British Indefatigable class ships

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

British Indefatigable class ships

Post by way2co0l »

There seem to be 2 different class types identified as Indefatigable. One class is simply referred to as class type "Indefatigable" of which there are 2 built, and the other is referred to as class type "Indefatigable Class" with none built. The only difference in the names is that the second one has the word "class" in the name. There are some minor differences in the statistics between the 2 classes of ships, so perhaps this was done intentionally, but figured I'd point it out that there are basically 2 different listings for the same class name. I figure if it was intended to list a continuation of the line with some modifications, then perhaps there's a better way to list the revised version?
SGTscuba
General

Re: British Indefatigable class ships

Post by SGTscuba »

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 91#p181691

Also, do some of the battlecruiser shooting ranges seem a bit short and the speed low?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: British Indefatigable class ships

Post by way2co0l »

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure how they determine a lot of the stats for their ships so I haven't been looking into those as closely. But in a general sense, yes. Looking at a lot of the ships would suggest many British battleships at the time had speeds around 21 kts or around 39kmh but most of them are listed in game closer to 16 kmh. Perhaps that's in line with their more economical speeds to increase their general range, but I'd expect it to apply similarly to the Queen Elizabeth class which has a pretty remarkable 44kmh for a battleship more capable than anything else at sea at the time. So basically I'm really not sure how they determine specific stats and am focusing on the actual OOBs themselves. lol. The rest of it is above my pay grade. :P

Edit: However when looking closer at this class of battlecruiser compared to the Invincible class that preceded it, there's a huge difference in speed. The Invincible has a speed of 48 in game, compared to 26 for the Indefatigable. The wikipedia entry for this class suggests it should be 48 so it should probably be increased to that. :)

Continuing on this thread because of the point that was brought up about battlecruiser speeds. The Lion class Wikipedia entry suggests its speed should be 52 which is also the same speed listed for the Queen Mary and Tiger classes. The Courageous class is listed as 58. All of these speeds are higher than the ones used in game, and makes all of these battlecruisers slower than the Queen Elizabeth class battleship in game.

It looks like the low speed for some battlecruisers and perhaps other ships as well is simply because different conditions were used. What I mean by that is that most of these wikipedia entries I'm checking list 2 separate speeds, what they accomplished during trial runs and what their speed would be at full weight capacity. The Courageous class for example. I see the speed used in game is the one listed when at full capacity, but the speed for the Renown class uses her trial speed rather than the 33km/h she would manage at full capacity. The difference in which number was used is likely the culprit for the discrepancy.

Can you guys confirm which number should be used for ship speeds, so that I can notify you when they are listed incorrectly?

Return to “Issues and Support”