Sugg: Coups and financing opposition having more impact

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

Sugg: Coups and financing opposition having more impact

Post by Zuikaku »

financing opposition as it is now gives little results. Yes, we can cause sphere shifts on higher volatily levels but that works for democracies only. What about countless recent examples of financing coups and providing arms to opposition which we are unable to do in SR. My suggestions are:

Financing opposition may result in coups.
- after the successfull coup government is merged, friendly and the same type as the one of coup's sponsor
- failed coup attempt results in great CB gained against coup's sponsor
- coup results in release of all non loyal hexes to parent regions and ressurection of dead regions that owns non loyal hexes. Coup victim sometimes gets maximum CB to resurrected regions and regions that regained their hexes => resulting in wars (there are many historicall examples for this like russian revolution).
- active units and units stored in barracks in resurrected regions or ceded hexes may pass on that regions - loyalty switch.
- colonies may use coups to break off and become independant (random gov. type), CB to region they were colonies of.
- teach aI to do this too to regions it hates!

Supplying arms to opposition results in guerillas spawning in non loyal hexes.
-Teach AI to do this to regions it hates!
Please teach AI everything!
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Re: Sugg: Coups and financing opposition having more impact

Post by nick-bang »

Is it me: Presently, then I can see clear results or so I think if i finance ooposition, resistance and give them modern weapons ... ?
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Any plans in this area?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This feels to me like a feature more relevant to SRU than to SRGW. Any WWI related examples?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote:This feels to me like a feature more relevant to SRU than to SRGW. Any WWI related examples?
Germany founded russian revolution (coup). This resulted in Poland and Finland "ressurecting" and becoming independant (liberated) regions.
Arab uprising in Ottoman empire was supported by UK (resulted in "resurrection" of few dead regions).
Greece during WW1 is another example of foreign meddling.
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Post by way2co0l »

I'd definitely like for this feature to be more meaningful, without becoming outright broken as is so often the case in other games. Personally, I think the best option would be that rather than funding creating a continual effect, it should result in periodic random checks. You can improve the odds by spending, and if the check goes your way, it creates an increase in the disruption. You could get lucky with your funding and create several successful checks in a row leading to very tangible results, or you could continually fail your checks and get nothing out of it at all. Or you could get a success early, followed by several failures which allows the country to stabilize the situation. Chances should be determined by opposed spending, so if you spend enough to try to disrupt an enemy and they don't spend enough to protect themselves, your odds improve. If you don't spend enough and they do, your odds diminish. Even under the best of conditions the odds shouldn't be that high though. Stability should be the norm, and you'd have to put genuine effort (as well as a good helping of luck)into destabilizing them in any meaningful way.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”