Suggestion: enhanced diplomacy, trade, spies, terror, peace-keepers, etc.

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

golden.pole
Captain
Human: Yes

Suggestion: enhanced diplomacy, trade, spies, terror, peace-keepers, etc.

Post by golden.pole »

There are many reasons why I keep going back to playing Civ 4 - Beyond the Sword - Caveman to Cosmos Mod. One of them is the ability to influence other nations through enhanced diplomacy and behind-the-scenes operations such as terrorism and UN peace-keepers.

Here are some suggestions that could be implemented to greatly improve the game:

1. Ability to bribe a nation to go to war with another nation.
2. Ability to bribe a nation to sign peace with another nation.
These two options would add so much more intrigue, drama, politics and strategy to the game.

3. Let the player sign trade contracts for longer than 90 days. Maybe 1year, or 5 years. It's so hard to keep track of all the contracts. Please create a window where you can view trade contracts.

4. Please create a feature for spies to be auto-deployed where they were sent. I can't keep track of all my spies that conduct various missions. Also, let spies be more powerful: ability to destroy the entire building vs. damaging it, ability to steal techs, destroy roads.

5. Let the player produce terror units that can be controlled on the map. These units can enter all territories and are at war with everybody.

6. UN peace keepers that can enter any country. The units are defensive in nature.

7. Create some UN resolutions that countries can vote on.

I can list many more suggestions, but the first four that I provided should definitely be considered by the developers.
.....[]......
..IIII[]III...
.....[]......
.... []......REPENT and BELIEVE the GOSPEL.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Suggestion: enhanced diplomacy, trade, spies, terror, peace-keepers, etc.

Post by Balthagor »

1 and 2 involve 3 way diplomacy. It's been on our wishlist before but there is no UI for it at this time.

7 is totally out of scope for this project.

I'm also not sure how relevant these suggestions are to the current project. These would be more for enhancing SRU in my opinion.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

I agree proxy wars are much more exciting than all out war. Additionally, there should be options to carry cyberattacks on another country for industrial espionage & drones should be allowed to attack terrorists in neutral countries without declaring full-scale war eg USA drone strikes in Afghanistan.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Neither drones nor cyberattacks existed in 1914.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”