AAR Ideas?

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ater
Colonel
Human: Yes

AAR Ideas?

Post by Ater »

Ideas?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Ricent1
Captain

Re: AAR Ideas?

Post by Ricent1 »

I'm toying with Japan in 1936 as my next AAR. An island seems easier to defend than a land-locked nation. Beef up artillery and AA and destroy anything that tries to invade the 4 big islands. Create a substantial invasion force and take other islands like Philippines and even Australia. Become self-sufficient in commodities and then cry havoc and unleash the dogs of war. Fend off China until you are ready to take them on.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Yea, I considered Japan.... I was discouraged by the fact that they generally get steamrolled by China. And call me weird but I don't like playing dictatorships :D . I never have any long term games where I am not democracy, I don't know why but it just annoys me :lol:
If I were you I would go for something like Australia or New Zealand first.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
ZEvans96
Major

Post by ZEvans96 »

Japan gets steamrolled by China because it lacks a human to take control of the military lol
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

ZEvans96 wrote:Japan gets steamrolled by China because it lacks a human to take control of the military lol
Yea I guess, but I don't have patience to do that.
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

im thinking of reviving this AAR in ultimate once i figure out what my ASU schedule is going to look like and if there will be time (college, internship, and a possible PTSD book will all be happening at once, so i may not have time to write the aars and do a good job of it.)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 74&t=23185

japan is a fun one, especially if you add some 'randomness' to it. pick who to possibly ally with by rolling the dice (literally) or instead of invading china by default, maybe put attacking american islands or Russian territory and/or deploying japanese troops to europe and Africa to support the axis as options in a hat and pick one out as what the emperor ordered (you can add one event multiple times to increase its odds, based on what happened in real life, but with one of the others slipped in there as another direction to add variance--also try to put in things that you may not have done normally. the same can be done to decide your tech path, or between two similar units to research/build. Also, it doesnt have to just be japan, you can do it with anyone.

hope those ideas help.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

medic911 wrote:im thinking of reviving this AAR in ultimate once i figure out what my ASU schedule is going to look like and if there will be time (college, internship, and a possible PTSD book will all be happening at once, so i may not have time to write the aars and do a good job of it.)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 74&t=23185

japan is a fun one, especially if you add some 'randomness' to it. pick who to possibly ally with by rolling the dice (literally) or instead of invading china by default, maybe put attacking american islands or Russian territory and/or deploying japanese troops to europe and Africa to support the axis as options in a hat and pick one out as what the emperor ordered (you can add one event multiple times to increase its odds, based on what happened in real life, but with one of the others slipped in there as another direction to add variance--also try to put in things that you may not have done normally. the same can be done to decide your tech path, or between two similar units to research/build. Also, it doesnt have to just be japan, you can do it with anyone.

hope those ideas help.
Those do help! I was wondering if there was anyway to make Japan in 1936 align with Allies?
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

i did not get far enough into my 36 game (pre ultimate) before i had to start worrying about school more and got derailed. I would hope that, with a human player as japan, there would be no automatic DoW on USA. (just in case i was going to position my naval and marine forces near Hawaii and make it part of the narrative that the military acted on their own--as they did in some real situations too.

After several years of trade, tech deals, and making no threatening actions, i actually had decent relations with the usa without trying to ally specifically. so i assume that, if theres no automatic DoW when you play as japan, allies with USA is a possible event.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

I have always been curious if Pearl Harbor was an event on here...
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

I know that if Japan is around still, they declare war on Us on December 7th. If China eliminates them, the U.S. enters the war on December 8th without any real explanation. I have considered being Canada after this latest update and send a warship to Hawaii in late '41 and just see what happens. Not to mention the Battle of Midway as well.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

That brings me to the idea of a 1936 Canada AAR. !!!

Return to “After Action Reports”