Announcing Supreme Ruler The Great War

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

MK4
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Announcing Supreme Ruler The Great War

Post by MK4 »

@George and Chris
if SRU has reached "completion" what about releasing it on a non steam platform (such as GoG) as was discussed before?
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... am#p177129
In this respect I`m just not sure if I should celebrate this latest project or not, but I do wish you good fortune with it!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Worth considering, but the launch of SRGW won't specifically end SRU development. Ideally they both benefit from ongoing support.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:Worth considering, but the launch of SRGW won't specifically end SRU development. Ideally they both benefit from ongoing support.
Sounds promising
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

Balthagor wrote:Worth considering, but the launch of SRGW won't specifically end SRU development. Ideally they both benefit from ongoing support.
Thank you for your response!

As I see it, if the game is successful and keeps on being developed I won`t see a non-steam version because allegedly it is easier to update the game on steam while in development so that will be deferred to the end of development. On the other hand if there`s no more development of the game I wonder if any of you would still be interested in releasing a non-steam version or indeed if anyone would still be around to even consider it. It`s a catch-22 I guess.

Btw, I know that throughout development there was talk about releasing a map editor or at least making regions moddable (in the sense of adding a new region and new loyalty). Is this something that might happen? There`s one political entity whose lack on SR`s modern map makes playing in that region fictitious. I`m referring to Transnistria. As it was in SR2020, part of Moldova, loyal to Moldova, with no Russian troops in it, it made for an eerie gameplay. It`s not just another frozen conflict around the Black Sea (the rest I think are represented in your latest game version), it is in many ways a Kaliningrad of the region. Other factions should not be able to just go about that zone without any repercussions in their relations with Russia, to put it euphemistically. I`ve raised it before, but it was marked as low priority. As such, would it be possible to implement something like this via modding in the future?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I often advocate for the mapeditor getting the required dev resources so that we could release. I will continue to do so.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:I often advocate for the mapeditor getting the required dev resources so that we could release. I will continue to do so.
It being polished enough for the end user also benefits you guys in house since it would be that much easier to create and edit scenarios. That being said i'm not holding my breath on it being released any time soon.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

It also would be great if player was allowed to customize in game menus - pallets and stats.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:It also would be great if player was allowed to customize in game menus - pallets and stats.
This is far outside of the scope of the project or of the development resources available at this time.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

fortunately some of them seem to be moddable.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Are there any news about the development progress??

In which phase is now the game?
When it is expected to be released?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll try and get another dev blog posted for next week. Railroads across the world are done! (and a few roads, but very very few).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

Balthagor wrote:I'll try and get another dev blog posted for next week. Railroads across the world are done! (and a few roads, but very very few).
Any update on the dev blog? Cant wait :D
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Got a draft done, reviewing it and pulling together a screenshot...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

+1 for map editor
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

I agree a map editor would be a good thing for the modding community and any potential sandboxes/campaigns/scenarios that people might make would increase the longevity of the game.
Even if it is not perfect or very user-friendly it would very likely still be quite a bit more efficient for the people than doing things in a text editor

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”