When a region falls

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Terran1969
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

When a region falls

Post by Terran1969 »

Iv been playing 2020 and though it would be nice if when your enamy falls it would be nice to liberate parts of a region you do not want for example lets say you have defeated Russia i normally play as UK and you want to keep St Petersberg Moscow battlzones you could colonise Russia and then liberate the Battlezones you don't want to keep and keep the bits you do want to keep.

Anyway i think this would be good for the new games as its unlikely SRU will be updated anymore.
Goa ing Insane
Corporal

Re: When a region falls

Post by Goa ing Insane »

I agree that this is a good idea, as I always wanted to do that too with larger countries too, but it would be very difficult to be made possible, so I would not expect it any time soon if at all.
Terran1969
Warrant Officer

Post by Terran1969 »

I thought you could passably do it by making the nation a colony then you might be able to liberate the battle zone's you don't want in order to make that happen.
geminif4ucorsair
General

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Goa ing Insane wrote:I agree that this is a good idea, as I always wanted to do that too with larger countries too, but it would be very difficult to be made possible, so I would not expect it any time soon if at all.
Playing Japan SR-36 Road to War and defeated Soviet Union. Swallowing the Soviet Union was no small task, achieved more than a year ago, and we are still trying to get former-Russian facilities back into use, including even the Stalingrad Land production facilities, which were admittedly heavily damaged in the offensive against Stalingrad (one of the last major cities to fall....and we chased the government to north of Grozny.

"Separation", as suggested by some of the posts above, might be possible if BG would introduce a variant of the "Shattered World" component, whereby, the conquering state were given the "choice" of current options (Independence, colony, absorb) for EACH one of the provinces / areas / states that were part of Shattered World game.....

the limits on that would be in a country like the U.S., which had 50 states in the game......some country like France,
Italy, or Soviet Union, would much large provinces (S.S.R.'s in case of USSR), would be more practical.

In the case of the U.S., it might be broken down to major region (New England, Atlantic States, Southwest, etc. - some multi-state sub-divisional breakdown.

Not likely a priority by any means for BG, with new release of SRGW and need to get several aspect right.....so, all I could suggest is be patient. :wink:
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

in 2010 you had the ability to trade territory by selecting the hexes you wanted. I think they should add back in territory trade. This way since colonies are forced to accept whatever we tell them we can give or take territory at will. I think it would increase strategic options in multiplayer as well :).
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

The country limit is the big issue with the shattered world option sadly. :( That would have to be increased for it to really be viable.
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

I think the limit is now like over 4k?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

For units models and stuff like that I think. Not for countries. Unless I'm just behind the times on that.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

way2co0l wrote:For units models and stuff like that I think. Not for countries. Unless I'm just behind the times on that.
AFAIK the country limit is still.. 255? or something around there. For a single scenario.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

Fistalis wrote:AFAIK the country limit is still.. 255? or something around there. For a single scenario.
Yeah, I'm under that same impression. And if I recall correctly, the shattered world scenario pushed it pretty close to those limits, so it's unlikely to be feasible with the several new nations added in the GW such as the Ottomans and AH, plus whatever other new country entities were added. Adding in all the shattered world countries would likely push it over the limit so the option described above really wouldn't be possible unless this limit was increased. Personally, I prefer the idea of a map editor to edit saves to handle this issue, as I feel it might be easier than trying to build a mechanic into the game that makes it happen.
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

Shattered world is at 253 out of the limit of 255 (if i'm counting right in SW2020.REGIONINCL)
SR1936 is at the limit of 255 countries. Dont forget that the limit is the number of countries listed in the .REGIONINCL file for the scenario. And this includes dead countries also (that have loyalty on map or are used later in events like Vichy France).

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”