SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Have a feature request for SRGW? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

Zuikaku
General
Human: Yes

SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Post by Zuikaku »

With work on new Supreme Ruler announced, maybe it is time for us to help BGs with some ideas.
While I know my reasons for doing this are very selfish, I can not help myself knowing BGs are patient :-)
Sorry for starting feature requests again :cry:

So, here it is:

1. Coal and oil burning ships. Very important resource shift for the era, but I don't think engine can handle this...

2. Make Suez canal, Bosporus straight and Singapure straights UN (international) zones (like Gibraltar which functions fine) to prevent ships of neutral countries being attacked. Regions that hold shores will be able to attack enemy ships in international waters anyway.

3. Expand Battle for Atlantic feature to every coastal region. By doing that we will be able to hunt merchies of every enemy region in oceans and seas adjacent to their shores (colonies included).

4. Further polishing of diplomacy.

5. AI more active in building industry if profitable resource hexes are available or goods are needed (if money and IGs are available)

6. AI building supply depots in unsupplied areas, especially on road and rail hexes.

7. Coal used by population (heating). When some techs are reached, usage of coal is abandoned.

8. Hexes can change loyalties to the region owned/ruled by over the time (influenced by social spendings, taxes, GDP, gov type and approval ratings).

9. Player can change gov type to all existing types when elections are lost. Also can change gov type anytime if monarchy, theocracy or dictatorship.

10. Max unit numbers per region is capped by AI stance, population and GDP. When CAP is reached ,no additional units are built
- during the peacetime more units are in reserve
- when region is at war, unit cap limit is off. When the war ends, excess units are placed to reserve and offered to allies, friends or neutrals before being scrapped.
- when new units are researched, outdated ones (red dot quality weighting by AI) are all withdrawn to reserve are sold to allies, friends and neutrals. Those not being sold are scrapped.
- this will improve game performance and prevent map from overfilling with units, especially in long term games :wink:

11. Max unit production facilities are capped by by AI stance, population and GDP.

12. Garrisons are getting stronger over the time (tech research as trigger) to be competitive with other infantry units in close attack and close defense.

13. AI capable of building airbases and airfields close to the borders to be able to project airpower (when it become available).

14. Naval AI :evil: Please, naval AI :-(

15. AI missile build sequence is hardcoded and needs serious revision:
- AI should build less nuclear warhead missiles and more conventionals (1:10 or 1:20 ratio)
- AI should build all launch and target missile types (not air launch only). In my current game it builds no naval attack missiles or naval launch or land launched. Except those with nuclear warheads |O

16. Financing opposition may result in coups.
- after the successfull coup government is merged, friendly and the same type as the one of coup's sponsor
- failed coup attempt results in great CB gained against coup's sponsor
- coup results in release of all non loyal hexes to parent regions and ressurection of dead regions that owns non loyal hexes. Coup victim sometimes gets maximum CB to resurrected regions and regions that regained their hexes => resulting in wars (there are many historicall examples for this like russian revolution).
- active units and units stored in barracks in resurrected regions or ceded hexes may pass on that regions - loyalty switch.
- colonies may use coups to break off and become independant (random gov. type), CB to region they were colonies of.
- teach aI to do this too to regions it hates!

17. Supplying arms to opposition results in guerillas spawning in non loyal hexes.
-Teach AI to do this to regions it hates!

18. AI not sending units to unsupplied hexes (Sahara, Siberia, Saudi Arabia, Tibet) en mass or without building supply depots as it advances.

19. Internal migrations - population migrating from empty hexes to city and industrial hexes.

20. AI knows how to liberate and colonize instead of annexing only.

21. Encouraging independance of colonies can spawn guerillas!

22. AI will send peace offers and accept peace more likely even if enagaged with combat, especially if low on units (lost situations)

23. Ending wars with losing loyal hexes may force government change.

More to come... :wink:
Last edited by Zuikaku on Mar 05 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Please teach AI everything!
makotech222
Warrant Officer

Re: SRGW wishlists, feature requests and suggestions

Post by makotech222 »

In addition to all said, please make the GUI more user friendly. Lots of things can be improved. First thing would be some kind of UI scale option. Playing on a modern 1440p screen is really hard. Many things could be made easier, like building stuff. Allowing to build more than one at a time would be super nice. Automating rail/road production would be super nice. As of now, I just crisscross across my country with rail, no real strategy whatsoever.

