entrenching

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

entrenching

Post by YoMomma »

I noticed entrenching doesnt work anymore. You use to get a very strong bonus over time.

Is this because you are working on AI entrenching? If so just forget about the report :D

Anyway what i personally would like, is entrenching AI forces in multiplayer to create a very strong wall of forces, so i have the time to give support in some way. This used to work for a bit, but now for a couple of years most countries just move those forces away when i load another country, or if they getting attacked they move to barracks immediately.
Gameplay 1st
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Re: entrenching

Post by mrgenie »

second that!

Also please where can I see the effects in the GUI? How much strength for instance has an trench as terrain feature with garrisons. what are the defense values?

We know especially from WWI if you build trenches and keep them manned, with tech of WWI no option to get through!!!

But in SR, I punch through them like butter..

Now in WWII with MODERN tanks, trenches are getting punched through. Still tough, as we seen in the battle of the bastogne, but you can punch through them with heavy tanks followed by infrantry.

But in SR, I overrun trenches with about just anything I throw at them.

also the AI doesn't build them..

First thing an AI should do, i.e. Russia, if you can't hold of German advances in WWI build trenches ..

same with France, if German AI bypasses French defense lines, retreat and build new trenches lined up..

again, I know Maginot and Siegfried in WWII have of little use, still use, but not as powerful anymore...

But 1914-1930 era these should be kinda unbreakable lines!
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Oh and an option in the GUI.. where I can set the level /initiative of garrisons..

right now I can set garrisons by minister only on/off

What I would need is same kind of "initiative/level" for land/air/naval units also for garrisons

none = no garrisons at all
low = only spots with military installations have garrisons (MAXED OUT!!!)
medium = as low and up to radius of 5 also industrial and cities get 1 garrison
high = as medium plus within range 5 maxed out and up to radius 10 1 garrison
full = everything throughout the empire maxed out

Just a suggestion for setting levels/initiative for garrisons.

I usually would select the none during peace time and surrounded by allies and low during peacetime with open borders to potential enemies.
I'd go to high during war with lesser enemies..
and go full during war with superior enemies.

Medium I'd use in times between war preparations.. still at peace but planning to go to war..
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

YoMomma wrote: Nov 13 2018 I noticed entrenching doesnt work anymore...
Can anyone confirm this? I'll watch for this next time I'm playing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yes, i can confirm. Its pretty random no mather the time unit is entrenched. If you want to confirm i think you have a spare computer now and then and a copy of the game? I think 5 bars should be max. maybe taking like 5 days so the ai can also make use of it?

Solution for the AI is already there, if a unit is stationed, the Entrenching bar (should) start filling. I noticed AI uses cities a bit more to defend, so yeah thats very good.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

K, we'll do some testing, see what we find.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sumojoe118
Corporal

Post by Sumojoe118 »

We did some testing for entrenchment and didn't notice any problems. Is this issue still occuring and is there if so is there a specific way that it can be reproduced for further testing?
Rosalis
Colonel

Post by Rosalis »

Yes, it is still occuring.

Entrench all the cities in a large front line, for example entrench Mexican border as USA.
Use 1 infantry, 1 recon, 1 AT, 1 Arti, 1 AA whatever you like in each city.
When you hover over the unit you can see stats.. kills, morale, experience... and.. entrenchment.
Wait however long you like and compare the entrenchment bar across your front line.
1 Unit got 1 bar, others got 3 or something else. I think its worse in non loyal territory.

The way it worked in SR2020 was that the bar fill, not sure if it was 5 bars, but all units would have 'full bars' eventually, this doesnt happen. Infact its been a while, but i think artillery and anti air didnt progress their entrenchment bar in SR2020.
Sumojoe118
Corporal

Post by Sumojoe118 »

Thanks for the input, we did more testing on the issue and the programming team will take a further look into why it is occurring.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

For what its worth, I happened to be in SR:TGW when I read this. I did a test myself there. I was the U.S.A and moved 4 unit types into 5 cities bordering Mexico. Inf/Eng/Recon/Arty. I ordered them all to entrench on 1 Sep then set speed to max. I checked back in Dec, every unit only had one "bar" of entrenchment. They were all the same amount, but it should have been more after two and a half months.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Issues and Support”