Lock trade markup % option

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Lock trade markup % option

Post by way2co0l »

One thing that would be really awesome is if there could be an option to lock the trade markup percentages for market exports.

Basically in the resources tab, if you select any resource and then go to the market exports tab for that option, you're able to set the number of units you'd like to sell as well as the minimum price you'll sell them for, and then it'll display the markup percentage in relation to your production costs. I personally lock my ministers out of everything to control it all manually, so I periodically go through these tabs and have to readjust the prices to sell them at manually. It's be great to be able to set the markup percentage for oil say at 5% or consumer goods at 10% and lock it there, having the minimum price adjusted automatically to match that markup price as those prices fluctuate. That way I can just set them and only check how prices are performing every once in awhile rather than as often as I currently do.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Lock trade markup % option

Post by YoMomma »

I think this request comes more from BG improving exporting and importing so prices changes more frequent. Meanwhile alot of regions still sell at 10% loss if sale prices is cloose to production. On rubber it's even more then 10%. Japan sells rubber at a 500% sale loss. And that's saving the economy in modern games now. Just saying.

Anyway if it is easy to do sure we can do another feature for the player. It would be more interesting if it is for the AI as well.
Gameplay 1st
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

YoMomma wrote: Jun 21 2018 I think this request comes more from BG improving exporting and importing so prices changes more frequent. Meanwhile alot of regions still sell at 10% loss if sale prices is cloose to production. On rubber it's even more then 10%. Japan sells rubber at a 500% sale loss. And that's saving the economy in modern games now. Just saying.

Anyway if it is easy to do sure we can do another feature for the player. It would be more interesting if it is for the AI as well.
Oh I agree. I've actually posted extensively on this topic in the past with my thoughts and suggestions. At this point I don't think I'm going to get exactly what I want, but removing rubber as a resource remains one of my top 3 requests which would at least partially mitigate the problem in the first place even if it doesn't outright fix it simply because it is by far the biggest culprit. That being said, I'd love the quality of life improvement to make it a little less tedious for me to micromanage all the time.

If given the choice however, I'd definitely want to see the AI better respond to market prices and adjusting production and future facility construction based around that.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

way2co0l wrote: Jun 21 2018 One thing that would be really awesome is if there could be an option to lock the trade markup percentages for market exports.

Basically in the resources tab, if you select any resource and then go to the market exports tab for that option, you're able to set the number of units you'd like to sell as well as the minimum price you'll sell them for, and then it'll display the markup percentage in relation to your production costs. I personally lock my ministers out of everything to control it all manually, so I periodically go through these tabs and have to readjust the prices to sell them at manually. It's be great to be able to set the markup percentage for oil say at 5% or consumer goods at 10% and lock it there, having the minimum price adjusted automatically to match that markup price as those prices fluctuate. That way I can just set them and only check how prices are performing every once in awhile rather than as often as I currently do.
I'd like percentage markup too, it would make it easier to micromanage since I don't trust the AI to do the selling for me.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”