Haven't played SR in about 2 years or so, so i don't remember a lot of other issue i had, but there were lots i remember :D

I was hoping you guys would switch to a new engine like unity or xenko or something. SR engine is so very dated and seems to need a fresh start.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

makotech222 wrote:
I was hoping you guys would switch to a new engine like unity or xenko or something. SR engine is so very dated and seems to need a fresh start.
I would love to see SR on a new engine.. the issue is I'm not certain any available engines would be able to do what BG needs it to.. they would have to build a new engine from the ground up. Maybe SRGW will be a massive success and they will have the resources to do so.. here's hoping.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

I think that a build cap on unit productions facilities and unit cap would reduce late game lag significantly. As has been suggested, basing this on population levels and other factors like amount of hexes, GDP\c reserve personell should also be considered. Leaving enough room for the ministers to upgrade obsolete vehicles by adjusting this as a slider could also be beneficial, or at least making it modable.

Also, as has been states, please focus more on a naval AI. The AI as it is now is downright suicidal. There are no fleets and no tactics involved, leaving naval combat very prone to exploitation by the player.
I also agree that trade of resources should use the merchant marine, so that naval combat is more important to gameplay.

The AI should also prioritize building fortifications along their border and building air bases and supply depots in areas of poor supply, as has been mentioned. Most players rely heavily on aircraft for supplying units in the SR-series. This will not be possible in the GW timeframe. Thus, this should be an area that is focused on during playtesting and development.

I also hope we get to play around with gas. Even if it was not very effective as a weapon, it influenced the war and is one of the most noteworthy elements of the GW itself. leaving it out would take away a great bit of what made the GW the GW. It was the dawn of global combat on such a scale the world had never seen before. New terrifying weapons, like Zeppelins and Mustard Gas, machine guns and battleships. We need it all to fully appreciate that we are indeed playing a game set in the period.

Those are my nickels and cents! Really looking forward to follow the development of this game and supporting Battlegoat when it is released. I have owned, played and loved every game in the SR-series and am thrilled to hear that you have no given up on the series yet. I also hope this will enable you to develop a new game engine for Next Game. (SR2030?)

Kudos!
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

There are several things I wish would be changed in the next iteration, but for now, I will only request one. If you have a Stealth rating and it is still named Profile, please correct the numbers to reflect lower Profile equals greater Stealth. This is accurate, not as it is it now with higher profile equals higher Stealth. You could also just change the name back to Stealth from Profile. Then it would be correct again.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Hi, Just some ideas for the unit list.

During WWI, horses were used as transport units.Please can we have a horse transport unit, capable of loading up a artillery gun or Infantry Battalion, and transporting it at a reasonable pace across the map.

Also, the British imported a lot of Elephants from India to move/lift outsize loads (kind of like bulldozers)

What about armored or combat trains, and railway guns/howitzers?

Zeppelin bombers?

Thanks,

MB
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

First off, then let me recommend the Youtube channel "The Great War" - make sure to do PR for this game there. Ther are 545K subscribers to that channel ......

Hmmmmm .... this is a VERY historic game as OPPOSED to the baseline or expanded SR2020.

Which means that all changes have to make sense with the historical context. And is thus harder to emulate.

I agree with the shift from coal to Oil burning ships. But as I have remarked before in other contexts, then this is truly the age of coal...

However making the bosperus strait and Suez canal international makes NO sense.... Remember Gallipoli .... ??? Better to fix the MM problem once and for all instead.

The battle for the atlantic was actually smaller than in WW 2. In part due to the continued american threats of war because of german sinking of neutral shipping, and british manipulation of facts and american sentiments. In no small part because the british were the only ones to have a transatlantic communications cable.

I agree completely with expansion of diplomacy.

And to SOME degree that border regions can shift allegiance: for instance then Alsace-Lorraine IS Elsass-Lothringen. However I dont think Core provinces should be able to shift allegiance.

Also good idea with government change. Except for one little thing: Only ONE country did that in this timeframe. Namely Russian from Monarchy to dictatorship - so basically in that case famously from one dicatorship to another. Thus there should be huge external and internal consequences of a change ....

I agree with the population Cap - THAT was one of the defining facts and parameters of WW 1. However I disagree with automatic recall of outdated units - that wont work in a static trench situation. HOWEVER there should be an option to do it manually I think. So NOT a scrap of old units - that didnt happen in WW1 or 2. But I agree that the overfilling should be adressed.

Garrison units should never be able to attack, but sertainlty defend ?

Regarding Naval AI, then the WW 1 actually was characterized by some really stupid moves by both sides. Not least Churchills idiotic moves in the eastern mediterreanean. Having said that then I agree that the navies should be less ... stupid.

