Is there any way to sue for peace?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Undecided
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Is there any way to sue for peace?

Post by Undecided »

After declaring war on various superpowers, I've found they will almost universally fight to the death. Even when you an overwhelmingly larger military, are technologically decades ahead, and have conquered dozens (in the case of Britain) of colonies, I still can't get them to sue for peace. Even relatively tiny nations like the Netherlands aren't willing to sue for peace when fighting a pan-Asian/African superpower.

Do I just have to completely wipe out a nation and then liberate them to get peace with them? Is the AI just that dumb when it comes to diplomacy? Or does the AI completely ignore colonies when calculating how well it's doing during the war?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Is there any way to sue for peace?

Post by YoMomma »

You gotta put your diplomats to work. Improve relations, entrench borders dont capture anything else and eventually they should come with a peace offer, but dont be surprised if you have to pay alot for that peace offer too. Basicly not worth it.
Gameplay 1st
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Along with (dumb) naval AI, peace treaty system is one of the biggest weak spot of the game.
Please teach AI everything!
Undecided
Warrant Officer

Post by Undecided »

Zuikaku wrote:Along with (dumb) naval AI, peace treaty system is one of the biggest weak spot of the game.
I knocked the UK around until all its remaining land was about equivalent to the island of Taiwan, offered them one trillion(!) dollars, and they still wouldn't sign peace. I think you're right about it being broken.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I wonder if BG would consider open-sourcing the AI.
It might only take a few people with time and the skills to see some significant changes happen.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

One of my biggest wishes SR games is to have localized conflicts. All-out total wars in real life are rare. More often wars are about a single region. I would like it to be reflected in this game as well. It would be nice being able to expand your country just a little bit, realistically plausibly, instead of having to annex a whole country. For example if you're Poland, historically you might want to take only Vilnius from Lithuania, but certainly not all Lithuania. Or you might want to take Kaliningrad region but certainly not whole Russia. Russian Crimean and Georgian wars are also perfect examples of regional wars. There are just so many regional wars in the world and they are so misrepresented in SR :(

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”