Rodina Rising

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Leafgreen
Colonel

Re: Rodina Rising

Post by Leafgreen »

I have 7 Nanyun transports total, 5 in the black sea and 2 based in the far east. My western 5 begin loading 30 BTR-II each and moving them to Mexico for joint training maneuvers with Mexico and Cuba. After taking back the western neighbors Russia would have to stop and lay low for a while, pushing further west would make the world respond in reality. The only way I could probably take that many countries and get away with it is because of the game economy situation, i'm betting countries would be more focused on 'fix ourselves, why spend money and troops on them' attitude unless it looked like WW4 was about to happen.

Meanwhile I move my other active BTR-II back to North Korea, I will 'assist' them in border control again. Last time I did not expect NK and China to help SK, nor US and Japan to have free run inside NK. The war preparedness forced me to stop and I did not have enough modern forces made but I did reduce China to a 1 dot military and probably not a threat which has made me feel safer in the east since then. Now I am ready to go back for a longer period and hopefully do the same to the other large militaries of the world. I'd like to temporarily take back the land and air units from my colonies since they are irreplaceable and not needed for this fight, but you know how trading for units is so hopefully they don't 'help' me too much in this fight.

I forgot to scrap all of the unit production facilities I gained from the Baltics, it totaled 3/0/0/0 and they were on for a week. This is the result. Is it possible that diplomacy on hard just accelerates the changes -good or bad- by 5x?

The aid provided to NK in securing their border was a great success but eventually US units stopped coming and Cuban units started to come so it was put on hold again on July 24, 2034. Throughout the 'exercise' I would have been screaming (quietly, as I am sure all the nations fighting there would have been hiding that action) about my horrific loss of aid workers attempting to humanely apprehend immigrants attempting to cross the border. I lost zero units, but if the world was getting slaughtered and knew I had lost nothing while gaining lots of experience they might start looking at a nuclear option or a joint pre-emptive strike against me. So I would think.

300 BTR-II and 100 9K62/S-400 Triumf are in Mexico taking part in the HAHA Proto-Canada Burned Your Capital exercises. Maybe this will become a yearly joint exercise. Another 150 BTR-II will be arriving to take part in the exercise as well.

(If I take the US over with light casualties I'm going to call it and post the save file, US has by far the largest military left and after I take them out the outcome is pretty clear for the world - plus I have a much harder, creative and cool house ruleset for next game)
"That's O'neill, with two l's"
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Jan 10, 2035.

MAR 100%, DAR 38.3%, GDP/c $45k, inflation 21.9%, unemployment 2.1% (killing me).
Immigration 8.2m, emigration 532, 8.6m births (14m with no education funding) and 2.2m deaths. 92% Literacy.

US has a 7 dot military active, 51.3% MAR, 12.1% DAR, $7,600 GDP/c, -5.5% inflation, 14% unemployment. -106,171.792m bank. 94.9% world market/delighted and 3.8% subsidy.

It will begin in California. 9K62 and a few S-400 will hold the line while a few BTR-II hop across and grab their attention. Spies will provide spotting for artillery.

The war goes well. US is down to a 4 dot active military, mostly planes and ships. I am not advancing but the Battle for L.A. is going well. By minister controlled turncoat American units that joined me and are now owning the area with the higher military funding/military bonus techs.

US military approval rating is at 1.1%, I've never seen a MAR go so low. Heck with it, turning this war over to minister control.

ImageImage
Last edited by Leafgreen on Jul 13 2018, edited 4 times in total.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
SteamSupreme
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Post by SteamSupreme »

This is involved and quite a story!
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

March 12, US offers unconditional peace. I decline.

August, i'm in trouble. With the captured land leeching off of me I am producing half the power needed so I set all domestic prices to 200% markup, turn off consumer goods completely. I can still only produce half the oil needed for my units. I have set initiative to High, loss tolerance to High, contact options to Engage, set some nearby hotspots, made sure the US is set for aggressive combat theater and still most of the units are sitting around in the barracks playing cards. That would save on fuel but now lone American units are taking back land while my army stands idly. Luckily Germany has landed in the NE and taking land. Giving the minister control was a bad move.

