Surrender Index

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

WolfsRain
Corporal
Human: Yes

Surrender Index

Post by WolfsRain »

There should be a surrender index (a value in % from 0 to 100) which indicates the willingness of a country to surrender. This value is increased by the amount of fatalities in the war (historically), important cities taken (or majority), size of the army (You loose way to many troops in the field) and lack of consumer goods (when countries suffer famine from making bullets instead of bread, you do not eat bullets tho).

At 50% partisan and possible mutinies should be present but not too much (events such us resources stolen by the people and units disappear), at 75% partisan duty and political unrest is way harder the opposition could change government (depends on country and if it's democracy, kingdom etc) at 100% there is an immediate peace response by the AI to the player or attacker AI with an unconditional surrender.

After that it would be nice to have like a peace conference where you take the land you are interested in (or apply demilitarization, cut down to size and others) instead of that disgusting gore like diplomatic map after a war with allies where your friend gets "islands" inside your conquered land suffering supply difficulties. When the war is off by the surrender value, it stops the game and opens something like the trade screen where you can "trade" the regions you want and ask for repayment for the loses.

That should be enough to fix the war and after-war system as well as implement this new Great War historical mechanic.

Thanks for read and have a nice day,
WolfsRain
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Surrender Index

Post by Balthagor »

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. There is a value like this in the game already. Regions do surrender at times. I'm not sure it should be much lower than it is now, history has shown that lots of countries will fight very hard against impossible odds. (Serbia in WWI, Japan in WWII...)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
WolfsRain
Corporal

Post by WolfsRain »

But what about "trading"/managing regions?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is a thread already about land trading, I've shared my views in that thread;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... trade+land
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

@Balthagor I would like to suggest adding an in-game option so the player could choose the AI surrender threshold. For example I would like to see countries never surrendering until every single city of theirs is taken. For me it only seems realistic because even after occupation there are many regions that need to have change of management, fight resistance, adop to new rule etc. And I especially hate to see countries surrender without losing much (which happens sometimes.)

Though I guess it would only work if the AI would be better at attacking through the sea. Often there are small island countries that never lose even to huge other countries nearby. For example in my last game Germany took all of Europe by ~1943 and produced lots of ships but still failed to land in countries such as Malta, even though Germany controlled whole Italy nearby.
And I've seen USA fail to land in Cuba for ~5 years that they've been at war (it was 1v1 too, USA had no other enemies). In that particular war USA bombed Cuba so much that total population of Cuba dropped from 10 million (it was 2020 scenario) to ~200,000). It was really curious to watch that merciless bombing though :D

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”