same scenario AFAIK

Thanks for any help you can offer. Either way, I strongly suspect I'll be getting my teeth into it in earnest this weekend!
In red
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Tiresias
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Another nyoob question - thinking of buying

Post by Tiresias »

OK, that's really helpful. Thanks for the reply.

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”