I played UK on great war campaign. current issues are on default configuration
I was expecting somehow more features. here are my complaints:
- after pumping funds into Mark I land ship and deploying first batch of 2 stack into northern germany, they lost against one armored car, both on open terrain...
- 3 german artillery units can wipe out stack of infantry in no time, but i cant do this same with 2 stack of best howitzers i have, this is literally waste of supplies, especially that shooting artillery is rather expensive. Enemy units are free to skirmish mine, but i am unable to stop their's with 10 times more artillery.
- why german armored cars are immune to artillery? They are considerably stronger than infantry and infantry is already considered indestructible.
- why there are no anti-hard units? basic cannons were already available at this time, but i cant produce any.
- UK is starting without any transport ships, but a lot of submarines. It should have at least some low quality ones for resupply this damned tiny lawnmower submarines
- playing with Russia is hardest thing ever, since they are highly dependent on railways, same as for example Hungarians, since there is no water ways available to them. Armored trains, munition trains, and troop transport, without it, keeping up to germany is close to impossible, same with africa countries, especially when countries switch capitals with something
- why towed artillery is faster than foot soldiers?
- per unit entrenchment is still too slow, also entrenchment should protect much more against artillery, even if just standing on trench facility. having engineers on site should speed up entrenchment considerably. Also either engineers should be easier to produce or better equipped, somehow between specops and infantry
- trench facility is way too fragile.
- chemical weapons are particularly useless, they should be more kind of higher penalty/higher damage weapons. for example if used on larger cities (anything than military complex and open terrain) it would damage relations slightly ( per city not per usage ). but it would require direct order to shoot.
- armored cars are too fast one unhardened ground, due to lack of roads and heavy armor, armored cars should be considerably slower
- event - save Belgium, i actually cheated here, i proposed mountain of money (50,000M)and they still refused mutual defence / land transit. You have literally week or two to please them enough
and it is literally impossible, at least for me, even if i change diplomacy to very easy. It "hurts public opinion" but appareantly its better to deny UK's help than getting annexed by germany
- infantry should slowly replenish supplies even on hostile territory. Dropping a contingent onto enemy port, and they just stand and watch while being shot by damned garrison. Simple math, 20 units, ~250 men each, means around 5000 men, they would literally fist fight 1 garrison unit to death. Also dropping artillery on hostile port (accidental desant) means they will attempt suicide by trying rocket jumps - yeah they will shot themselves and your troops in one go trying to damage, but not really, enemy garrison. However, considering that somehow i have 10x damage multiplier i will lose all stacks and their garrison will live.
- artilery should damage units in following way - if artillery have 10 damage, it will inflict 10 damage divided by number of hit enemies per shot, not 10 for everyone. If you try to imagine how it looks it seems that each unit is stacked directly on top of each other.
- non infantry units should be slowed down in forest areas, unless there is explicit road or rail on such hex
- i cant resupply units ashore from ships, and supplies are crucial for desant.
- we still cant release or annex colonies in multiplayer. playing UK on multi is (petrol) suicide
- this is adequate rather to SRU but there is no option to "sponsor" a city ( like for example china did ) or to boost city's development for large amounts of cash ( dubai? ), this is also a problem later, when there is manpower shortage, since (what i deduced through game plays) it seems that the more unemployed humans you have, the better military buildup per money spent is.
- supporting a country (costs) or supporting opposition should be relative to your size not target country. There is no possibility to build up relations with for example with russia as it is right now.
- useless research, for example fused grenades, will actually not help your troops fight. Technology progress should have visible impact on units. I dont know how to correctly improve tech tree but each tech should have some kind of boosts, for example +5% fighting ability, better range or something...
- coastal waters should be capturable only if nearby land hexes are captured.
## SR + GW
will there be some kind of upgrade for SRU? for example if you have SRU and SRGW will SRU get scenarios and stuff? I want to do epic 100 years campaign!
please, Devs can you spare some time and address/comment on those issues? How the future of SR will look like?