few ideas

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

czert
Captain
Human: Yes

few ideas

Post by czert »

after long time i decidet to try new game in sr series, only to find it still have some long standing problems
1. unit buil, ai is still building new units as long it can, evenfor over 30 years in row, resulting in slower and slower game in time
real game example, at start of new game turn at fastest speed was cca 1-2s, afer 40 years over 15s, and after i deafeated canada + us, it got back to 2s
2. unit composition, ai is keeping old units no matter what, it is realy strange to see ww1 era units mixed with early jets, and human have no way to scrap obole te units, unless doing one by one which is extremlx pita
3.give us ability ti liberate allready eliminitated region
4. make ai ACTIVE in repairing damaged/finishing inxoplete buikdings, it is not funny to see ai, after i decided to liberate instead of annexing defeated region, only to he is not repairing damaged building, with majority of his industryin ruins,......and imaked sure he have enough money/resources to complete it, even send him some for free.
5. to lessen previous problem mayby implement that damaged building will repair itself by say 1% per month, completly for free, and same for unfinished buikdings (ai only)
Can you beat me ?http://czert1938.mybrute.com

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
Anthropoid
Colonel

Re: few ideas

Post by Anthropoid »

Agree on all five.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

#3 - you can liberate a dead region if you own their territory.

#4/5 - discussed elsewhere

#1/2 - something that gets ongoing consideration. Might dig up the docs related to #2 in the coming weeks. Noted.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

I noticed that there is new defence minister setting - arms race. It seems to make minister scrap your older units and for each unit scrapped it orders a newest unit of that type. It happens independently of your other settings so even if you locked minister out of everything else and locked your units from minister it will still scrap your older units and order a production for new ones.
This mechanics seems to work fine and it may be used to solved issue 1 and 2 if AI region would use 'arms race' while region is on defcon 5. Its not a good idea to use this during war or during preparation of war but during peace time it will both keep AI from building new units constantly (it uses factory production to replace old units) and it will keep army up to date with newest research.
Anthropoid
Colonel

Post by Anthropoid »

Balthagor wrote: Mar 05 2018 #3 - you can liberate a dead region if you own their territory.
In SRU, or only SRGW? Might have to go ahead and buy that . . . it is effectively a DLC install eh, not like a whole new directory / new .exe install? Meaning: I get to keep all the existing scenarios/campaigns/functionalities of SRU but with scenarios/campaigns/functionalities that extend back to 1914 added to the cocktail?

So assuming it does exist in SRU, anyone can recall roughly where to look for the buttons?
Balthagor wrote: Mar 05 2018 #4/5 - discussed elsewhere
Links!? :P
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

There should not be any engine differences between SRGW and SRU. The main difference is in the new starting dates.
Also SRGW is both a stand alone and a DLC for SRU that are bundled when you buy it.

Also I tend to agree that the AI ending up with a devastated country, endless manufacturing of units and general inability to modernise its military is problematic.
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

well, how ti liberate nation anexed by ai and after i anexed mentioned ai ? cant find it.

6.greatly increase range of supply range of supply depot, now it not much usefull, to create reliable suply network acros chinese dessert you need a lot of them, and of course realy extensive railroadnetwork, which is not ideal.

7.add more techs which reduce upkeep of railroad and road, when manualy build to keep units in suply, especiali in africa/china/russia/south america upkeep is realy killing budget.

8. add replacing/auto upgrading of obsolete building by more modern ones - nice example is old radar site vs modern one or early synth vs normal one. it is realy pita to scrap old ones and buld new ones, especialy radar sites.
a nd when we are at it, some mechanick for e.q upgrading of airfield to airbase will be nice too.

9.add some relative easy wayhow to switch nation during singleplayer game, simply to fix greatest faults/fails of ai. it it not funny tosee australia despite many free techs from me in 50s to keep strugling to develop 39s units.

Want help to develop/play mod for one of best games ever ? Try this. http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/board/ub ... =cfrm&c=11
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

czert wrote: Mar 08 2018 well, how ti liberate nation anexed by ai and after i anexed mentioned ai ? cant find it.
You can't take actions for the AI. If you want to liberate something, you need to own it.

I'm going to stop there, you're getting too many topics in one thread, I'll never be able to keep up with it all.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

Balthagor wrote: Mar 08 2018
czert wrote: Mar 08 2018 well, how ti liberate nation anexed by ai and after i anexed mentioned ai ? cant find it.
You can't take actions for the AI. If you want to liberate something, you need to own it.

I'm going to stop there, you're getting too many topics in one thread, I'll never be able to keep up with it all.
well, i know that i need own teritory to be able to relase, problem is that ai german anexed france, uk, italy and i later anexed germany and cant find a way to relase uk or other states.

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you find territory loyal to UK so you can see their flag, double click the flag then go to state, you'll have that region selected. IIRC you can do the same from the region atlas (hotkey <A>) and view the dead regions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
czert
Captain

Post by czert »

10. make out off supply units problem solvable, eighter by implementing that they get fixed minimal supply nomatter where they are, enabling them to crawl to destination in time, or make that they lose strenght over time when out of spply, not funny to see unit out of supply siting at same place for over 10 years without any effects.

11. make sure that ai will buil new buildings to make sure they are self suficient in some areas, yes i mean especialy electricity, indzstrial and consumer gods are smaller concern, but it need to be looked at too. resorces are out of question, ai simply dont build them, which is very bad for any long term game against ai.

it is realy great shame to see that majors problems which plagued 2020 are srill here, many years and games later.

12. greatly improve- minimaly double, but more likely triple power output of nuclear powerplants, now they are pointles to build, they are vaaaaay more expensive to build and run than coal plants, and yet only produce douple power. not to say they consume way more rare uranium than coal.

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”