Additional battlezone/theater options per branch

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Additional battlezone/theater options per branch

Post by way2co0l »

So basically an issue I'm noticing while trying to improve certain naval issues through modding is that the battlezone/theater settings only have one option for military priority which makes it very awkward for me to try to use those options as any kind of solution. For example, if I want to increase the battlezone priority for the North Sea in order to encourage England to try to keep more ships in the area, it will also result in them keeping a large number of units along their north eastern coast as well since the battlezone covers both land and sea hexes. These units get tied up thinking that I want them there, when really all I want is for England to maintain more of a naval presence there. On the inverse side of things, if I don't want my ships wandering into a specific area, it will also be telling my army that I don't want them going there, but that may not actually be the case.

Having the option to set military priority by branch would be amazing, of course hopefully editing the relevant event types to allow for us to edit these new settings. That way we can really fine tune where our armies, ships, and air forces are being focused and will give me a little more control over how the AI deploys its forces in my mod. :) Appreciate the consideration!
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Additional battlezone/theater options per branch

Post by way2co0l »

Wanted to check what my chances for this might be. :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Well it didn't get much response from the community which limits its chances.

Also consider, it might just be that the shape/layout of our battlezones and theaters might not be optimal. Working with the map editor, it might be possible to redraw them more efficiently. We haven't considered that much.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Balthagor wrote: Aug 05 2018 Well it didn't get much response from the community which limits its chances.

Also consider, it might just be that the shape/layout of our battlezones and theaters might not be optimal. Working with the map editor, it might be possible to redraw them more efficiently. We haven't considered that much.
That's true, and I'd actually mean meaning to ask about that. I knew you had engine limitations for the number of nations that were playable, but are there any such limitations for the numbers of theaters and battlezones?
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant

Post by SteamSupreme »

way2co0l wrote: Jul 18 2018 So basically an issue I'm noticing while trying to improve certain naval issues through modding is that the battlezone/theater settings only have one option for military priority which makes it very awkward for me to try to use those options as any kind of solution. For example, if I want to increase the battlezone priority for the North Sea in order to encourage England to try to keep more ships in the area, it will also result in them keeping a large number of units along their north eastern coast as well since the battlezone covers both land and sea hexes. These units get tied up thinking that I want them there, when really all I want is for England to maintain more of a naval presence there. On the inverse side of things, if I don't want my ships wandering into a specific area, it will also be telling my army that I don't want them going there, but that may not actually be the case.

Having the option to set military priority by branch would be amazing, of course hopefully editing the relevant event types to allow for us to edit these new settings. That way we can really fine tune where our armies, ships, and air forces are being focused and will give me a little more control over how the AI deploys its forces in my mod. :) Appreciate the consideration!
Battlezone/theater settings have been an unexplored option. I think it might be a good idea to have separate battlezone/theater settings for each branch now that Ive read this thread and understand it more.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”