(Holds up 3 fingers)
bowtie
Lieutenant

Post by bowtie »

The debt situation in this game is absolutely rediculous.

Every time I look at the budgets:

Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

Seems putting the minister in control was not the problem, problem was the player. Letting all my happy Russians party all day and night with no taxes and full social assistance had them leaving every light on in the houses all day and night, throwing out appliances when they got a scratch and getting new ones, etc. So capitalistic. I chopped all social assistance to 0 and infrastructure down from 1024% to around 150%, raised taxes to 80% and let them know who is boss.

At first I was producing 13 million barrels per day and 17 million were wanted just for the citizens, never mind the leftover petrol power plants and goods factories or my MILITARY! After 3 weeks they started to toe the line and my units started moving again. Restarted consumer goods production and everything is under the production limits with an acceptable buffer between max there and max production.

January 1

February 1

March 1

April 1

May 1

I give minister control of all forces. Why not, in for a pinch...
And I realize that I set western US as a high priority aggressive target but not the eastern. Oops.

June 1

July 1

August 1

August 19th I took DC.

September 1

Colonized on September 3.
I am thinking all the dislike is because I have taken production facilities and not turned them off.

Yeah, I broke the diplomacy part of the game for sure.
Last edited by Leafgreen on Jul 16 2018, edited 2 times in total.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I took some hits there from minister brilliance. Sending 1 unit to attack while 60 sit around the barracks, etc. And most are from the starting fight against Ukraine and some from the later fight in South Korea.

Worst on-hand funds.

Best GDP/C

Calling it. With broken diplomacy and most of the units in the world dead, I am supreme with 1k surviving land units, half of those BTR-II. I have taken over my chosen enemy and the rest are just mopping up. The shocker (for me) is that I only used 1 nuclear weapon!

And now I am left wondering if units changing sides is a glitch after all. Maybe if their country's MAR is really low and they find themselves in enemy land (arty, aa) or unloading from a merchant marine in enemy land they have a chance to defect and that is an actual intended mechanism?

After my first time giving minister control of my military I am unhappy. Yes, the minister did a good job BUT all units sent to repair (initiative high, unit damage sustained high) went to repair and never came back out. I had to keep ordering all units to deploy and sending them back to the front lines where the minister would take control of them again. Otherwise I have no complaints.
(Holds up 3 fingers)
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Leafgreen wrote: Jul 13 2018 ...
And now I am left wondering if units changing sides is a glitch after all. Maybe if their country's MAR is really low and they find themselves in enemy land (arty, aa) or unloading from a merchant marine in enemy land they have a chance to defect and that is an actual intended mechanism?
Units changing sides: check this
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 96#p182671

And thank you for your AAR - are you able to make a screenshot with alt+print in fullscreen or only in windowed mode ?
I think that if you like a harder game you need to make economy easy for AI, remove the oceans and remove rubber as a resource
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
Leafgreen
Colonel

Post by Leafgreen »

I can do window+print screen. Yeah, I know those red numbers are hard to read. Unfortunately I don't see any real improvement with window+print.

Full screen and alt-print, window-print just ignore the game. Messed around with that before, only way I can get a screenshot of a game is if in windowed mode that I've ever been able to figure out. Irfanview has a lot of print view options too. =/

Since I've found a few tricks that let me win easily it's hard to find a serious game vs the AI, all you have to do is turtle up and get a few techs, a few good unit designs and the world is yours. But that's always the way of it vs an AI, and vs players I can't see them keeping up the interest for a real game which could take a loooooong time. I used to play a PBM (play by MAIL) game called Victory! in '87 that took about 2 weeks between turns, i'm getting old. :-)

windows + print in windowed mode. Ineffective in full screen, same with alt+print.

(Holds up 3 fingers)

Return to “After Action Reports”