Guatemala - A New Central American Empire

Share your stories of conquests and leadership successes.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

D.B. Cooper
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Guatemala - A New Central American Empire

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Very nice, look forward to seeing this continue
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

A quick update here.

Feb 23 1951 - Now that the last of the Axis is out of the picture, I took the opportunity to seize the lands of Nicaragua and Honduras. I stopped at Costa Rica due to my terrible relations with most of the world. Apparently, they don't like the idea of a Guatemalan empire :)

On the bright side, I now have 6 land production facilities. Plenty to grow a conquering army.

It's time to take on one of the big boys.
As you can see, Mexico is not too fond of me.

To encourage them along, I kicked them and their embassy out of my country.

Now we sit back, continue economic growth, and wait for Mexico to get angry.

Currently I am
16th In Technology
Making about 5-10mil per day in positive balance
Have an active force of about 5,000 soldiers including a significant number of Capital ships from the conquered Japanese Navy.
3 Research Centers

Next goals (aside from conquering Mexico).
Bring consumer goods and power back into positive production.
Bring inflation down to under 5% (Currently 8%)
Get into the top 20 GDP earners.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Nice! I never thought that I would be this interested in an AAR. I can't wait to read more! :-)
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

There's more. I am on a business trip and all my screenshots are at home :(

I'll have more updates on Monday.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Xbwalker wrote:There's more. I am on a business trip and all my screenshots are at home :(

I'll have more updates on Monday.
Aww, can't wait to see!
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

July 13 1952 - Ok, Mexico won't bite. It is time to take matters into our own hands. WAR!!

Here is the plan.
Phase 1 - Four Battalions will move to sieze the bridge connecting Tobasco and Chiapas. Once this is done, 2 will move back to take Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo provinces. It is believe that these areas will be lightly defended being mostly rural and without any barracks.
Phase 2 - This will happen simultaneously with phase 1. 10+ battalions will move slowly up to the west and east of Lake Belisario Dominguez. It provides a great natural barrier and allows us to cover more area with infantry.
Phase 3 - Once the lines are secure, both armies will link up and move north to take the oil fields in Tobasco and the rest of Chiapas.
Phase 4 - Once the oil fields are taken, the back of Mexico will be broken. The entire army will move as a line northward and sweep over Mexico City. The Mexicans should soon surrender after that.

Oh and those other icons are my navy. I have lots of battleships courtesy of the Japanese navy. Nothing within 50km should stand for long. :D
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Phase 1 is successful. Rangers are not shock troops and are inherently slow but, the Mexicans were caught completely off guard. With the bridge secure, the entire Yucatan peninsula is open to us.

Phase 2 is meeting heavy resistance.

Phase 3 is in full swing by September.

Oct 16 1942 - The push has been a success but now we must halt our advance. With a total lack of motorized infantry, we are slow to respond to threats. Mexico is making good use of their vehicles and probing every nook and cranny they can find.

We must wait a few months to add more battalions to the line.
D.B. Cooper
Captain

Post by D.B. Cooper »

Love the progress, so far. If im outgunned like that, i like to form my defensive line, then use my most mobile unit avail. and send them across the front line as bait, expecting them
to send a reaction force, then they will attack my line instead of me having to move out of my defensive position. In other words bait em to come to your wall of artillery fire and entrenched rangers.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Aren't rangers wonderful? :)
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Dec 27 1952 - The whole front erupts in violence. Our push into Mexico City has begun. Hey at least we let them have a peaceful Christmas :)

Jan 5 1953 - Mexico Surrenders!!

Our largest land battle in history has ended with total victory for Guatemala. We now have the resource base and military bases to take on the entire South American continent.
Next stop, Panama.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

This will be my last post for this AAR. My goal was to create a Central American Empire. Well, Mission accomplished!

Feb 14 1954 - I won't even go into details on this one.
It was a pathetic fight. Panama fought to their last man but it was no challenge.

May 5 1954 - With Panama out of the picture, Guatemala was officially a Central American empire. However, we had one more goal. Secure a second source of oil and resources. Looks like Columbia was the unfortunate choice.

May 17 1954 - Our fighting line was over 50KM thick. While rangers may be slow, they are wonderful when massed.

Jul 1 1954 - A small detachment of troops pushes into northern Columbia while the primary army forms a line to stop any leaks.

Jul 25 1954 - A bit of a surprise here. It seems Columbia saw the fate of so many others and didn't bother to continue the fighting. With their capital and all of the south still in their hands, they surrendered to Guatemala. Hey, I can't complain.

This is the end of this AAR. It took 18 years but Guatemala has secured its place in history and established a great empire.
If you enjoyed this AAR and would like to continue playing it, please feel free to download the saved game Here

Final Stats are -
GDP: $1,120
GDP Rank: 8
Active Military: 450,000
Reserve Military: 94,000
Money: 5.505 Billion Dollars
Population: 90 Million
Pop Rank: 7
Total Casualties: 75,000
Total Casualties Inflicted: Not a clue. :)

I hope you all enjoyed it!
hedberg
Sergeant

Post by hedberg »

Great AAR! Although I was fairly sure you would lose to Mexico but you didn't. Viva Guatemala! :lol:
GreenGoblin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by GreenGoblin »

Very nice AAR! I had a look at the save: that's one weird-looking world. How did Poland get so big?

Disappointing to see that the world is not demobilizing, considering that there is only one sphere left (Paraguay's not going to start any wars :wink: ) and all countries are at peace. I'm sure the game speed could be much faster if there weren't still so many units roaming around.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Poland got big in a weird way. When WW2 ended, Poland was still at war with the USSR. However, USSR was without an army. When Germany surrendered, most of their territory went back to the USSR. With no army to defend its self, it was steamrolled by Poland with the help of the UK (who wasn't at war with ussr).

Return to “After Action Reports”