SRGW - United States - unexpected limits on assaulting Pacific atolls

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

geminif4ucorsair
General

SRGW - United States - unexpected limits on assaulting Pacific atolls

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

* * During September, the U.S. joined France and the British Commonwealth countries in responding to a German war declaration against France and Great Britain.

The USN initially focused on seizing German Pacific Islands.

* * An effort to take Truk Atoll became impossible with existing U.S. Infantry units - largely because there appears to be a game controlled limit of two [assault] units, in this case both Infantry units.

What happens? When four units were Unloaded onto the hex, two were immediately uploaded into Merchant Ship units and attempted to depart the Atoll. Efforts to keep them in the atoll required constant monitoring and turning them around and attempting to get them to Unload again....

* * Also, the game begins without Marines, a units that should be rated higher in both attacking infantry (therefore, Garrison units too) and Close Combat ratings.

* * NEEDS.
* BG needs to include 'Marines' for the U.S., and it could be argued France and Japan.

* Review whether there is a a limit on the number of assault units that can go into a atoll hex - at least 7 should be allowed, as with all other hexes.

* * UPDATE. Effective Oct 1914, this has not occurred at Kwajalein Atoll, so it maybe specific to Truk atoll for some unknown reason.
Last edited by geminif4ucorsair on Sep 16 2017, edited 1 time in total.
SGTscuba
General

Re: SRGW - United States - unexpected limits on assaulting Pacific atolls

Post by SGTscuba »

+1, I might argue the UK should get Marines too as each ship had a company of Royal Marines for landing purposes (in a similar way to other nations)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: SRGW - United States - unexpected limits on assaulting Pacific atolls

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

SGTscuba wrote:+1, I might argue the UK should get Marines too as each ship had a company of Royal Marines for landing purposes (in a similar way to other nations)
I understand the view.....US Navy and French navies also had contingents of 'marines' onboard each ship as well; however, this is limited to Battalion level units, but will have to see where the Royal Marines were in 1914. Standby....

Wiki history says:

During the First World War, in addition to their usual stations aboard ship, Royal Marines were part of the Royal Naval Division which landed in Belgium in 1914 to help defend Antwerp and later took part in the amphibious landing at Gallipoli in 1915. The Royal Marines also took part in the Zeebrugge Raid in 1918.

So, for now, guess we can add GREAT BRITAIN to the 'Marines' list!

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... al_Marines

Return to “Issues and Support”