sugg: Limiting unit production!

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

amynase
Major
Human: Yes

Re: sugg: Limiting unit production!

#46 Post by amynase » Jul 21 2017

@Devs

Since you mentioned in your latest video on mean Steam reviews that you get many mean reviews for game speed reasons, and that you know the number of units is directly related to this, may I bump this thread and ask if this suggestion will make it into SRGW?

If so, can we expect it on release day or will it be delivered with a later update? Is there any chance it will be ported back to SRU? And which of the ways of assigning unit numbers to countries that were suggested in this thread will be used?

Thank you :)

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#47 Post by Balthagor » Jul 21 2017

Nothing to announce on this topic for release.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Zuikaku
General

#48 Post by Zuikaku » Jul 23 2017

Balthagor wrote:Nothing to announce on this topic for release.
And after release? Any plans on this area?
Please teach AI to liberate and colonize instead of only annexing!

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

#49 Post by Balthagor » Jul 23 2017

As usual, I won't discuss things that haven't been locked down and tested, I've learned my lesson on that many years ago.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

geminif4ucorsair
General

Re: Population base as key factor

#50 Post by geminif4ucorsair » Aug 07 2017

POPULATION has always been the key criteria determining how much manpower is allocated, drafter, etc. into military service.

Other factors (money, etc.) become secondary. And, how would you determine for the AI what the infantry, vehicle, air, naval mix should be as it relates to all these other proposed factors? It is not practical for BG to attempt to engineer this,
in using more than one factor: population of the country or combined countries eliminated.

As example: In my current SR-36, Japan has conquered China, occupies all of Indo-China, Dutch East Indies (NEI), Soviet Union (occupies land east of Moscow, Romania occupies most Western Russia lands west of Moscow), Finland, North Africa, Italy, Djibouti, Somalia, Madagascar, southern half of Ethiopia, and a few smaller areas.
How would the AI combine any other basic criteria than population?
And, even some of these areas Japan does not control all the lands (as with some of western Soviet Union).

It just seem too daunting a task, to create some criteria, and even get half of us to agree, on what is reasonable.

Simply thing the idea is beyond the small BG crew, that otherwise brings us a great series of games, and there are greater priorities.

My view only. 8)

amynase
Major

#51 Post by amynase » Sep 10 2018

Just wanted to ask if this idea is still being considered by the Devs?

Return to “Development - SRGW”