Workshop?

General discussion related to the game goes here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Duke of Normandy
Corporal
Human: Yes

Workshop?

Post by Duke of Normandy »

From reading the old posts for the FAQ for SR:U (and some other smaller topics and posts) it sounded like you guys had plans for expanding on the modding capabilities for the game and even eventually connecting up with Steam Workshop to make the mod aspect of SR (specifically SR:U) more public and more accessible. Did those plans end up falling through or is it still to come? This also leads me into asking if an editor was made for modding purposes or have those plans fallen through?

Many thanks to anyone who can enlighten me. And thanks devs for a truly fascinating game.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Workshop?

Post by way2co0l »

Welcome to the forums firstly. :)

I'm unsure about the workshop in all honesty. I think it's currently still on their list, but a lower priority with the new game in the works. I believe the editor is in a similar place, but likely a higher priority due to the number of people that have requested it and the sheer amount of mod extensions it'll allow, which would likely pave the way for the workshop to follow sometime after that. Obviously just speculation on my part, but I think it's likely a fair assumption.
Nerei
General

Re: Workshop?

Post by Nerei »

According to George there are some technical issues with implementing Steam Workshop and according to mr Latour workshop is not something that is planned at the moment.

Personally my opinion is that BG should focus on getting some proper modding tools going and see if that vitalises the modding community. If it does it might be worth considering workshop. If not there is absolutely no point in wasting the resources. The active modding community right now is tiny and without people to actually upload content to the workshop there is no point to it and it does not matter how many people ask for it.

Return to “General Discussion - SRGW”