GUI Unit Management - Reserve Queue

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

GUI Unit Management - Reserve Queue

Post by mrgenie »

First of all I like how the GUI is right now and for people who leave a lot to the ministers it's just perfect. Really, no complaints.

However, from time to time I like micromanagement, yes I know a little psycho about that but everyone has his/her strange habits right?

What I like is the filters for the units that are not in the reserve, but I wish this for reserve units as well.
To keep money flow positive, I put all my units in reserve during peace time. i don't need resupplies and they don't run around
drinking fuel, nut sure about maintenance costs but fuel is already a huge thing if they don't burn it useless.

So I have some units entrenched to cover the first blow and the rest in the reserve.

But from time to time, I get better tanks, better INF, etc.

Now I have 1000 INF and I just researched a new one to replace them. They're all in the reserve.
Either I manually click 1000 times to get them out of the reserve, or I get ALL units out of reserve which is a waste of resources
or I manually click and confirm click and confirm each scrap inside the reserve.

So I'd like to have a filter for inside the reserve as well:
Add Highlighted Type's in Reserve
Add highlighted Type's everywhere

and than a "scrap" which is already there anyway to apply to all of them.

So I can easily replace my obsolete tanks, infantry, etc with more modern stuff.

Thank you
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: GUI Unit Management - Reserve Queue

Post by evildari »

Yes that is exactly what is needed: at least a simple select all filter for the same selected unit(s) in reserve - to have them scrap at once - or maybe even better mark them as available for selling so anyone non-hostile could make an offer.

Right now it is very tedious:
deploy all - hunt them on map or that long but on screen short deployed list - filter again - and scrap. And usually doing it 5 times or more since not all units were deployed (although enough manpower available) due to various weird reasons only the engine may know.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”