Insider Build - Dec 2017

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Insider Build - Dec 2017

Post by Balthagor »

Good evening,

We'd like to thank everyone that's supported Supreme Ruler The Great War. We've been very pleased with the community response and it has encouraged us to continue working on updates. We had hoped to do the next update before the end of the year, but it seems that won't happen.

We would however like to give everyone a little something to hold them over until the next update. Users can now go into Steam, right click the game in the list, view properties and find a beta tab. An insider build can be selected from the pull down list. This will give you access to what we're currently working on - a new sandbox for SRGW, a fictional 1914 sandbox.

Since I don't have the opening message working yet, here's the description;
Franz Joseph died 3 months ago and Franz Ferdinand has become Emperor. As such, the events at Sarajevo never happened.

Ferdinand took the throne with some very clear ideas in mind. Determined to avoid war with Russia and concerned about the impact of Serb, Bosnian and Croat resistance, he enacted a radical solution. Serbia and Montenegro were granted their disputed territories and a colony of Croatia was created to grant the Slavs a degree of self determination, or at least the appearance of such. Specifically favoring the Croats over the Bosnians, Ferdinand hopes that internal tensions can avoid anti-colonial sentiments in the territory while still providing economic advantage to Austria-Hungary.

These actions have created a notable shift in power. Germany is furious at its former ally but has no justification to act. Romania is angry that their territorial claims continue to be ignored. France and Great Britain support Austro-Hungarian efforts to maintain the peace. Germany, still concerned about the growing Russian power, now looks for new allies. Italy is envious of Austrian power and continues to eye the Albanian territories while dealing with unrest in Africa.
We hope to have this sandbox and an update to the game engine ready by early January.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Insider Build - Dec 2017

Post by GIJoe597 »

Thank you. Take the time needed to get it right. Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

that does sound really interesting. A question though, will the construction bug get fixed in this update?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We don't announce contents of an update before the update is ready.

If there is a bug you're concerned about, find the thread about it and bump it (or start a thread if none exists).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
draaimolen
Lieutenant

Post by draaimolen »

Balthagor wrote:We don't announce contents of an update before the update is ready.

If there is a bug you're concerned about, find the thread about it and bump it (or start a thread if none exists).
I made the thread a little while ago, I just bumped it ;)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Good morning,

Just wondering, anyone played some of Brinkmanship yet? Any thoughts on the sandbox so far?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

Just tried it for a couple hours as Switzerland and saw no difference from regular scenario.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I'm honestly thrilled to see SR development continues and never stops!

THE biggest critic I have to other games is they keep reinventing the wheel time after time making the same mistakes and bugs
over again without actually getting any further in game tactics, mechanics and development.

My other major game I loved from the beginning was civilization for it's strategic development of the nation.
Civ1 great, civ2 great, civ3 I expected them to get something more out of it this time, civ4 I expected them to move further a lot more
and although the game is great it's very close to civ1 still from the time and development level, civ 5 just some things different from 4
but not like you could see any advance in complexity and "status - finished" to the game, civ 6 just more disappointments.

Why? because every version is nothing really added or developed any further. It's like
33% stick the same, 33% change and 33% new.

That's not how you proceed really, that's how you keep selling the same game with the same status of development with all the bugs
over again and never get anywhere near a finishing product.

BG has a complete different path. 100% stick to the game, add new stuff gradually and keep fixing everything and make it better.

I prefer the BG and I hope people keep buying their game. From tactical warfare point of view, NOTHING on this planet except real war
between real countries, comes even close to have advanced their game has been developed over the years.

No game is ever finished, perfect, done. But they keep doing their best to get there!

Thank you BG!
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:Just tried it for a couple hours as Switzerland and saw no difference from regular scenario.
You sure you started the right one? For starters, the wars between the central powers and entente powers don't happen...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Balthagor wrote:Good morning,

Just wondering, anyone played some of Brinkmanship yet? Any thoughts on the sandbox so far?
I had taken a brief look and I honestly like the scenario from what I've seen. I didn't play it much, primarily because some of the long term stuff has made it tough for me to motivate myself to start a new game that far back. Primarily just because the AI isn't as able to develop it's infrastructure as the player is, and the start date being so far back makes that issue more pronounced than it is in the later years where roads/rail is much more prevalent, and supply is spread much more across the map. The fact that the AI can't really expand any of that on it's own is an issue for me because I know a long term game really isn't possible because of it.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Played right now up to new year 1918 - Lenin offered me peace (although i had not a single war) - accepted it - just in case.
So far very peacuful on the default setting- although new zealand is No.1 on germany's threat list and Netherlands and France are in the top 10 threats.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Playing as what region?

And yes, intended to be more peaceful at least for now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Playing as Germany.

One weird issue - although i have some cordial relations with other countries, iam not able to get even basic treaties like criminal extradiction or free trade.
Usual i would get orange lights and a counter offer to add some/lots of money but here it is outright red.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

I saw lots of wars by all powers, maybe because I selected "unpredictable" AI and medium agressiveness? I had Germany fight the Russian Empire, nearly lose to it, but then Russian Empire became USSR and they made peace but USSR still held some lands in Germany... A little weird.

Also Russia seems to be OP. They were at war with literally every neighbor - Japan, China, Mongolia, Iran, Ottoman Empire, Sweden, Germany, Austria-Hungary and probably some others - AT THE SAME TIME and still it continued to win in Europe and nothing happened elsewhere... Very boring and unrealistic. Asian countries like Iran don't even seem to care they are at war against Russia and just sit idly doing nothing.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I personally play sandbox high volatility and hard diplomacy to make sure everyone hates everyone.

Ti's a war-game right? :)

Don't see the use of developing a war game without waging war really.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”