Question about the map's resources.

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Question about the map's resources.

Post by way2co0l »

Basically my question comes down to the map you'll be using for this game. One of the things that bugged me in the 1936 game (and the reason why I never choose to play that time period) was that the map removed all the future resources found on later maps. I definitely understand the reasoning for it. The game engine has no way to differentiate those resources from the resources that could realistically be utilized at the time. My problem stems from the fact that I enjoy playing long games, games that would even cover those future time periods and yet those resources will never be possible to bring back so you're stuck with what was available on the base 36 map.

That's why I only play cold war maps or later honestly, and I'm hoping that won't be the problem here as well. I understand the same reasoning applies, even more so than before even, but it's going to continue to be something that bothers me if those resources aren't available for later use. I know that for things like uranium, you'll continue to have them on the map even if they aren't usable yet, so I'm hopeful that you'll include all of those future resources found on future maps, even if it allows you to harvest resources that weren't available to a country yet, simply because it will make it available to them in the future rather than denying them that altogether.

I don't know how others feel about it, but it's an important consideration for me and I'm hopeful that this map will be based on the map used for the later scenarios, and not the earlier 36 map for this purpose. Can you give any insight into this?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Question about the map's resources.

Post by Balthagor »

The 1936 map is the base from which we created the new map. Thanks for considering our reasons, sorry that this doesn't fit what you hoped for.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Question about the map's resources.

Post by way2co0l »

Balthagor wrote:The 1936 map is the base from which we created the new map. Thanks for considering our reasons, sorry that this doesn't fit what you hoped for.
Oh no, that's still fine. It just leaves my hopes resting still in an eventual map editor that allows the player to adjust these things for themselves if desired. I've been hoping for that anyway, and could definitely still solve my worries so it doesn't bother me as much as it originally did. Thanks for answering my question though. :)

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”