Allied Command

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Clubfoot55
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Allied Command

Post by Clubfoot55 »

An interesting and fairly easy to accomplish idea for the new game would be allowing the entirety of both alliances to be controlled by one player. For example, group all of the Entente together and group all of the Central powers together as one in game "country." Similar things to this have been done for mods and scenarios I have seen before.

This would also make the world war 2 aspects in Ultimate a lot more interesting if it were to be implemented in a similar manner, in addition to what we have now.

This would mainly be useful for multiplayer as it's sometimes difficult to find enough people for multiple countries in an alliance.

It'd also more accurately reflect the alliance based combat of the world wars in contrast to the current model of each state essentially fighting individually with allies assisting.
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Allied Command

Post by Kristijonas »

I think it's more interesting with more countries. However I see merit in your point about multiplayer (even though I don't like playing multi as big countries). Your suggestion seems easy to do though, as an additional scenario, so why not! Easier to create a few big countries than many small ones.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Allied Command

Post by way2co0l »

Agreed with Kristijonas. I personally enjoy the unpredictability of your allies to some extent, and feel it tends to be more realistic. Think Germany's frustration with their Italian allies in WW2. I'd love to have the ability to alter region priorities for allies, but their actual unit movements should be left to them.

But on that point, region and theater priorities for allies would be awesome. For this scenario, you could assign the AH empire responsibility for the Balkan and Eastern fronts while you as Germany throw your full weight into France. Obviously AH might bungle it horribly, and that's a risk you take, but at least you'd go in knowing they're going to try to fulfill the things you ask of them. Not necessarily perfect because it's fairly limited and the AI won't be able to tell when it should simply refuse your instructions, but I think it's a cost that would be worth it and do a lot to improve gameplay, especially for this time period.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”