US World Domination

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

nerdymidgetkid
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: US World Domination

Post by nerdymidgetkid »

Awesome AAR, I love your style. Please continue!
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Below are a few major techs we are researching. Electric Drive Systems will allow us to convert our entire navy away from uranium which is very expensive.

Were playing without extended ranges or extended spotting so radar advancements have been a priority.

E-Tech Systems allow for game changing artillery to be brought to the battlefield. They seem to never run out of ammo and seem to be
more direct when firing, leaving facilities intact. There are also many other benefits of this technology.

Cellular Robotics and the tech that follows will change the battlefield and this planet forever. Very expensive but whoever owns it first will dominate
Last edited by D.B. Cooper on Nov 27 2014, edited 2 times in total.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Last edited by D.B. Cooper on Nov 27 2014, edited 1 time in total.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Last edited by D.B. Cooper on Nov 27 2014, edited 3 times in total.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

We underestimated Guatemala and failed our men on the ground. A better support system will be deployed to the theater. That unit was lost needlessly.
We lost nearly as many men against Guatelama as we did with Mexico... |O

D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Last edited by D.B. Cooper on Nov 27 2014, edited 3 times in total.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Im having a problem taking screenshots if anyone knows a solution...

When I mouse over somthing that pops up, everytime I take a screenshot it disapears for some reason. Anyone know how to fix that?

Like when I mouse over the economy graph to show my inflation and unemployment, everytime I take the screenshot it goes away. I have disabled steam
screenshots and tried Fraps by itself and still with just Fraps it dissapears, any help on this or my failing economy would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

After a few weeks the economy started to improve, while still losing money just not as bad. The only thing profitable is consumer goods, so we make
as many as we can without flooding the market.

D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

fabiorizzo
Sergeant

Post by fabiorizzo »

Why scrap everything?
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

I scrap all production buildings due to the loyalty penalty in other countries. I'll rebuild them inside my original border when needed. This should lower our costs for production.
Aragos
General

Post by Aragos »

what is killing your economy:

--The hit to your World Market subsidy. As you go on a rampage, it drops quickly. So you lose that bonus.
--The increase social costs of larger (non-US) populations. Basically, you are paying billions a day in education, etc. for all the conquered territory, just like you do the USA itself. This is probably your biggest cost.

Hint: Go to "Actions Against" a target country and "Support Opposition." It will raise Casus Belli against the target country, which means you take less of a hit to your relations with the World Market. Play it correctly, and the world will love you as you conquer it :)
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Aragos wrote:Hint: Go to "Actions Against" a target country and "Support Opposition." It will raise Casus Belli against the target country, which means you take less of a hit to your relations with the World Market. Play it correctly, and the world will love you as you conquer it :)
This only works with a US-sized economy because it costs a huge amount of money. :wink:
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Aragos wrote:what is killing your economy:

--The hit to your World Market subsidy. As you go on a rampage, it drops quickly. So you lose that bonus.
--The increase social costs of larger (non-US) populations. Basically, you are paying billions a day in education, etc. for all the conquered territory, just like you do the USA itself. This is probably your biggest cost.

Hint: Go to "Actions Against" a target country and "Support Opposition." It will raise Casus Belli against the target country, which means you take less of a hit to your relations with the World Market. Play it correctly, and the world will love you as you conquer it :)
Thanks for the tip. I haven't lowered my social spending yet so that should help. Now that you mention it, I realize my social spending is going to be a much larger portion of the budget so just small drops could save me much more than before, reducing the negative effect.

Nixon"s evil side: "I wonder if bombing every city we take, killing as many civs as possible before we claim the city would reduce our "new" costs incured for social services..."

Hmmm....seems like there would be fewer new civs sucking up all of our resources.

Also I'm not sure why but even after taking over so many countries the whole world decided to align with us...Fear?

Return to “After Action Reports”