Supplies changed during the 10.1.57 patch?

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Supplies changed during the 10.1.57 patch?

Post by number47 »

SteamSupreme wrote: Jul 09 2018 Like with aircraft there might be a way to define a helicopter intended for transport from the attack copters, like transport aircraft are defined differently than bombers and fighters, have to study the game files more, thanks for the info on the AI params I was wondering though, in addition to supply, if the AI might grab a pile of units in the airship and move them somewhere... Ill have to try it and see.
Aren't transport/utility helicopters in "Transport" section together with transport airplanes?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

number47 wrote: Jul 27 2018 Aren't transport/utility helicopters in "Transport" section together with transport airplanes?
That is what I originally thought. Posts 11, 12, and 13 cover details.
The skinny is, currently, the helicopters are not subdivided (attack/supply)like the aircraft, though, the player probably could manually send 'copters on supply runs, the AI sees them all as attack craft.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Honestly, it's been so long since I've played a game that has helicopters, I'm not entirely positive. If it's not labeled as a helicopter (which current zeppelins are), then it won't be called for missions that are meant for them. Of course changing that behavior means that they won't be used offensively in any way which is what zeppelins are meant for. So you'd have to create a whole new unit but I don't have any expertise in that yet so don't know exactly what criteria it effects.
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

way2co0l wrote: Jul 28 2018 Honestly, it's been so long since I've played a game that has helicopters, I'm not entirely positive. If it's not labeled as a helicopter (which current zeppelins are), then it won't be called for missions that are meant for them. Of course changing that behavior means that they won't be used offensively in any way which is what zeppelins are meant for. So you'd have to create a whole new unit but I don't have any expertise in that yet so don't know exactly what criteria it effects.
Goes back to the AI Params. I have not investigated those params, but since helicopters are not used in the period the airships appear, setting them as supply only actually might work out as intended (fyi in the WW2 era, LOTs of those airships are showing up, they should be obsolete, but might make cool supply craft otherwise....).
Last edited by SteamSupreme on Jul 28 2018, edited 1 time in total.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

SteamSupreme wrote: Jul 28 2018
way2co0l wrote: Jul 28 2018 Honestly, it's been so long since I've played a game that has helicopters, I'm not entirely positive. If it's not labeled as a helicopter (which current zeppelins are), then it won't be called for missions that are meant for them. Of course changing that behavior means that they won't be used offensively in any way which is what zeppelins are meant for. So you'd have to create a whole new unit but I don't have any expertise in that yet so don't know exactly what criteria it effects.
Goes back to the AI Params. I have not investigated those params, but since helicopters are not used in the period the airships appear, setting them as supply only actually might work out as intended
As long as you don't intend for it to be a longer game where helicopters become a thing, then that should be just fine.
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

In my games 1914+ AI builds hundreds of them. They are everywhere..

And just sitting ducks. They don't do anything except from time to time just fly around somewhere. But I think a smart AI would be able to use some kind of morse-signaling to
artillery. So the AI could send them as recon units (early game air defense are worthless pretty much) so even if they are not for fighting, just recon would be great which I
do manually a lot but the AI never seen him doing that and thus as Human I abuse this knowledge giving my arty a huge advantage over the AI.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906

Return to “Issues and Support”