Seaplane base

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Jack8193
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Seaplane base

Post by Jack8193 »

Newhaven Seaplane Station

New military facility or simply, make possible at seaplane to land in the Sea Pier or in the Sea Port...
geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Seaplane Bases

Post by geminif4ucorsair »

Here is a typical seaplane base, not uncommon as found in Japan, U.S., Germany or Great Britain.....and more.

The point here is that they typically include pier side facilities included - the reason: seaplane tenders need to anchor
and be available at these facilities, on periodic or permanent basis. Some are even home ported at seaplane bases, which facilitates training, maintenance, and airplane repairs.

I advocate the Seaplane Base be available at any land + water hex, but that floatplanes and seaplanes can land on ANY water hex, and also be REFUELED by tanker-type or other warships ships. Seaplane refueling was commonly done this way in small anchorages, atolls, etc. - routinely.
SGTscuba
General

Re: Seaplane Bases

Post by SGTscuba »

geminif4ucorsair wrote:Here is a typical seaplane base, not uncommon as found in Japan, U.S., Germany or Great Britain.....and more.

The point here is that they typically include pier side facilities included - the reason: seaplane tenders need to anchor
and be available at these facilities, on periodic or permanent basis. Some are even home ported at seaplane bases, which facilitates training, maintenance, and airplane repairs.

I advocate the Seaplane Base be available at any land + water hex, but that floatplanes and seaplanes can land on ANY water hex, and also be REFUELED by tanker-type or other warships ships. Seaplane refueling was commonly done this way in small anchorages, atolls, etc. - routinely.
^this
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”