AAR Tips and Tricks

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

D.B. Cooper
Captain
Human: Yes

AAR Tips and Tricks

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I am very new to posting on forums and obviously uploading pics. I have thre free version of fraps and am thinking of buying it, but will it fix my problem?

I have office 365 with powerpoint online so do most of my AAR's on that and just post a link, but when i try to upload my photos onto the forums here my KB limit is like 256!!, im having to zoom way in on my pics to be able to upload them and they are in PNG format, would buying Fraps and using JPEG make the file size any smaller?

Anyways any tips of doing AAR's would be great as i have a few in the process, just arent sure the best way to get em on the forum. EVERY good photo I have is to large for the forums, thanks everyone!!!
Kristijonas
Brigadier Gen.

Re: AAR Tips and Tricks

Post by Kristijonas »

Hi! I'm using this website to upload images that I make with FRAPS: http://imgur.com/ then I simply post the link to the image itself here on the forum between [img]<Place%20for%20the%20link%20without%20these%20triangle%20brackets>[/img] As you can see from my Lithuanian AAR, full size is seen on pretty good quality.
medic911
Major

Post by medic911 »

One of the older guys thats been doing this a while recommended photobucket as a free site to upload pictures. im not too fond of it, but it works for what i do here. not familiar with the site the other guy suggested, but if it is free and allows lots of pics, go for it, i'll look into switching myself!

Off topic, but how do you like the new office.... i have a chance to get it for free, but I don't want to screw with what I have or have to worry about it messing with my manuscripts upgrading. Is it worth it?
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Wow Office 365 is quite impressive to me, my biggest thing is its cloud based so no matter where im at i have access to everything, even on my phone. This is very important to me for at work. Im the GM at a local heating and air company here and loaded it on 8 computers at work, everything we do is on the cloud now. It comes with 2 free web domains and now i have our techs all able to log on to a "Team Website" where we all can stay connected, pass messages share our stories about the calls they run or problems. Its really changed the way we operate. We just moved into a new building 2 weeks ago and purchased 2 new computers loaded 365 onto them and it did the rest. Without having to transfer hard drives everything on the old PC's were already on the new ones through 365... Oh and btw i play ALOT of pc games like this and getting 365 is what got me to try out powerpoint and all the new options at my disposal for doing some awesome stuff with my city journals from sim city 4 and AAR's from SR...which is why after years and years of reading these forums i have finally decided to join in...still working on shortening my posts though lol.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Kristijonas wrote:Hi! I'm using this website to upload images that I make with FRAPS: http://imgur.com/ then I simply post the link to the image itself here on the forum between Image As you can see from my Lithuanian AAR, full size is seen on pretty good quality.

Test......!!!!!! Muahahaha!!!!! Your awesome, i just learned something thanks so much. You do have to pay $25 a year for more options, but now i can edit the photo with office 365 then use this to get it on the forum. 8)

Oh and if your wondering that pic is from SR36 using the amazing Modern World mod...Mexico lasted about 4 days with Amphibious landings on both sides of the country, storming the US border and massive airdrops at the capitol.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

More awesome AARs for me to read incoming, outstanding!
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

I dont want to start another thread for this because i had to quit the game and start over.
This is something i was putting together on Powerpoint, but it was interactive on there, alot of moving parts. so ill just post what i had its only a few pages and start a new one. The reason i quit this was i had the economic difficulty on hard and after the first year my budget was out of control. For some reason my social spending was spiking every day by the billions no matter what i did with production or taxes. I would lower it by 500 Billion and in two days it was back up 500 Billion, the cycle just wouldnt end. I restarted on normal difficulty and dont notice the issue, so here it is...or was

There was more but i wont bore you with it, I deleted it and am working on a new one. Im not sure if i should just make simple screenshots or just provide a link to the powerpoint presentation, which is interactive. Its more like a timeline with icons you can click to show you what the economy or research or anything else is doing, or just choose to go to the next slide skipping the details...its pretty cool, I just have never posted one on a forum before.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

So i swapped out my 18" monitor for a 24". Now i see how small my previous pics were...is this to big?
I added some pics below at diffenent zoom levels.
I need some direction on what size photo is best to use when posting, any suggestions? thanks!!

LOL original size

D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Any suggestions on the best picture size to use?

Also any suggestions on how many pics per post is normal, that way there isnt 100 photos on one single page...

Any ideas?

Return to “After Action Reports”