Nigeria - Dominating Africa

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ater
Colonel
Human: Yes

Nigeria - Dominating Africa

Post by Ater »

Nation: Nigeria
Scenario: 2020 - Global Crisis
Loyalty Penalties: Off
Volatility: High
Victory Setting: Capital
All other settings are default.

After a landslide election Nigeria looks to it's new leader to solve the many problems within the country, low social spending, emigration, and lack of power of are just a few. Will I, the Nigerian president, be able to lead the dying country to African Dominance?

I will first turn my attention to the economy and domestic approval. I am building multiple facilities that will hopefully not ruin the economy completely, but fix it. A large stockpile of oil will majorly increase the treasury and GDP.

After some economy tweaking and a lot of exporting, Nigeria has the largest treasury!

The UN warns all nations to have their guard up do to tensions erupting all over the globe, China and North Korea are now at war with South Korea. Turkey and Iran have recently went to war as well.

Nigeria is slowly but steadily building up their military to pay more attention to our own agenda.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Ricent1
Captain

Re: Nigeria - Dominating Africa

Post by Ricent1 »

Intriguing... Where'd you get all the cash?
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

georgeww of course :)
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Ricent1 wrote:Intriguing... Where'd you get all the cash?
Xbwalker wrote:georgeww of course :)
Ha ha no. I had a large stockpile of oil at the beginning of the game, I made most of my money off of that. I wouldn't use cheats on an AAR :P.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Small Update, not much happened.

I have been trying to increase tensions with my neighbors so I wouldn't be hated by the UN for killing them. Hopefully if I get a high enough domestic rating I won't be in too much trouble.

Quickly I became the superior power in the region.

I spent billions on technology and research and hopefully my economy can recover from this short spending spree...
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Trading for techs is good too. Make really close friends with one of the big powers and trade with them. They sell techs for a 90% discount.
Ricent1
Captain

Post by Ricent1 »

Look for petroleum-starved and technologically advanced nations. A match made in heaven!
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Ricent1 wrote:Look for petroleum-starved and technologically advanced nations. A match made in heaven!
Haha good idea!
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

I accidentally deleted this file! :-( :cry:

I will start another AAR but it won't be Nigeria, although I may redo this AAR sometime in the future.

Return to “After Action Reports”