present time scenarios

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

present time scenarios

Post by georgios »

Will it possible to start SRGW in present day scenario or only a 1914 map will be included?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: present time scenarios

Post by Balthagor »

SRGW will be a stand alone product and will not include any campaigns/scenarios/sandboxes starting past the 1920s
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

But the story doesn't stop in 1920 I hope... I mean units and techs after 1920... So a present day (like trump rise) mod incorporating any new features could be released...
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:But the story doesn't stop in 1920 I hope... I mean units and techs after 1920... So a present day (like trump rise) mod incorporating any new features could be released...
I am fairly certain this will work, there were also modern day mods for SR1936, and all techs from previous SR games were always included in newer ones :)
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Techs and units can be added. The problem is if the srgw regions will be enough to form the present day borders.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:Techs and units can be added. The problem is if the srgw regions will be enough to form the present day borders.
Im fairly certain that wont be the case, since hexes can only have one loyalty ingame, so all of the german empires 1914 hexes will stay german even if they lose WW1 (similar to SR1936)
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

No, I mean if the region list includes the proper subregions to form both past and present status.

Example: assume that same hexes in 1914 belong to germany but now belong to france. If these hexes are an independent subregion, it is possible to create both 1914 and present scenarios with simply assigning this subregion to the corresponding group.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

georgios wrote:No, I mean if the region list includes the proper subregions to form both past and present status.
No, it won't. There is a limit of 256 regions. There would be too many.

The game won't have a fixed end date and will have all the techs/units up to modern day and beyond, but the chances of 80+years of history playing out actually historically are incredibly small. It won't be historical, but it will be interesting :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

but there are better ways to exploit the 256 region limit. some countries are so much divided without any (historical) reason, while others are only a single big region.

I know that the initial idea was to simulate the fictional scenario of big country dissolutions (USA, UK, Russia) that seems very little possible. In the same time we observe the most real history changes in places where the game map "analysis" is weaker.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:but there are better ways to exploit the 256 region limit. some countries are so much divided without any (historical) reason, while others are only a single big region.

I know that the initial idea was to simulate the fictional scenario of big country dissolutions (USA, UK, Russia) that seems very little possible. In the same time we observe the most real history changes in places where the game map "analysis" is weaker.
I am pretty sure the USA etc wont be divided in 1914

However, 235 of the 256 available slots for countries will be needed to represent the world in 1914 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... on_in_1907
that doesnt leave enough free slots to add all countries that existed between WW1 and today.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Many of these countries were parts of greater empires (mostly british)
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:Many of these countries were parts of greater empires (mostly british)
They will still most likely be represented as colonies with their own loyal hexes like in ultimate.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Ok, but there is no need to have 3 - 4 subregions in britain, or 50+ in USA, ~10 in russia etc.

The best (for me) is to have bigger details in the volatile theatres to be able to simulate as many eras as possible.
Last edited by georgios on Mar 22 2017, edited 1 time in total.
amynase
Lt. Colonel

Post by amynase »

georgios wrote:Ok, but there is no need to have 3 - 4 subregions in britain, or 50+ in USA, ~10 in russia etc.
There isnt enough regions to do this either so it wont be ingame ;)

At most I could imagine Russia to have some loyal hexes for Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Poland etc.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

amynase is correct, we aren't adding more than we need for 1914 and what we need for 1914 won't leave many extras.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”