Angola AAR... and my first AAR ever!

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

ricardocascaldi
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Angola AAR... and my first AAR ever!

Post by ricardocascaldi »

Hello guys! I'm Ricardo, but you can call me Richard.

I'm brazilian and I've been playing Supreme Ruler series since 2020, didn't like Cold War and didn't have the interest in buying 1936.. but man! Supreme Ruler Ultimate is the game I've been waiting for a long time and I do belive that the development team is giving it's best to deliver an amazing game experience!

Well.. my english is not the best in the world, so, sorry If I write something wrong! :roll:

Let's go then! :-)

This game is being played in Supreme Ruler Global Crisis game with the following settings:

No loyalty
electricity sales on (since some countries, like Brazil and Paraguay, have deals on this subject)
no allied victories
no enhanced spotting or ranges
no weather
no diplomatic merchant marines
funds low
resources dwindling
critical international opinion on
random events very high
hot relations high
military very hard
economy default
diplomacy very easy

This game is not going to be played wih focus on conquering the world, I will try to play It as much as the real world, so I won't have thousands of fighters and the biggest army on earth. [_]O Neither gonna have F-35 if my economy doesn't support It ( sorry americans) |O

Consider It a try... I don't know how long I'll hold myself and then start conquering everybody. [_]B

And Hey! The official language of Angola is Portuguese, so I'll be alright naming my ships... hehhee

The story everybody knows: Angola is an Petroleum produccer (the second biggest in the south region of Africa, behind Nigeria), but It is still a poor country in the world.

In the game we have:

Agriculture OK
Rubber NONE
Timber OK
Petroleum OK
Coal NONE
Metal Ore OK
Uranium NONE
Energy LOW
Con Goods NONE
Ind Goods NONE
Mil Goods NONE

Not the best situation in the world, but we have a very resource rich country in our hands!

We don't have a good relationship with most of our neighbourhoods, but we don't have casus belli either, so I think It'll be OK for now.

Gabon ( north of our territory) and South Africa seems to provide some opportunity for trade and regional alliances.

Brazil should be a little bit more alligned with us. Since SRU is still in development, I think they didn't add some of the brazillians units yet, 'cos they only show designs older than my grandma...

Out units:

Army a lot of old things.
Air Force some old, but good planes.
Navy: patrol boats and no usefull transports.

I'll be scrapping a lot of units, 'cos in reality I don't belive that Angola has the necessary maintanance for then today, and untill 2020 they would be already very bad to fight anything.

New treaties untill January 16 with Gabon, Congo, South Africa and Djibout for line of sight, free flow of labor force, free trade and land, air and sea transit.

Started researching Improved Waste Management and Fluoridated Water Supply in order to develop our infraestructure and help improve our healthcare.

Started building first ind goods facility, but we're going to need energy to run this.

Made Alliance and mutual defence with Gabon and Congo, I want to unify those powerless countries!
Only alliance with South Africa.

A LOT OF WARS AROUND THE WORLD!

INDIA and North Korea are gone. I'm surprised that India just felt apart..

All for this post. Still getting used with those links...

See you soon!
ricardocascaldi
Sergeant

Re: Angola AAR... and my first AAR ever!

Well, the game is still without of a lot of units. |O
I don't know If I'm going to continue that or start another AAR in 1936... what do you think guys?

Just made mutual defense with South Africa, they are not fighting everyone... still a lot of wars and a lot of countries gone.

My objectives:

1- Improve diplomacy
2- Develop my tech
3- Become a nuclear energy producer ( this may involve conquering Namibia and It's uranium reserves!)
4- Develop my navy (the less powerfull branch of my armies)
5- Develop land based units and sell some for african nations
6- Get economy going
7- Build a better airforce
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

If you switch to 1936, you won't be able to play Angola. They are a colony of Portugal in the 30s, if I remember. I believe there are only 4 independent African nations on any game before 2020, even Cold War.

I am surprised how liked you are by neighbors. When I play 2020, Angola is always one of the first nations to become embroiled in war.

Playing your home country of Brazil in 1936 would be challenging. There are numerous nations in South America that swing way to the left or way to the right ideologically. You would find yourself in the same position as Getulio Vargas, appeasing both sides.

I guess it eventually led to his suicide. No pressure!

Have fun. This is a great game. I have bought numerous grand strategy titles from Steam, but haven't played a single one yet. I keep getting drawn back to this one!
ricardocascaldi
Sergeant

Yep! Supreme Ruler series is just amazing.

It'll be more amazing when we have a very intelligent AI, but the improvements made from 2020 to Ultimate are very good!

I'm just a little bit confused with so much information on the screen! In 2020 It's appeared a little bit cleaner...

And oh yes, Brazil in 1936 must be very interesting and maybe I can even tell you guys some things about the country, but It would be more fun in the modern world, since I know a lot more than I know about 30's 40's...

Well... Maybe I'll use It as a Christmas Project!{

Return to “After Action Reports”