Austria-Hungary Reserves

Place bug reports / questions here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Austria-Hungary Reserves

Post by way2co0l »

So have been watching some youtube videos, and noticed in an Austrian one that their reserve manpower was incredibly low. I think France, Russia, and Germany each had millions of reserve troops available, but AH had less than 100k at game start so could field 200k troops at max from the very beginning until those reserves replenish. I'm assuming that's a mistake? I'm not seeing any bug reports on it but not sure how many people have tried to play as them.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Austria-Hungary Reserves

Post by way2co0l »

Loaded up ultimate to compare, and their reserves are comparable to the modern world Austria. But the population differences where Modern Austria had over 8 million people, compared to the 49 million people from the 1914 start. It just seems way off when compared to all of its neighbors. The AH empire at the time did have many issues, but manpower wasn't really one of them.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The value at release was wrong and has been updated. You still think it's too low? got any sources?

Others have opinions on this?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Austro-Hungary Population & Reserves

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

FYI regarding this discussion....AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN EMPIRE, 1914.

* Population: 49.9 million

* Peacetime Military Strength: 450,000

* Post-mobilization Strength: 3.55 million, of which 2.0 million were on "the Front".

* Total mobilization during the war: 7.8 million

* 1918, retained on Home Front: 1.722 million

* Military strength, 1918: 2.2295 million

----------

Hope this helps. :o

Source: The World War I Databook (John Ellis & Michael Cox, 1993; Aurum Press, Inc.) - likely not available except as used copies on-line. Expensive. Author Ellis has written several books and numerous paperback reference books.
Last edited by geminif4ucorsair on Aug 16 2017, edited 2 times in total.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Ah. Well I don't have the game yet so I'm going off a youtube video which is using an older version. That number might have been fixed since then. But just in case I'll share anyway. What I saw in the video was an active army about 60,000 strong with reserves around 90,000 strong, compared to all the other powers having millions of reserves. That would prevent the Austrians from fielding even the single army they sent to Bulgaria which was supposed to be 450,000, let alone the larger force sent to fight Russia or defend its other borders.

I don't know how reliable this source is, only that it was the first I came across and looks authentic at first glance. It looks like it matches the number of reserves I've seen most of the other powers have except for Germany, which in the video I watched had several million fewer than the number listed here. The united states as well, which appear to have several million more than they should have.

http://spartacus-educational.com/FWWarmies1914.htm

Return to “Issues and Support”