BGForums

BattleGoat Studios
It is currently Jun 27 2017

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Apr 19 2017 
Brigadier Gen.

Human: Yes
Map Editor can be the next BG title by itself and it would be the most succsessfull item of the series.

PostPosted: Apr 20 2017 
General

georgios wrote:
Map Editor can be the next BG title by itself and it would be the most succsessfull item of the series.

IF they were Paradox the map editor would be a 15$ DLC.. just saying :lol:

PostPosted: Apr 21 2017 
Colonel

Fistalis wrote:
georgios wrote:

Personally I could see it being one of their large DLC packages so it would have a $20 price tag.

Yes I do consider that realistic considering they already are charging $9.99 for that barely working mess that is the CK2 >EU4 save game converter.

PostPosted: May 23 2017 
Colonel

Late reply to this, I know. lol. But the honest truth is that I wouldn't even mind paying that price for a supreme ruler map editor that provided the kind of functionality I'd want. I've listed those requests elsewhere so won't repeat them here, but I agree with Georgios in the fact that it would easily be the most successful release item for them. lol. Guaranteed purchase on my part at least.

PostPosted: Jun 04 2017 
Warrant Officer

When will SRGW release? Any timeline/deadline?

PostPosted: Jun 07 2017 
Colonel

Fistalis wrote:
georgios wrote:

I would pay any price for a map editor, the only thing holding me back from modding is that its so repetitive and hard to judge if what you're doing is working.

Brigadier Gen.

Cdiplayer wrote:
Fistalis wrote:
georgios wrote:

I would pay any price for a map editor, the only thing holding me back from modding is that its so repetitive and hard to judge if what you're doing is working.

+1

I would be so happy to be able to make some minor changes myself, but learning curve and lack of user friendliness in modding SR holds me from even thinking of beginning.

Colonel

I guess mr. Latour might find a market for a $5.000 map editor after all.

More serious I agree that the greatest limitation for the modding community is that most people simply do not find manually editing textfiles to be very fun. Personally I am quite happy that I can get away with as little of it as I currently am.

PostPosted: Jun 10 2017 
Captain

I thought BG was dead. Dusted off Ultimate and decided to check out the forum afterwards... and I come across this fantastic news! It feels like Christmas. So stoked for this!

PostPosted: Jun 14 2017 
Private

Please make more use of Spies, right now the only thing they really excel at in game is simply recon, until they're caught.

Espionage and Sabotage need workin' on.

I haven't actually tried Sabotage on a bridge, but that would be interesting.

Assassination, cabinet ministers, even potential leaders, purely affecting relations mainly, giving provocation for war, WWI obviously. Maybe the introduction of a leader unit that has no real function but to be stationed in a hex. It would be a target for all intents and purposes, it could have a production bonus modifier to increase output around it, that way it might make sense to go on tour with it, or even a relation modifier if you have a transit treaty with a friendly, or allied nation.

Espionage, set law enforcement to 100, build a security bureau, and voila no need to worry about partisans/spies...c'mon' now

Relations need work in this game too, literally this game is all about money, and while throwing said money helps gov-gov relations, the populace still doesn't budge in their opinion normally.

I feel like the funding a supporting government, or funding revolution, aka opposition, encourage independence etc. has really no impact save relations, it does seem to make a funded government like you after a while, but that is no promise to the populace, and I can't recall it causing any revolution or declaration of independence for any colony that wasn't already going to do so regardless.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but playing as the Empire of the Rising Sun in a WWI setting to me just seems like a dream, a golden opportunity to get things expanded in the south pacific before America had too much power their, they should have taken the east indies and new guinea when they took Qingdao aka Tsingtao.