Map overlays not working on half the world, new games. SRU.

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

hanzie
Warrant Officer

Map overlays not working on half the world, new games. SRU.

Post by hanzie »

Hello again. 10 years since I've visited these honored forums.

I seem to have stumbled upon an issue that has made the map overlays not function as intended. Ownership leaves half the world black, loyalty gives only a couple more nations in Africa color, etc, and I am at a loss to what I have done or am supposed to do.

I have played Supreme Ruler Ultimate (sandboxes) for a few days now and it has not been an issue before. But today, nothing seems to work. No matter what gamestart I choose, there are pieces of map overlays missing.
I did play the 1914-start for the first time yesterday for a little while. That was the last time everything worked as intended and I have a lurking suspicion that there may be some kind of cache-problem that conflicts with my new games. My suspicions when it comes to programming has a track record of being right 0 % of the time for the last 20 years.

I have not played modded or dabbled in the files at all. I'd gladly take the blame, normally, but I don't think I am responsible this time.
I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the game for now. But if it's a recurring problem, I'd like to know what to do.
Thank you.
hanzie
Warrant Officer

Re: Map overlays not working on half the world, new games. SRU.

Post by hanzie »

Unsurprisingly, the complete reinstall solved the problem.

I also found the /documents files and deleted them before the install. Shame I didn't look for them before I uninstalled and tried that first and saw if there was an issue with the options-file.

Return to “Issues and Support”