Suggestion: Seceding/buying to and from other nations through trade

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

ALPHASTAR
Corporal
Human: Yes

Suggestion: Seceding/buying to and from other nations through trade

Post by ALPHASTAR »

For the next game. I hope to see an option of choosing to buy territory from another country either from a colony or someone's homeland, and a way to secede a certain amount of territory without seeing if it's loyal to another country or not. For an Idea I could see a trade option where where once it's chosen you highlight which territory on the map you want, and hold shift to take out bits and pieces. And are able to trade, and you can choose if you could annex it, turn it into a colony or etc like winning a war. I feel like that would be a perfect edition for those who want to have certain historical accuracies or for those who Just want to fix borders so you don't have certain border complexities for example after a war one nations large piece of territory is inside yours or a large piece of a players territory inside another nation.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Suggestion: Seceding/buying to and from other nations through trade

Post by Kristijonas »

Yes please! Perhaps don't allow buying (non-loyal) land, just allow giving land away? For example I find myself often wanting to give a country a PART of its land, but not all of it. There's simply no such option ;(
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

Kristijonas wrote:Yes please! Perhaps don't allow buying (non-loyal) land, just allow giving land away? For example I find myself often wanting to give a country a PART of its land, but not all of it. There's simply no such option ;(
There is an option to give freedom/independence to a disloyal region in your country. Watch this video. https://youtu.be/TGuZ85O8LKg

Or if you want to give a country a region this is loyal to it, then just simply go to diplomacy and click "release land loyal to the country" option. For instance, Turkey, Syria, Iraq has some of the land loyal to Kurdistan. You can simply give land back to Kurds by this option.
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

Aawish wrote:
Kristijonas wrote:Yes please! Perhaps don't allow buying (non-loyal) land, just allow giving land away? For example I find myself often wanting to give a country a PART of its land, but not all of it. There's simply no such option ;(
There is an option to give freedom/independence to a disloyal region in your country. Watch this video. https://youtu.be/TGuZ85O8LKg

Or if you want to give a country a region this is loyal to it, then just simply go to diplomacy and click "release land loyal to the country" option. For instance, Turkey, Syria, Iraq has some of the land loyal to Kurdistan. You can simply give land back to Kurds by this option.
I think ALPHASTAR and Kristijonas want something like ...Iraq sell (own) Kurdistan to Turkey....or France sell Corsic island to Italy..
Con forza ed ardimento
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

dax1 wrote:...or France sell Corsic island to Italy...
The game and AI have no idea what the island or Corsica is. It only knows the things we define for it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

dax1 wrote:
Aawish wrote:

I think ALPHASTAR and Kristijonas want something like ...Iraq sell (own) Kurdistan to Turkey....or France sell Corsic island to Italy..
That too but I meant hex trading. So for example if you conquer Russia, you could keep Moscow and St.Petersburg for yourself, but give all Siberia to Russia. Like in SR2010 where there was a hex selector so you could sell custom territories. But I heard it's not possible in SRU at all...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Kristijonas wrote:... Like in SR2010 where there was a hex selector so you could sell custom territories. But I heard it's not possible in SRU at all...
It's possible, it would just take a lot of work. We'd have to rebuild the UI, it has never existed in this engine.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ALPHASTAR
Corporal

Post by ALPHASTAR »

So are saying it would it involve an entire overhaul of the UI?
ALPHASTAR
Corporal

Post by ALPHASTAR »

Also when I made this thread, I meant for trading/ ceding hexes. The reason I bring this up is because there are several times when I play this game and I'm trying to invade a country, right when I make a peace treaty something may happen where after peace is made you notice that either there are Chucks you don't want, for example your units accidently went to far deep into Siberia. or you notice that the enemy did the exact same thing in you territory, mostly for these types of scenarios because it's a bother to declare war again if you want to fix that problem. but it can apply to trying to peacefully gaining territory through a deal for those who want to play a bit realistic like I do.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

ALPHASTAR wrote:So are saying it would it involve an entire overhaul of the UI?
Not of the whole UI, but it would need it's own UI and a location from which to access it. Then the UI would have to function, data would have to be stored, AI would need to know how to respond. That last it likely the biggest issue. If you ask the AI for land, it would never want to give it. If you offer land, it wouldn't trust your generosity.

We have a very self centered paranoid AI...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Please add it back in, it's really a nice feature for multiplayer. If you guys could fix the multiplayer sync issue that would be awesome as well.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

mikeownage wrote:Please add it back in...
Just to be clear, it can't be "added back", it was never in this version of the engine. The engine was totally rewritten since that feature existed, it would have to be built from scratch.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Kristijonas »

mikeownage there's an easy multiplayer de-sync workaround. When you get a message about it, save the game. Then the host of the game needs to send HIS save file to the other player(s) and everyone must use the same save file from the host. This way it's 100% guaranteed you will all use the same save file.

Before I found this workaround, in one of my games I had this situation where I saw how I destroyed one country and the other player saw that country destroy me :D
mikeownage
Colonel

Post by mikeownage »

Kristijonas wrote:mikeownage there's an easy multiplayer de-sync workaround. When you get a message about it, save the game. Then the host of the game needs to send HIS save file to the other player(s) and everyone must use the same save file from the host. This way it's 100% guaranteed you will all use the same save file.

Before I found this workaround, in one of my games I had this situation where I saw how I destroyed one country and the other player saw that country destroy me :D
Thanks! - maybe now me and my buddies can play something other then SR2010... :)
Balthagor wrote:
mikeownage wrote:Please add it back in...
Just to be clear, it can't be "added back", it was never in this version of the engine. The engine was totally rewritten since that feature existed, it would have to be built from scratch.
Then build it back in :) - sadly i think a map editor plus some other actual game engine features would be better then a ww1 start time.
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

While I would also prefer engine enhancements over a new starting date I think from an economic perspective the choice BG has made is the better choice.

For the record I still stand by my earlier statements that I would happily pay the price of a classic full expansion pack for more modding options and engine/ai improvements.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”