Coups sound like a brilliant idea - and one I am surpirsed is not already in game given the opportunity to finance opposition including with modern weapons.
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

nick-bang wrote: I agree with the population Cap - THAT was one of the defining facts and parameters of WW 1. However I disagree with automatic recall of outdated units - that wont work in a static trench situation. HOWEVER there should be an option to do it manually I think. So NOT a scrap of old units - that didnt happen in WW1 or 2. But I agree that the overfilling should be adressed.
Scrapping and unit cap woul'd be done only when region is not at war :wink:
nick-bang wrote: Also good idea with government change. Except for one little thing: Only ONE country did that in this timeframe. Namely Russian from Monarchy to dictatorship - so basically in that case famously from one dicatorship to another. Thus there should be huge external and internal consequences of a change ....
And Turkey and Germany and Austro-Hungary...
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

I would like see trenches...very "trendy" in WWI and a better naval IA...I never sawthe AI use carriers properly.
Last edited by dax1 on Mar 04 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Con forza ed ardimento
Draken
General

Post by Draken »

Unit Training

Unit Hierarchy

:D

sorry... couldn't resists
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"
-
Si vis pacem, para bellum
-
It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
Voltaire
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

:P

Training won't make it in.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

Balthagor wrote::P

Training won't make it in.
What will make it in? :evil: :D Throw us a bone! :D Selective unit trade? :D Are superior japanese forces in the game!? [_]B [_]B
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

So here's a few requests I have. First off, puppet states. What I mean by this is the ability to take any piece of land, and assign it to a custom made puppet state with no loyalty that you can name, choose the gov type for, and make a flag for. If this is too complex for the engine I would at least like to see the ability to give or take away hexes to or from your colonies, even if they have no loyalty. For example, Manchukuo, if I'm playing as Japan and Manchukuo is my colony, I should be able to give them any territory I control, even if its just hex by hex. (you could also implement doing it by battle zone).
Another idea would be the ability to ask for specific hexes or battle zones in a peace deal.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, a Russian Civil War scenario with the Don Republic, the Kuban People's Republic, the Mountainous Republic of the Caucasus, the Far East Republic, etc etc. Also, Courland and/or the United Baltic Duchy.
jakers
Sergeant

Post by jakers »

This is mostly for modern scenarios, I suppose that they'll be there.

I've asked for this small relations fix for Serbia for few years now in different topics, but it's still not fixed. Greece and Serbia have great real world relations, but in all Supreme Ruler games from 2020 they are shown as enemies. In real world Greece doesn't recognize Kosovo and is the only NATO country at the time that refused to bomb Serbia, so it sucks that you can't make Greece an ally when playing as Serbia.., you can, but you have to spend a lot of money and time on improving relations from 0%... In the great war, Greece was a crucial ally (it accepted several hundred thousand Serb army and civilian refugees, who then fought from their territory to liberate Serbia from Austria and Bulgaria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_a ... gh_Albania ), so it should be fixed at least in SR(T)GW.

Serbia is also shown as having awful relations with Ukraine and Georgia, even though that makes zero sense.

Here are the countries Serbia should have the best relations with:
- Russia
- Greece
- China
- Cyprus
- Belarus
- Romania
- other pro-Russian countries like Iran, Syria,etc.

Worst relations with:
- Albania and Kosovo
- Croatia
- Bosnia
- Turkey
- USA, Germany, UK,etc.

Neutral with:
- Bulgaria
- Hungary
- Italy

There's a wikipedia page titled international recognition of Kosovo, basically whoever recognized Kosovo is in not that good relations with Serbia and who didn't, is.
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

My Wish List:

1. Facilities reconstruction: Enemy facilities get damaged while being captured and do not auto repair. AI even never ever bother to repair any facilities if they invade some country or reconquer their land. AI should be able to repair the captured/damaged facilities.
2. Buying Excessive Weapons From AI: User should be able to buy some of their reserved weapons from AI without getting into an alliance.
3. Upgraded Weapons: Updating the inventory of all countries will also be a nice step. For instance, Egypt bought or going to buy, 24 Rafale fighter jets, a naval frigate; 2 French-made Mistral naval helicopter carriers, 46 Kamov Ka-52 attack helicopters; 762 MaxPro MRAPS, 50 Mig-35 Fighter jets, and 4 U-209 submarines.
4. Updated Stats: Updating economy and resources related stats will also be a good step, for instance, Pakistan GDP will grow by 5% in 2017 from 4.45%. New shale oil & gas reserves of around 20 TCF and 385 million barrels of oil were also recently found.
5. Upgrading Graphics: A little less gloomy UI is also a must.
6. New Cheats: "cheat Saddam" can be used to start a war between two random countries. All I want is a new cheat to start a war between countries of my choice.
Last edited by Aawish on Mar 05 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Suggestions - SRGW”